NEurope
Stocka

Tales of Symphonia Official Thread

We can only hope that eventually team symphonia themselves will make a real sequel to ToS, and DotNW will no longer be considered cannon.

We can only hope that eventually team symphonia themselves will make a real sequel to ToS, and DotNW will no longer be considered cannon.
Won't happen :P

Plus, a sequel wouldn't be as epic as the original game, which is the same reason when they wanted to do a Tales of Phantasia sequel... they made Tales of Symphonia as a prequel; because a sequel would always be a spin-off of sorts.

Collette x Lloyd I'm sure is what Team Symphonia had in mind, but as they knew setting a concrete one might cause distaste for the game, they gave the other girls a chance.

Won't happen :P

Plus, a sequel wouldn't be as epic as the original game, which is the same reason when they wanted to do a Tales of Phantasia sequel... they made Tales of Symphonia as a prequel; because a sequel would always be a spin-off of sorts.

I know it wont. My post wasn't serious.

As we thought, the ToS OVA series is going to get a 'Final' series after Tethe'alla, it just got greenlight!

Second OVA for Tethe'alla should hopefully be out soon!

As we thought, the ToS OVA series is going to get a 'Final' series after Tethe'alla, it just got greenlight!

Second OVA for Tethe'alla should hopefully be out soon!

My god this couldn't get any better... any word on dates?

The only downside to these OVA's is they take so bloody long to release.... just release all eps all togetehr damnit :heh:

Nothing for the final series, just September and then Winter for Tethe'alla OVA series. My hopes is that the wait for the Final series will be much shorter than Tethe'allas, since it got greenlight much quicker. I'm personally hoping for a release in late 2011.

I've still yet to watch the first Tethe'alla one. I keep forgetting about it which is a really bad thing to say given how much I loved the first 4 and the games.

Hmm wasn't someone supposed to be making an updated set of banners or something?

I'm really enjoying the Tales of Symphonia OVA episodes. Different enough to the games to seem fresh while remaining faithful. What I'm not digging are these insane waits between episodes. The quality justifies the wait, however. Lovely animation and music.

Anyone see episode 2 and 3, subbed, yet for the 2nd season?

I lost track and forgot, can't seem to find them?

Epic Cheers Falcon,

just finished watching both, both awesome. Ep 3 has a couple of epic fight scenes too and ends on a bloody great cliff hanger.

A lot of differences coming through from the game now but it doesn't seem to be too major. Just things happening in different places or sooner than would be expected maybe. BUt in the context that this is a different medium of story telling it works just fine.

One odd thing I thought though was when dealing with the Regal/Alicia thing, they made Alicia look so young compared to Regal.... just seemed a bit "dodgey" :heh:

I only got to watch the 2nd Episode, will watch the 3rd one tomorrow.

Also, I think the omakes weren't posted here yet:

Tethe'alla ~ Episode 2

Funny stuff. "If I were a woman, I'd fall for him!" :laughing:

And one thing I'd like to know: anybody know where I can download the Opening and Ending songs?

With all this potential Tales hype Bamco have graced us with I decided to catch up with the OVA's, knowing the final part is but under a month away I really look forward to episode 4, nice place to leave a cliffhanger, just what I expected at that point. I lent my Tales of Symphonia to a friend, hoping he'll become a Tales convert too. ;P

I started my second playthrough after my first. I took an hour and then stop. Not played since...

I just finished watching ep 4 of the Tethe'alla arc, enjoyed it.

Great fight scenes between Kratos and Yuan, though wished it could have lasted longer, haha.

Looking like they are gonna have Zelos be a bad guy, which I hope they do. Should be an epic fight between him and Lloyd plus it'll mean they don't go down the road of pairing up Zelos and Sheena.

Nice moment near the end too hinting more of Sheena liking/loving Lloyd :heart:

God only knows how long we're gonna have to wait now for the 1st ep of the 3rd and final arc... what are the gonna call it? "Tales of Symphonia: The Reunification Arc" maybe?

God only knows how long we're gonna have to wait now for the 1st ep of the 3rd and final arc... what are the gonna call it? "Tales of Symphonia: The Reunification Arc" maybe?

Close. I think it's "World Reunification Arc".

This last episode kinda paled in comparison with the other Tethe'alla episodes, but it's still good.

I do dislike that they turned "Pronyma grabs pendant, Colette suddenly freaks out" into "Lloyd and Colette are imprisoned by Rodyle's robotic arms that vewy cawefully reach for the pendant as Lloyd is dramatically forced to watch, causing both him and Colette to go Super Sayan power up and outshine the rest of the cast"

It was just so...forced and utterly ridiculous.

Still looking forward to the last arc, though. Maybe they'll actually do something good with Genis' character for a change.

Whats this worth second hand?

My brother gave me his copy yesterday that he found while sorting out his DVDs.

Since it's considered a rare game, maybe try to auction it on e-bay for a pretty penny. Amazon will give you £7.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Have you a copy of your own or played your brothers to death already? If not, you could always play ToS cos its a very good* RPG. You could even play it with your brother! Come on losty, you know it makes sense. :heh:

*For some reason I didn't want to say great.

I assume you've already played the game yes?