NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Saminthehat

Beyond Good and Evil realistic?

I know this has been done numerous times over the net but where do Ubisoft stand on a BG&E sequel? Have we got any sources with hints or rumours from Ubi staff? I really hope Ubi think twice on passing this up because the first installment truly was a phenominal game and really deserves a sequel (watch the ending-then you'll see).

I bought this a few weeks ago and still haven't even took the disc out yet. Really need to get through some of my games.

Some one on here who went to PLAY (the music thingy) said that they were told affirmative

I don't know who it was but someone at Ubi said that BG&E was planned as a trilogy and they'd like to create the sequels although the game sold pretty badly.

Its probably more likely than getting to buy Wii points with star points like Nintendo promised.

I for one would love a sequel and im sure that anyone that gave the game a try would say the same...The gameplay wasn't the reason it didn't sell and i feel it was more of the name of the game..BG&E sounded really generic to me when i first heard it and im sure that is how many non core gamers felt..

It sold pretty badly, so I doubt it. But you never know, it's a game a lot of people really enjoyed who took the time to play it.

Ancel has been interested in a sequel, he's said so lots of times. Doesn't mean it's happening though.

I guess that (hypothetically speaking) if he'd make it a Wii exclusive, he'd get the appreciation of a lot of Nintendo fans.

Its probably more likely than getting to buy Wii points with star points like Nintendo promised.

No, wait, I think that's been confirmed

No, wait, I think that's been confirmed

You don't really see the sarcasm here, do you? It's been announced for ages and the plans are still at a Nintendo desk waiting to be finalized. They don't seem to get it started.

Beyond Good and Evil was a phenomenal game - to say the least. It captured the imagination, but it was released alongside to other topgames (one of them was Splinter Cell), so the game was a financial blow for Ubisoft. I'm pretty sure, though, that they can get to sell it if they launch it well timed and the most important reason for it is that it has become such a cult-game that releasing it would make everyone buy it.

the game sold pretty badly.

So did Sands of time. That became the first in a trilogy and now a film is being made :D

Maybe Ubi just need to sex BG&E up like the did with the Prince of Persia sequel.

So did Sands of time. That became the first in a trilogy and now a film is being made :D

Maybe Ubi just need to sex BG&E up like the did with the Prince of Persia sequel.

Hmm, I dunno, that might spoil it.

Frederick Raynal (An absolutely superb french developer, better than Ancel in my opinion - Alone in the Dark, LBA and Toy Commander are his biggest titles) and Little Big Adventure (Essientally a BG&E style game but done about 10-15 years ago - gameplay differences obviously because of its age but BG&E was inspired by it apparently) is now reportedly under Ubi Softs roof. It has a bigger fanbase and better sales behind in than BG&E so to be honest the chances of a BG&E sequel are probably smaller than they were before .

I hope so. The first one was pretty much on par with Ocarina of Time.

If they beef it up like that, than leave it be. The entire original game was destroyed thanks to the fighting setup. Keep it the ways it is and focus on story, Ancel.

Sign in to follow this