NEurope
mr_bogus

Lesser known 3D platformers

But seriously, what happened to Bubsy and Cool Spot?

Cool Spot was the greatest (the 1st one anyway)...ABCBACABCBAC ...wait a sec!!:shock:*

Cool spot is a way better mascot for 7UP than that lankey freak!!!

*Noone will get that

Cool Spot was the greatest (the 1st one anyway)...ABCBACABCBAC ...wait a sec!!:shock:*

Cool spot is a way better mascot for 7UP than that lankey freak!!!

*Noone will get that

Wasn't his name Fido Dido or something equally stupid? Although the stupidest was that Purple Ronnie who drank Vimto, not only is Vimto the crappest soft drink, but he was also a total tit!

This isn't GameCube, but does anybody remember Croc for the PC? Now that was, albeit aa little crappy, a platformer that wasn't known al too well and died a silent dead. Anybody who remembers it?

ahh cool spot... One game that will likely never get a vc release

I remember borrowing that off a mate, it was actually a decent game. It wasn't Super Mario World, but it was good.

no game is super mario world. not even sonic is ha... Super mario world is te greatest 2d platformer bar none

no game is super mario world. not even sonic is ha... Super mario world is te greatest 2d platformer bar none

:bowdown: defo, it is awesome. Pure platforming greatness. I love all the old mario games, but that is just a cut above.

I really love Yoshi's Island too, a lot of people don;t seem to rate it that much, what do you reckon?

Anyone played Wario World on the Cube? Is it any good as a platformer/adventure game? Would pick it up for £6 or less probs.

Anyone played Wario World on the Cube? Is it any good as a platformer/adventure game? Would pick it up for £6 or less probs.

I considered this, but I've seen it in Game Station and it was quite expensive, so I ignored it. I reckon it only got mid 70s review scores.

I considered this, but I've seen it in Game Station and it was quite expensive, so I ignored it. I reckon it only got mid 70s review scores.

it only got a low score for being short- like excite truck, jungle beat etc. Still £15 2nd hand in gamestation and cex. On the wants list anyhow.

Good? Yes, but *way* too easy. You can finish game under four hours if you aren't completionist.

:bowdown: defo, it is awesome. Pure platforming greatness. I love all the old mario games, but that is just a cut above.

I really love Yoshi's Island too, a lot of people don;t seem to rate it that much, what do you reckon?

well i really never took to yoshi's island maybe there is something i'm missing but i never got fun out of it. It was different for the time i suppose in the same way super mario bros 2 was different but i actually even prefer 2.

well i really never took to yoshi's island maybe there is something i'm missing but i never got fun out of it. It was different for the time i suppose in the same way super mario bros 2 was different but i actually even prefer 2.

I thought it was amazing, but after Super Mario World, I can see why people felt let down, especially in the linear story book style maps, compared to Super Mario World it felt very restrictive.

Yoshi's Island was a masterclass in design. Utterly fantastic and refreshing. To the person who asked about Rocket: Robot on Wheels....A really good game. Showing its age now obviously. But it was a GIANT leap above anything 3D platformer related on any other system..Yet pales when put next to Banjo and Mario on the N64. I think you can't go wrong with Starfox Adventures on the cube. Sure it's not the greatest game ever, yet for the price your getting a decent game with (still) lush visuals. And at least the space battles are pretty good. Monster House on the cube is also pretty good. Quite easy yet is like Resi for kids. Pretty good. I also think the Lego Star wars games are pretty good. Number 1 is ok but Lego Star Wars 2 on the cube is really good fun. (Co-op rules) Then there is Beyond Good and Evil which is fantastic. Ubi had some good showings on the cube with Prince of Persia too. Hopefully we see their 3d platform loving continue.

I do agree with the sphinx, kao and Ty comments though. Fun games with some challenge involved. And well worth picking up for a tenner.

Rocket Robot on Wheels, that game was mind blowing in its time. I remember having no idea how they'd managed to program so many puzzles, before i realised they're all just physics/gravity based. Same people that went onto do Sly Cooper/Racoon on the PS2. Ok so this has gone off the cube topic :p

Rocket Robot on Wheels, that game was mind blowing in its time. I remember having no idea how they'd managed to program so many puzzles, before i realised they're all just physics/gravity based. Same people that went onto do Sly Cooper/Racoon on the PS2. Ok so this has gone off the cube topic :p

the sly games care some of mt favourite games ever. I really hope after inFAMOUS, sucker puch get back to what their best at and make another.

Vexx (Done like traditional Mario 64 3d platformer. ie. hub level leading to lots of vastly different levels that you can select which objective to do for a "star/shine/whatever", collect 100 of an item for one too, boss every couple of levels type thing. Cartoony, but much darker and grittier graphics. Be aware though, getting everything is very hard, and the last boss is a complete and utter ****ty bastard).

Yay, I'm not the only one that hated Dark Yabu! :yay:

I actually bought Vexx pre-owned from amazon about 6 weeks ago. Well worth the money, but the last boss really might as well have been the first thing you did for all the preparation they gave you throughout the game. Ironically, I finished the 3rd part first time I got to it (after 5 plays of OoT, I was good at energy tennis).

I've been getting into Beyond Good & Evil again...This just HAS to be played. What a beautiful game it still is. I even like the stealth sections due to the domz wierd robot thing which shoots out its red rays and scans...It's fabulous and the juxtaposition of using modern technologies against the simple ethos of truth, family and home is a heavy emotional tag. There is some masterclass designs going on there. Sheer wonder. The beauty and scope of the underlying mystery into what is going on and the way in which you are moving the journo-type story onwards is still refreshing. The controls aren't anything special but they do a good job and never feel counter-inituitive. Wow, I'm ranting. Just play this game people. Play it again and talk about it here! Carlson and Petersoon out!!

I've been getting into Beyond Good & Evil again...This just HAS to be played. What a beautiful game it still is. I even like the stealth sections due to the domz wierd robot thing which shoots out its red rays and scans...It's fabulous and the juxtaposition of using modern technologies against the simple ethos of truth, family and home is a heavy emotional tag. There is some masterclass designs going on there. Sheer wonder. The beauty and scope of the underlying mystery into what is going on and the way in which you are moving the journo-type story onwards is still refreshing. The controls aren't anything special but they do a good job and never feel counter-inituitive. Wow, I'm ranting. Just play this game people. Play it again and talk about it here! Carlson and Petersoon out!!

Played it on pc and didn't like it at all, but then again it was on the PC. I might have to try it on the cube sometime.

PAL Cube version was 1 of the best versions, it came out something like 6 years after all the other versions so it was clean & solid by then. Still some annoying Ubisoft Frame Rate Drops but loved the game all the same.

Tak 3 the great juju challenge got good reviews as far as I can remember. It got about an 8 on ign.

I played the first one and it was...underwhelming. I like platformers to also be action, like ratchet and clank/jak/sly.

I know its off the subject of cube, but is the first sly and good? I've only ever played 2 and 3 and I did love them, but I heard 1 was different?

The first Sly was just 1 character, and more of a classic 3D platformer (although with very unique moves & puzzle design). I didn't play the others but heard they were more about changing to different characters to use different powers...?

The first Sly was just 1 character, and more of a classic 3D platformer (although with very unique moves & puzzle design). I didn't play the others but heard they were more about changing to different characters to use different powers...?

There were 3 main characters in the team. You controlled all 3 at some point during the game. They were great games though.

I might have to pick up the first.