NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Twozzok

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo, buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

This sort of stuff reminds me of a bitt in Monkey Island

How much wood could a Wood Chuck chuck if a Wood Chuck could chuck wood?

But the question is not really how much wood could a Wood Chuck chuck if a Wood Chuck could chuck wood? The question is would a Wood Chuck chuck wood if a Wood Chuck could chuck wood.

Or something like that.

I like the word fo'c's'le, short for forecastle. (both pronounced fox-ull)

The word "set" has 36 english definitions.

"Go." is the shortest sentence in the English language.

I'm sure you can get a shorter sentance. Like "Which box do you think has a cake in it? A or B?"

"A?"

"A" A one letter sentance. :grin:

子子の子子子子子子の子子子子

Pronounced:

"Neko no ko koneko, shishi no ko koshishi"

And means:

The child of a cat is a kitten; the child of a lion is a cub.

"Lady Cavendish stood up and gathered her thoughts. ‘Indeed, the uses of had had and that that have to be strictly controlled; they can interrupt the imaginotransference quite dramatically, causing readers to go back over the sentence in confusion, something we try to avoid.’

‘Go on.’

‘It’s mostly an unlicensed-usage problem. At the last count David Copperfield alone had had had had sixty-three times, all but ten unapproved. Pilgrim’s Progress may also be a problem due to its had had/that that ratio.’

‘So what’s the problem in Progress?’

‘That that had that that ten times but had had had had only thrice. Increased had had usage had had to be overlooked, but not if the number exceeds that that that usage.’

‘Hmm,’ said the Bellman, ‘I thought had had had had TGC’s approval for use in Dickens? What’s the problem?’

‘Take the first had had and that that in the book by way of example,’ explained Lady Cavendish. ‘You would have thought that that first had had had had good occasion to be seen as had, had you not? Had had had approval but had had had not; equally it is true to say that that that that had had approval but that that other that that had not.’

‘So the problem with that other that that was that . . . ?’

‘That that other-other that that had had approval.’

‘Okay,’ said the Bellman, whose head was in danger of falling apart like a chocolate orange, ‘let me get this straight: David Copperfield, unlike Pilgrim’s Progress, had had had, had had had had. Had had had had TGC’s approval?’"

Bit of Thursday Next there?

Jasper Fforde is awesome.

Really enyoing the thread! The example above is about as confusing as any degree level maths book. There's an example similar to the buffalo one with badgers.

Magic!

子子の子子子子子子の子子子子

Pronounced:

"Neko no ko koneko, shishi no ko koshishi"

And means:

The child of a cat is a kitten; the child of a lion is a cub.

So, 子 means Ne/ko/shi?

So, 子 means Ne/ko/shi?

Yes, they are three of its readings. The character itself means "child", but it can mean other things in componds, even when combined with iself.

I thought of a geeky one:

"Torrent torrent torrents, torrent torrent torrent torrents!"

then google google googles

I thought of a geeky one:

"Torrent torrent torrents, torrent torrent torrent torrents!"

then google google googles

My level of geekness can't reach your superior geek thoughts.

I'm sure you can get a shorter sentance. Like "Which box do you think has a cake in it? A or B?"

"A?"

"A" A one letter sentance.

"Go." and "A." are not sentences... you need a subject and a verb or predicate to make a clause. "To be.", I think is the shortest sentence. Things you say aloud, like the response "A", are not sentences, people don't actually speak in sentences.

"I am." has less letters than "To be."

Therefore "I am." is shorter :P

"Go." and "A." are not sentences... you need a subject and a verb or predicate to make a clause. "To be.", I think is the shortest sentence. Things you say aloud, like the response "A", are not sentences, people don't actually speak in sentences.

I think "Be" can count as a sentence- it's imperative with an implicit subject. I suppose the same is true for "Go" though.

Damn....I read the thread title and expected to see the followup to that crazy badger, mushroom, snake song/flash vid

Damn....I read the thread title and expected to see the followup to that crazy badger, mushroom, snake song/flash vid

Haha, me too :D

Great thread regardless.

Sign in to follow this