NEurope
Stocka

Baten Kaitos Official Thread

Hmm well its not that hard..if theres 2 soldiers on their side, you simply us 3 soldiers to beat them, or one stronger one. You can also get new soldiers from a certain room n_n;; I didnt know that at first so yeah, I had to trash em myself ;_;

I feel like playing that game agian now n_n

Yep I didn't know that you could get more soldiers, too. Would have been easier if I did because I nearly died back then.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just got in from work and my guide has shown up looks like i will start this tomorrow morning as I have had a hard shift....Cant wait to play it. I will tell you guys what I think after a few hours play.

Yeah, I really like this game. Haven´t played in a while now but will soon. I´ve got lv. 99 with Kalas & Gibari and closing in with the others.

Well im just under 5 hours into the game and all I can say is simply AWESOME. Im loving every second of the game from the opening sequence, which by the way is amazing, to the point at which im at ( Just finished Lords Mansion ) everything is fantastic so far.

One of the main reasons why I never picked it up on release day was due to it being card based. I was thinking it may have been something like Lost Kingdoms which I couldnt really get into but after playing it I can see its so different from that. Also the action is really fast paced and you just forget about it being a card game and just think of them as your moves.

The characters and music are also top notch. Kalos is cool as hell as is his metallic wing. The battle music, especially for the bosses that I have fought, is very upbeat hell one of them is even a dance tune!

Sidequest are a thing which I love in RPGs and this doesnt disappoint so far. Im on getting names for the old mans Geneology and taking photos mid battle is a blast especially with the sayings that occur when you take the pic. Also seeing all the combos that I need to find it looks as though this will take me a good while which is a good thing to me. Quick question regarding photos. Once I take them of teh boss do I need to keep them as some bosses only appear once or is it safe to sell them once I have aquired them?

So in a nut shell im loving it and thanks once again to Ray for giving me the inspiration to buy it.....One question though. When im in a battle im getting special moves in my deck but I still havent figured out what causes them to appear. Is it random or is there something deeper to it?

Thanks

Well im just under 5 hours into the game and all I can say is simply AWESOME. Im loving every second of the game from the opening sequence, which by the way is amazing, to the point at which im at ( Just finished Lords Mansion ) everything is fantastic so far.

One of the main reasons why I never picked it up on release day was due to it being card based. I was thinking it may have been something like Lost Kingdoms which I couldnt really get into but after playing it I can see its so different from that. Also the action is really fast paced and you just forget about it being a card game and just think of them as your moves.

The characters and music are also top notch. Kalos is cool as hell as is his metallic wing. The battle music, especially for the bosses that I have fought, is very upbeat hell one of them is even a dance tune!

Sidequest are a thing which I love in RPGs and this doesnt disappoint so far. Im on getting names for the old mans Geneology and taking photos mid battle is a blast especially with the sayings that occur when you take the pic. Also seeing all the combos that I need to find it looks as though this will take me a good while which is a good thing to me. Quick question regarding photos. Once I take them of teh boss do I need to keep them as some bosses only appear once or is it safe to sell them once I have aquired them?

So in a nut shell im loving it and thanks once again to Ray for giving me the inspiration to buy it.....One question though. When im in a battle im getting special moves in my deck but I still havent figured out what causes them to appear. Is it random or is there something deeper to it?

Thanks

Anytime my friend n_n I'm glad you like the game as predicted n_~

You can take the photos of the bosses and sell them yes, no problem. In fact, these will give you the most cash. And all the photos you take will appear on the collectors list so yeah you can sell em. Actually, you dont even have to take the photo as your proize in order to get it in the list, but most of the times you'll want them anyway (sepcially the boss pictures)

The special moves? Well some can be used only after playing a certain amount of cards. At the point where you are, simply playing one attack card before them will do.

Sometimes stronger special attacks will suddenly pop up. Thats cause of the reltion with the Spirit (being you) The better your relationship with Kalas, the more chance you get to getting one of these special attacks. There are about 12 of em in the game I think n_n.

So think hard when Kalas asks you a question, the more right answers you give the more chance you get in getting those special moves n_n

I love the starmap side quest and family tree quest too 0_0 And its alot of fun and very rewarding to complete them n_n.

Thats about it, if you have more questions please ask. I just picked up the game again too. This will be my 4th play through I think. n_n So cool...

Anyway gotta run. Take care

--Ray

Been playing the game over the weekend, i'm about 11 hours in. I just landed on the 4th island.

I really enjoying it so far although its not the best RPG i ever played.

And as said bofort the star map and family tree are great.

I havent been able to get on anymore over the weekend due to going to flicks, dvds to watch etc. Hopefully I will pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Started over yesterday, and I'm pissed I didn't start over sooner (dropped off back in May). About to go to the Wind Shrine which makes me happy. I also discovered something I never noticed before. Those flame swords turn into Short swords after awhile...disappointing that is... Progressing quite quickly though, so I'm happy. I love this game!

true, the first flame swords turn to regular swords after an hour...same goes for the powerfull light blades you get in the Library (which despite being freaky, which I hate, is one of my fav dungeons)

However later in the game you get the Efreeti Blades (also fire element) which wont turn to regular blades)

I once had a savegame in which I had about 40-50 of em. 0_0 been training for so long in the Celestial Alps n_n;;;; I totally owned everything with those 0_0

Anyway, I'm gonn play soon or tomorrow again ;_; I love that game so much. I'm gonna try some new stuff too new techniques and stuff n_n.

I know its a big ask with it being my first post and all but could anyone help me out with a gamesave at the start of disk 2? Long story, but i completed disk 1 a few weeks back but had to stop playing because off work. Just got back round to playing it only to find the save wont load of disk 2 even tho the save is called disk one complete or something?

Just load it off disk 1 i hear? yeah well the reason i cant load it off disk 1 is because my little brother found the dvd and i really have no clue what he did with it to get it in such a state but it isnt even reconised in the gamecube anymore :(

Come on please someone help me out i really want to continue with the story. I have looked at the saves on gamesfaq.com but really dont want to use the save and spoil the story as its right at the end of the game.

Thanks but its no good i can remember making the save at the end of disk 1 before it asked me to swap the disks so i think this is why it doesnt show when i look for it on disk 2. And as disk 1 wont even load any more looks like i am really screwed till i can find somebody to provide a save at the start of disk 2. I dont know anyone with a gamecubeto test out my disk 1 as they all have a xbox or ps2 :(

A problem of my own (possible spoilers despite the obvious...), I'm fighting Geldoblame and am in need of many more Sacred Wine cards. I've only got the one I got with Mizuti (holder was killed right away...). Where are these other ones Nintendo Power recommends I have?

You can make Sacred Wines by combining a Holy Grail and a Japanese Rice Wine in a battle using that combination with only those cards used in a turn. You'll get a Sacred Wine after the battle.

As for the save problem it should load off the second disc so you shouldn't need disc 1 for that. The save must be corrupt. You'll need a new one but I don't think you'll find it on the internet. There are mostly almost complete saves but not for the beginning off disc 2. Maybe someone with an Action Replay or Gameshark can help.

Your right it was corrupt somehow, i ran it through GCConvert changing it from pal to usa and back again to pal. Put it back on my memory card and bingo it loaded up from disk 2 :) Can continue with the story now so thanks for all the help and ideas.

just a quick note does anyone know whats up with the voices in this game? They dont sound correct untill you change the setting to suround sound. Strange thing is i dont have a suround sound system lol

I managed to bag this in Toys R Us for £20 a coupla days ago and so far I'm not impressed, the battle system is one of my main problems. I've only gotten into two-ish battles but I've just chosen the first two cards I got, hit twice and defended as much, can anyone break it down for me?

How long will it take to beat this game? I starte dthe other week but havent been able to get on it lately but I ahve 2 weeks holiday starting next week and I plan on playing it then. Can it be beat in 2 weeks?

Cheers

How long will it take to beat this game? I starte dthe other week but havent been able to get on it lately but I ahve 2 weeks holiday starting next week and I plan on playing it then. Can it be beat in 2 weeks?

Cheers

It depends wether you want everything or not. Just playing the game straight through wouldn´t be a problem within two weeks I guess.

How do you get any of the Special Combos? Not the ones that appear during battles but the ones listed in the collectables bit on the camp menu.

How do you get any of the Special Combos? Not the ones that appear during battles but the ones listed in the collectables bit on the camp menu.

My Word program is down for the moment so I can´t post the list so unless someone else can do it you have to wait. Sorry.

Here is a guide with all the combos:

http:// db.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/baten_kaitos_magnus_combo.txt

Copy and paste and delete the spaces to see it.

WOW what a game i am so glad i managed to complete it, its got a great ending that leaves you with a nice feeling of completion not like some others that feel like they put them together in 5 mins. Atleast you got a happy ending, for a second i didn't think i would :)

Roll on baten kaitos 2!

WOW what a game i am so glad i managed to complete it, its got a great ending that leaves you with a nice feeling of completion not like some others that feel like they put them together in 5 mins. Atleast you got a happy ending, for a second i didn't think i would :)

Roll on baten kaitos 2!

Yeah the ending is great isn't it, it felt such a great achievement.

WTF was up with that final battle though :heh: it was just plain weird

Yeah they shouldn't have put that final battle in there without an explanation. It just feeled unneccesary like this. Glad you enjoyed the game. ;)