NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Official Thread

They would hit Lyude a lot for me too in that place. He had the least defence cards too maybe that's why?

I beat the cats on my first try and I used the opposite elements but not only that. It wasn't really hard to me though.

Yeah Malpercio was easy there.

The fight against Giacomo and others is easy too but you will be busy for a long time.

I was fighting them for about an hour or so. Good luck.

Well I have managed to start playing this again. I have just beat the Thunder Fish boss erm thingy. I have left the head of it in the river as I have been told to. Also the music in the cloud area is amazing ( to be fair all of it is ). Does that dude with the paddle for a weapon get any better because at the moment he sucks big style especially his speed. Still loving it though!

Well I have managed to start playing this again. I have just beat the Thunder Fish boss erm thingy. I have left the head of it in the river as I have been told to. Also the music in the cloud area is amazing ( to be fair all of it is ). Does that dude with the paddle for a weapon get any better because at the moment he sucks big style especially his speed. Still loving it though!

Giacamo is personally my 2nd favourite character in battle. I think he's excellent for my style.

I think you mean Gibari. Anyways I just finished saving the castle and beat that Wing God. Really starting to get into the game now. Bit of a nightmare as I had to fight 1 of the bosses again as I forgot to take his picture lol. Also I managed to save all the guards in the castle battle giving me all the Elemental cards which was nice. Now on to my next area....

Ok I got to ask. What were Namco smoking when they came up with that Candy Land and the Paper Book World? It really freaked me out then I had a laughing fit over it. Also I was loving the old 8-bit dungeon which was also a laugh.

I have started to get used to Gibari now as I have got a decent deck with him. I was on the thing non-stop yesterday as It really dragged me into it. Anyone else think the story is a bit similar to Skies of Arcadia? Or does it take a different turn at somepoint? The music in certain places is abit like Kingdom Hearts on the ps2 which is no bad thing.

Ok I got to ask. What were Namco smoking when they came up with that Candy Land and the Paper Book World? It really freaked me out then I had a laughing fit over it. Also I was loving the old 8-bit dungeon which was also a laugh.

I have started to get used to Gibari now as I have got a decent deck with him. I was on the thing non-stop yesterday as It really dragged me into it. Anyone else think the story is a bit similar to Skies of Arcadia? Or does it take a different turn at somepoint? The music in certain places is abit like Kingdom Hearts on the ps2 which is no bad thing.

I love the candy place, its just so pretty, but the Paper book World yeah, WHAT THE FECK?!

The mystical garden/8 bit dungeon is one of my favourite parts of the game.Genius.

I wouldn't say the story is that much like SOA to be honest, although I can see what you mean.

Just reached disc 2 now wooooooooooooooooo! That whole candy/paper book/ mirror world messed my head up real good. Quick question.What level should I be on when I reach the end? I will probably be quite high as I plan on getting all 1000 odd magus but I just want to know what level I should be at.

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but like I stated before im trying to get all the cards. Now i have been reading a onetime only faqs ( tells you the cards that only appear once) and it says this:

Once you reach Alfard, keep a spare Camera in your Stock. Once you get off the island, you'll see why.

I have just landed in Alfard and I havent a clue what im supposed to be looking for here.

Any help?

Thanks

Just reached disc 2 now wooooooooooooooooo! That whole candy/paper book/ mirror world messed my head up real good. Quick question.What level should I be on when I reach the end? I will probably be quite high as I plan on getting all 1000 odd magus but I just want to know what level I should be at.

Thanks

Level 65 and up shoudl be good... I was 79 I think. And in my last save game lv.99 which is max.

I hope your level is high enough for the fight yer about to get into n_n.

Anywa, once you get to a place called "celestial alps" you might want to do some training as you get some really strong weapons there n_n plus its great experience n_n

Ok thanks for the tips and yeah I heard the next area is pretty tough so I will do some levelling up. Still I cant touch the game yet until I get an answer for that Magnus question I asked ( also put it on gamefaqs ) as I dont want to miss anything.

EDIT: Someone gave me the answer on gamefaqs so I can start playing again lol. I think I will try level up to about level 28 by just killing the guards over and over in Llyudes home town.

I trying to decide if im going to buy this. Must admit that I have become a bit tired of the constant "love/hate/bickering/teasing troubled teenager" thing that seems to dominate many rpg's. So, is is there a lot of that in here? And if there is no love story, that would be even better..

only thing that really annoyed me was that stupid bitch Xeila, ahh she had the ost annoying voice ever. It burns my ears I tell you, arghhh.....but yeah great game.

Well I made it to the last boss last night. I tanned his first form but im debating whether to go kill him now or go and get the rest of my Magnus first. I have 866 so im not that far off. Whats stopping me getting most of them is the combining chart. Some of them take ages to pull off.

only thing that really annoyed me was that stupid bitch Xeila, ahh she had the ost annoying voice ever. It burns my ears I tell you, arghhh.....but yeah great game.

I swear theres a bug in this game with the voices switch the setting to surround sound and it is so much better! Its just a pitty i didnt find out about this bug till the end of disk1 lol :(

Yeah I seen your post about it on Gamefaqs so I switched the surround on to give it a try and it worked fine.

Also only 100 Magnus to go now.....

I swear theres a bug in this game with the voices switch the setting to surround sound and it is so much better! Its just a pitty i didnt find out about this bug till the end of disk1 lol :(

Well it's not really a bug. They meant for the effect to be there as a sign of your relationship with Kalas. When your relationship gets better you will hear the voices much clearer and vice versa. Too bad the effect isn't really nice to hear. I had it on surround too.

I am nearing the end of this game.

some people seem pretty hardcore with their character levels. I seem to be on about level 50 for most of my characters. And thats been playing normally, with a decent amount of battles, and not really skipping or rushing through anything.

I kinda want it to go on, but also want to complete it as it's taken a big chunk of my life recently, some 50 hours no less. And I reckon there's another 5 - 10 hours left in it yet.

I have to say the game started rather slowly but really does pick up on the 2nd disk. The story has more than a few twists and turns, and the characters really get developed later on. To fully appreciate how good a game this is, you will have to persist and be patient with it. I did find it a bit lacking at first, but it is really good when your party starts get strong.

The Music in this game is just brilliant. Like Tales of Symphonia it adds so much emotion and atmosphere and you get a real epic feel. The voice acting is good in parts but mostly rubbish, though i still prefer it over just having text. Kalas, especially is really good.

I'd recommend this game to anyone who likes rpgs, or looking for a long quest. But be prepared to put the time in because you won't really like it to begin with. At the end this is a brilliant game. Arguably the best on Gamecube, though Tales, might just shade it for being more consistent throughout.

Im still "stuck" at the last boss as I refuse to fight him til I have achieved everything. I was on doing the combo list all day yesterday and just need to do 1 more combo then that is finished. I also need to finish my magnus list. I only need 10 more, one of which is off the combo, While the others are all time based Magnus so I have to wait til they change. One of them doesnt change til 336 hours so I have to leave my cube on while im asleep. After that then I will go fight the boss with all my peeps at lvl 99.

You really play through a game don't you? That's what I might do on my second playthrough...

talk about finishing a game. i really couldn't do that, wouldn't have the patience no matter how much i like it.

i dont think it would be a case of not having the patience to complete a game 100% its just the case of not having the time! God work sucks, trust me stay in school/ college as long as possible lol