NEurope
Hal_9Million

Set Nintendo Europe website as you home page.

If any of you like me have been a Nintendo VIP:24/7 for quite a long time, you may have noticed that every day, if you log onto the Nintendo Europe website, you get 5 stars. Since I heard about star points being integrated into the Wii points system, I decided that it would be a good idea to set the Nintendo website as my home page, so it automatically logs me in whenever I open up firefox. I'm not sure how other browsers work, but in firefox you can have several home pages, so I've got Nintendo set to number 3 tab.

If you think about it, 5 stars a day is quite a lot actually. It only takes 20 days to make 100 star points, which is pretty good considering the effort.

When I look at my stars history, I've earned 11,360 so far, I've currently got 5,760 (bought a Mario GC controller), but the most interesting stat of all is that I've clocked up 4,725 points through repeat visits to the site. Yes this has been done over several years, but since I got the Wii, I've been getting 5 a day, which means I've had a total of... 92 days, so I've made 460 points in 3 months.

There's no knowing how long until the stars are connected to the Wii points, or just how much a star will be worth in wii points, but the more you have, the more VC games you'll be able to buy.

To finnish, I suggest that you all either log onto the Nintendo website every day, or set it as you home page, and you never have to think about it. Because there's free points at stake, and we all love to get things for free.

Well that's nice.

It's a good idea to keep users interested in the site.

Maybe N-europe will do something similar and give away Wii games (wink-wink)

Hasn't the 5 stars a day thing always been there? I thought you were talkin about setting it as the homepage on the wii not sure why but i thought something cool could happen. Guess i jumped the gun. How exactly are the star points being integrated with the wii points though has that been clarified yet?

For ages I visted daily. However, i've realised its all well and good having 17,000 points, but theres NEVER anything to spend them on.

For ages I visted daily. However, i've realised its all well and good having 17,000 points, but theres NEVER anything to spend them on.

And when there is it's usually sold out 5 minutes before it goes up!

Well not exactly, but it might as well be! :mad:

There's no knowing how long until the stars are connected to the Wii points

I would imagine a long time knowing NoE.

Been doing this for a long time already. The last couple of days the site hasn't been working though for me... =/

I usually log in every day for the stars too, not much else though. Man that site is in need of a serious overhaul!

I hope when they do eventually revamp the site we get something a little bit easier on the eyes too, they should take a few tips from the Nintendo of Japan website:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/

I haven't had any "Repeat visits to Nintendo" stars since the 6th March. It seems they stopped the "5 Stars per visit" thing last week.

Perhaps it's because Stars will become useful soon?

I have a question. Say i buy a VC game whilst my Wii country setting is defined to Portugal. If i change it to England later, what will happen to my games/wii points?