NEurope
Guest Jordan

Miyamato GDC Keynote 18:30 GMT - Something on the cards tonight from Shigsy?

As for shigs keynote, remember the news a few days back that nintendo might not be able to announce anything new due to a stock issue. I hope thats wrong.

I'm pretty sure that it's just nasty bullshit about that stock-issue. Yes, the financial year is over - but they will announce things for the new financial year, wich means it doesn't affect them. And all announcements are positive announcements for the stock - if the ideas are good off course, you need to have some market for them, too. But we'll see. I'm pretty sure Miyamoto has some interesting stuff to say and (from what i see as a pattern now) maybe the monthly channel will be revealed, showing that it's the Wii Music and Video Codex Channel. Hope, off course.

About that stock thing.... Surely a good announcement would raise the share price? Unless Nintendo are planning to reveal something which would lower the share price, in which case they'll wait until the end of the financial year...

About that stock thing.... Surely a good announcement would raise the share price? Unless Nintendo are planning to reveal something which would lower the share price, in which case they'll wait until the end of the financial year...

The way I see it, Nintendo are all about risks. I bet share prices went down when they announced the Wii name.

I can't believe that was almost a year ago now... End of April was it?

Jeux-France.com have just posted that the keynote is meant to start in a few minutes... That was at 5:50, does it start at 6 or are a few French minutes about 40 minutes?

The thing is from what I understand is that stock situtation is that if Nintendo announces anything to lower or raise the stock price that the japanese government has agreed with Nintendo is that it would be deemed as "insider trading" and is a serious offence.

The way I see it, Nintendo are all about risks. I bet share prices went down when they announced the Wii name.

Except The Reg. He's about kicking ass, he's about taking names.

It's going to start late supposadely.

Just announce a 'demo-channel' and that would be great. I'm not expecting anything new really.

A new Mario Galaxy trailer would be cool!

Would love to see 'WiiLive' - Like Home except Nintendo branded!

Would love to see 'WiiLive' - Like Home except Nintendo branded!

Mii-village

Knowing Mii knowing you

Wii-World

To Mii! To you!

Are a few rumoured names for it. It's gonna happen.

NEWS: MYAMOTO ANNOUNCES
his retirement?

Even if that's a joke, didn't he say when he recieved his Life-Time acchievement award yesterday that he wasn't planning on retiring anyday soon?

Mii-village

Knowing Mii knowing you

Wii-World

Are a few rumoured names for it. It's gonna happen.

Awesome names! (Especially the second one: peace: ) Are there actually rumours, cos I was just joking!:heh:

Awesome names! (Especially the second one: peace: ) Are there actually rumours, cos I was just joking!:heh:

Nah, i was joking. :)

Everything that's happened so far. Miyamoto isn't there yet.

18:43.15 -

Oh good, more Daft Punk. No sign of Miyamoto. One of the stewards is wearing a kilt.

18:39.32 -

We're being told to turn off all telephones "and all other noise creating devices". Even DSes?

18:37.31 -

Still no sign of Miyamoto or indeed anyone apart from the audience and a man with a robot head.

18:35.26 -

A man in a suit with a robot head on is standing in front of the stage, bowing and waving to people. Makes a change from Sony's giant footballs yesterday.

18:33.33 -

There seem to be a few fanboys around, including one journalist dressed in a Mario hat and dungarees. No moustache though. Shame.

18:32.12 -

Looks like the keynote could be starting late. There are still a few people filling into the hall. It's all giant screens with the Nintendo logo and high tempo repetitive beats.

I am not zelda but I DO know him

help me Miyamoto, you're our only hope

We're at the Nintendo Shigeru Miyamoto keynote. It's starting any minute now.

I just spoke with Reggie and asked him if there were going to be any fireworks during the keynote. He said "a couple." He's the second one to tell me that today's keynote isn't going to be quite as bland as people initially expected. Hit the jump to follow along.

This is from Kotaku.