NEurope
ManiLink

The top three games on the gamecube

1. Resident Evil 4

2. Wind Waker or Smash Brothers

3. Paper Mario 2

Oh, and thanks for the reminder! I need to finish Billy Hatcher too!

My top 3 GC games are:

Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime

Super Smash Bros - Melee

Resident Evil 4

Twilight Princess

Beyond Good & Evil

My criteria is that a game has to capture ones mind to a degree where the games reality feels real. When I play Resident Evil 4 I actually feel uncomfortable and occationally terror.

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee.

2. Resident Evil 4

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

At number 3 on my top3 list of the greatest Gamecube-games comes Baten Kaitos: Origins. With it's beautiful graphics and magnificent soundtrack and ingenous battlesystem it was truly the greatest final fantasy.

Following number 3 at second place is the first Baten Kaitos-game. It had it all. OK storyline, great character development, beautiful rendered graphics blends nicely with the magnificent soundtrack.

And, in number one place in my all-time greatest GC-games is none other then the truly immersive FPA, Metroid Prime, with it's greatest female protagonist, alone in all the world, fighting against monsters and picking up bounties. The game is be all, end all.

1. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

2. Super Mario Sunshine

3. Metroid Prime

ManiLink, I totally agree with everything you said about Metroid Prime. It was my first Metroid game too. Blew me away.

1. Metroid Prime

2. Skies of Arcadia

3. F-Zero GX

Mine would have to be...

1: Tales Of Symphonia

2: Skies Of Arcadia

3: Mario Smash Football (brilliant multiplayer)

Easy one this:

1. Resi 4

2. Wind Waker

3. Smash Bros

Despite me being a huge sonic and sega fan, thier turnout on the 'cube wasn't that good.

Easy one this:

1. Resi 4

2. Wind Waker

3. Smash Bros

Despite me being a huge sonic and sega fan, thier turnout on the 'cube wasn't that good.

with F-zero, skies of arcadia, monkey ball..... Are you sure you can say that? :)

I don't have a top. I love too many :yay:

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

2. Skies of Arcadia Legends

3. Baten Kaitos

RPG fan, me. :)

with F-zero, skies of arcadia, monkey ball..... Are you sure you can say that? :)

Yep I can. Monkey ball was ported as a double pack to PS2 and Xbox, so its exclusitivity to gamecube became zilch. As much as I love skies of Arcadia that was also a port, and F-zero was too dammed hard.

1. Metroid Prime

2. Super Smash Bros: Melee

3. Resident Evil 4

Why does everybody make us want to choose?!

We've already had top 10 which I struggled to complete, missing out some of my favourites but now you're asking for 3!.

You crazy. It can't be done, no way no how.

1/ Wind Waker

2/ ISS2

3/ fightnight 2 ( arthitic fingers)

In terms of attention given to the 70+ games i currently have

3)

Super Smash Bros Melee

The guys in my platoon (yes, I'm in the swedish army ATM) thought I was strange who had a Gamecube, but when I pulled out the SSBM disc, they were all hooked. Now, every afternoon we just keep whupping each others asses out of the ring again and again and again. For one player this game was fun for a fairly long while, with the adventuremode and challenges to beat, and trophies to collect, but with four players this game can be played forever... or untill Brawl comes out and you get better graphics, more characters and every aspect gets improved.

This is however more of a killer app than an excellent game. To be honest, before I tooke the cube to the army I hadn't touched this game for over two years...

2)

Resident Evil 4

We were patiently waiting for the Capcom 4.

Resident evil 4, Viewtiful Joe, Dead Phoenix and Product No 4. Resident Evil kept being reworked from scratch, Dead Phoenix got canned, PNO4 turned out to be pants and I really didn't give a ratts testicle for Viewtiful Joe. However, after a long time it finally arrived. RE4. With a more action-ish approach, improved controlls and smarter enemies. The voice acting was no longer useless, and all the graphics in the entire game were in real time. The game really hooked you, and had a pretty deep (allthough fairly ridiculous) story.

The graphics were gorgeous, the game was huge, and there were lots of unlockables.

This game could have been No1 on this list, but two things foiled it:

It was too short, and wasn't the killer app it was supposed to be.

Why it isn't the killer app it was planned to be? Well, here's the explenation:

it was supposed to be GC exclusive. It WASN'T. It got ported for every format available (even the PC), PLUS the GC version was the poorest one. The PS2 version had extra weapons and LOADS of extra missions.

1)

Zelda: Twilight Princess

This is IT. The reason (appart from Perfect Dark 2:cry: ) why I bought a Cube. I got a bit dissapointed with Majoras Mask for the N64, so after Spaceworld 2000 I was so hyped about the forthcoming Zelda... And then came those pics of Wind Waker... which I at first thought were a joke. After eight friggin' years it's finally here.

A bigger, more beautiful and in every single way better zeldagame. For the first time in like three years (MGS:Twin Snakes) I played the game for over three hours a day. Apart from the fishingparts that I hate, I was hooked on every aspect of the game. Lets just hope it doesent take another eight years untill this game gets a propper sequel. By then the wife I might have (I'm 20 years old) won't be to keen on having me playing videogames for several hour s a day:grin:.

wow u cant be serious? ^ ISS2 lol wtf???

I can understand that. I had access to a mate's GCN at uni, and that's pretty much all I played :grin:

I have never played Metroid. Fact.

So Resident Evil 4

And Tales of Symphonia

And Mario Golf

The Best. Followed closely by Super Smash Bros. And Soul Calibur II.

Slightly off topic:

After playing ISS to death on the N64 and playing ISS 2000 every now and then to this day, I was REALLY looking forward to ISS2 on the GC.

It was sluggish in comparison to ISS 2000 but therein lay its purity. It was the thinking mans game. I wasn't used to that...it scared me as I feared Konami had ruined ISS...Eventually we all knew about KCEO and KCET merging and Pro Evo becoming Konamis standard. But ISS2 left a mark on me. The stadiums were good, the game had a charm to it and 2 player was always great fun. The shaky cam goal-frame still stands out to me as something unique and the (bump mapped?) pitch, and distance blur blew all my mates away when it came out.

I was devastated by ISS3 but it still had some elements which I enjoyed. I adore the music from the edit mode in ISS3 to this day..(bizarre I know). But it's just Pro Evo now...1,2,3,4,5,6,7. And therein lies the biggest shame..No more arcade ISS. ISS on the N64 and ISS2 will always be special to me.

TOP THREE ON GC (which means they changed gaming in their generation):

Animal Crossing - So unique it hurt, with added NES!

Wind Waker - Disney must have sh** themselves. Showed Nintendo for what they are. True innovators and never afraid to change anything.

Smash Bros Melee - Best value for money, and use of IP's ever!

1.Wind Waker - My fave Zelda game after OOT, I really really loved this game.

2. Super Smash Bros Melee - Dont think I should explain about this :P

3: Resident Evil 4 - Best Resi game out there! made better on the Wii