NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

I'll remake official threads for the RPGs like before :hehe: Keep em as busy as before guys!

Lloyd, Sheena, Raine and Genis. Lloyd because he's so much fun to control, Sheena because of the off-chance I can summon when she goes into over-limit. Raine because of her brilliant support spells, and of course the midget Genis with his amazing magic attacks. He gets so strong at the end of the game it's almost unreal. If I need to switch a character out, usually Sheena gets swapped.

I always control Lloyd, and usually had Raine in my party at least because of healing. for the others it depended on who/what I was fighting.

Lloyd as my controlled character

Raine for healing abilities

Genis for his uber magic spells (although I used Collette for the big skeleton demon dude due to her spells being super effective)

Kratos because he can cast some pretty cool spells but is also good close up

Too bad we lost all the info from the CE tread ;_; Its been such a long journey.

Anyway, playing ToS for the 13th time now, I always use:

Lloyd, Sheena, Raine, Genis.

But it doesnt matter really cause Lloyd owns most of the enemies anyway n_n, but I prefer these guys in my party.

Actually, I find other characters difficult to use, like, well magic users are abit boring to play as, cause its simple press one button and wait.

Collette I can't fight with, shes so annoying to use.

Kratos and Zelos are cool, specially since they can do a 6 hit combo and have a wide variety of level 1 and 2 spells.

I like to play as Regal cause he has cool attacks but still hard to control, specially if yer used to Lloyd.

Presea is good, but abit slow.

I did beat all the stadium challenges with all characters though.

I'm trying to get a complete item list now and saving up ExGem Max's for everyone n_n

--Ray

PS: Ask me anything about the game, I'd love to help out

I started on my second playthrough after finishing my first. I played for one hour and then stopped. Haven't played since then. Maybe I'll have to continue it someday.

Haha, thats like me but on my thrid play through, can't remember how far I got, possibly making the pact with Undine, don't think I played much after that though

I did the same thing, played it through once, started again immediately, and got as far as releasing the first seal (in Triet). But then I picked it up again last Saturday, and finished it for the second time this Saturday, and started it for the third time. I love this game. :grin:

*feels left out having only completed the game once*

:unsure: me too. I got it at Christmas and have completed it once. Its very (very) good but there wasnt a giant amount of things to do apart from save the world!

Yeh i've only played through it once but when i completed it i traded it in, might pick up another copy though just to play through it again. Like most people already said my ideal 'team' is Lloyd, Raine, Genis and Kratos/Zelos.

:unsure: me too. I got it at Christmas and have completed it once. Its very (very) good but there wasnt a giant amount of things to do apart from save the world!

Actually there was n_n. Did you do the book sidequest? Thats really cool. (but hard 0_0)

Also the colluseum can keep you busy for a whiel and some other stuff I cant come up with now.

To get 100% items in yer list you need to finish the game at least 3 times n_n

Aww I loves it. *goes play Prime 2 instead*

Actually theres something that had me stumped, near the beginning someone gives you a letter and I never got it delivered! I thought I was thorough in my going to each town, going from house to house and talking to everyone... but obviously not because I never spoke to anyone (was it an Alfred?) that took the letter from me.

Actually theres something that had me stumped, near the beginning someone gives you a letter and I never got it delivered! I thought I was thorough in my going to each town, going from house to house and talking to everyone... but obviously not because I never spoke to anyone (was it an Alfred?) that took the letter from me.

Here is what you do:

*****(tiny) spolier*****

At a certain time in the game, you get to rebuild the ruined city of Luin. You are supposed to pay Pietro (the guy you saved earlier on) about 20 times. And there are specific amaounts that need to be paid. ( dont know them by heart but I can look into that for you) Paying too much wont be deducted from the next payment and paying too little is no good either.

Next; when the city is rebuild, you must go to the new docks and you will find the guy yer looking for and you deliver the letter. Next follows an event just pay close attention and you'll know what to do. It reults in getting the best headgear in the game and you get Lloyds pirate costume and title "Argh me hearties" And some other stuff n_n

*****end tiny spoiler*****

Hope that helps

--Ray

BTW: there is a "bug" in the game that makes it very easy to get cash fast. In the Earth seal dungeon there is a dragon, beating it will give you 10.000 gald. Now equip the item that gives you double cash, or Sheena's weapon to get even more cash out of it n_n. Though not really a bug, they got rid of it in the PS2 version of ToS n_n.

Ah, that makes sense. I never did rebuild Luin. I spose there were things I missed then! Thanks for the info. Ill go back and continue into a second quest some day!

Ah, that makes sense. I never did rebuild Luin. I spose there were things I missed then! Thanks for the info. Ill go back and continue into a second quest some day!

n_n very welcome my friend. And well you did miss a couple of things yes, but its not vital to beating the game. You can get each chracters second best weapon here too. They cost alot but they are worth it. n_n of course you wont use em once ya have the best ones.

Good luck n_n

Actually there was n_n. Did you do the book sidequest? Thats really cool. (but hard 0_0)

F****** RED FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Now that thats over, damn this game is fun. So glad i bought it :grin:

Hey just out of interest, who was everyones favourite boss battle. Mine would be

Abyssion from the cursed wepons quest, he was hard.

I use Lloyd, Genis, Sheena and Kratos/Zelos in my party.

F****** RED FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Now that thats over, damn this game is fun. So glad i bought it :grin:

Hey just out of interest, who was everyones favourite boss battle. Mine would be

Abyssion from the cursed wepons quest, he was hard.

I use Lloyd, Genis, Sheena and Kratos/Zelos in my party.

Awww yeah those were silly n_n but I was around level 100 when I did them the second time so no problems...and you may want to have yer you know what weapons when you go in n_n.

My fav boss would be uhm... The team from the other Tales of... game you fight in the colliseum n_n

My favourite boss would be the same as diddy

I really liked his fight because it was a challenge and it had one of my favourite songs of the game in it.

I don't now if it's the right section and if it's news but Gamefront.de reports that Namco patented the title "Tales of the Voice" in Japan but there hasn't been an official announcement for the game yet.

My favourite boss would be the same as diddy

I really liked his fight because it was a challenge and it had one of my favourite songs of the game in it.

LOL, i think its the same music when you fight Sheena