NEurope
Librarian

Shadow of the Colossus

Whoa... good thing I just dusted my ps2 off and it's in perfect working order.

9.7 this baby scored at IGN. european release european release european release.. october 27.. according to ign.. phew.. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And I almost forgot about this one.. have just seen some clips where a guy fights a stone giant.. holy crap that looks amazing

Well, looks like I'll be gettin this baby!

Had my eye on it and have been pretty impressed, after reading that it's a definate purchase for me now!

european release european release european release.. october 27.. according to ign.. phew.. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You mean february 2006 right....

I don't own a PS2 (and won't be getting one either), but i've heard quite abit about this game (and of course ICO before it), so i decided to look it up the other day.

I think the game looks absolutley amazing; the visuals, size and gameplay of this game deserve that high score. The landscape is fantastic, aswell as the horse and range of moves (on and off your horse) is awesome!!

The boss battles and how they play out also absolutely amazed me!!

Check this video action trailer out...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7924&type=wmv

or if you want a video review of the game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8124&type=wmv (Story spoilers towards the end)

(shame to hear the game only last 8-9 hours!)

(The times when you are riding on your horse across the massive landscape with your sword held high, shining a beam of light is extremely reminisant of Gandalf in Return of the King!)

Great Game!!!!

You mean february 2006 right....

ign says 27 oct.. but ok.. they probably got it wrong.. damn.. that date is also to good to be true

Yeah europe gets it next year. I've got this baby on preorder from VGP and should be posted sometime this week. I seriously can't wait to play this beauty.

Isn't it supposed to be out in America today? Wikipedia says so, and Wikipedia is never, ever wrong.

I want it but I'm scared I won't enjoy it.

Only one way to find out. If you dont like it, flog it on Ebay.

Im very excited about this, but alas have had to cancel my VGP order as a) I cant afford it and b) I want to buy the PAL version when it comes out. I can feel myself cracking though as I type...it looks so awesome.

________

CHEVROLET TOWNSMAN

Edited by Johelian

Only one way to find out. If you dont like it, flog it on Ebay.

Im very excited about this, but alas have had to cancel my VGP order as a) I cant afford it and b) I want to buy the PAL version when it comes out. I can feel myself cracking though as I type...it looks so awesome.

Resist the urge, you must.

I caved already. That didnt last long did it? I always figure I can sell it when Im done with it and buy the PAL version (unless the lure of 60Hz makes it a permanent addition to my collection...)

________

HERBALAIRE

Edited by Johelian

I want it but I'm scared I won't enjoy it.

could always rent it couldn't ya?

maybe im being dumb but i cant seem to find ICO 1 for sale on either play, game or gameplays websites. What's up with that?

maybe im being dumb but i cant seem to find ICO 1 for sale on either play, game or gameplays websites. What's up with that?

Because its uber rare. Have a look on Ebay to see how much a mint condition copy goes for. If youre lucky you might be able to locate one second hand in GAME, since they sell it for ?14.97 preowned.

Also, its just ICO. No "1" ;)

________

oxygen vaporizer

Edited by Johelian

Everyone that's brought this game in the US is raving about just how amazing it really is.

Just the art direction in general is blowing some people away aswell as the vastness of the game world............and alot of people are calling it an instant classic, and that it's up there with the best of them just like Ico was a few years back.

Now if that doesn't make you anticipate it, then I don't know what will.

I'll be buying this and Katamari, then the PS2 will be laid to rest me thinks.

whys the game rare? seems to have gotten very good reviews. Also, upon reading the review for shadow of the colossus I've decided that if im ever guna get a PS2, now's the time (before my mind is corrupted by beyootiful 360 graphics.)

whys the game rare? seems to have gotten very good reviews. Also, upon reading the review for shadow of the colossus I've decided that if im ever guna get a PS2, now's the time (before my mind is corrupted by beyootiful 360 graphics.)
well you see... the game is out of print right now, from what I heard... now... there's a chance that sony re-releases it when shadow of colosus comes out, or re-releasing it, if shadow of colosus sells well, because if you really like a game, you might want more from the same team... and that's ICO...

I played ico once... awesome game, If you guy's have a PS2 just buy them both, i'd buy them if I had one, that's for sure, shame to hear that shadow of colosus is so short though.

Just to let you guys know, I have moved house and havent got the 'net sorted yet - but I have nabbed my sisters connection just to say that the game is AMAZING. I got it yesterday and took on the first 3 colossi in around 2 hours and - wow. The scope, the environments, the colossi...all of them are, quite literally, perfect. The only issue I have is that the controls and camera go a bit mental in certain positions, like when youre hanging off the side of a colossus and its moving about - but then, the camera is being moved around a completely free space, so its not that surprising (I had similar issues with Ecco at times, in which you can move in any direction as opposed to forwards/backwards and so the camera sometimes made the controls a bit awkward).

The battles are so epic...imaging hanging 80 ft in the air, clinging desperately to the sparse fur on a huge bull-like giant thats trying to shake you off, while simultanously trying to find a way to its "weak" spot...its really unbelievably tense.

Get it now everyone - you owe it to yourselves as gamers to play this :)

________

Hot box vaporizer

Edited by Johelian

... I also took the first 3colossi. I find the game boring... hope it's more to the game than just hunting down those colossi.

The game has amazingly huge enviromant. And everything is well thought out. Good Grapihcs and good animations.. But just fighting those colossi was boring... I want dungeons and little enemies... :/