NEurope
DiemetriX

What are you becoming?

Your'e going to continue CT to Uni! Are you mad!

Anywho i'm taking the same subjects as sam, except Btec Sport instead of History. My real passion is in writing, and games, so kinda hoping to go into games journalism/design.

Hehe, don't be silly!

Yeah, me and spirited are in the same Science and CT classes.:D

I'm currently studying Computer Games Development at uni, when I enrolled on the course I thought I'd probably end up as a coder. But I was told by one of the tutors that they'll support all areas, so I'm thinking of maybe going into character design. I've bought myself a sketch pad and I doodle. Only problem is, I'm not very good at drawing, I have great ideas and sometimes I just can't get them down.

Don't you need to be amazing at maths do do coding and shit?

The problem with going into videogames is you need to either be good at art (which is shite and a lot of its pointless) or maths (which is hard).

The problem with going into videogames is you need to either be good at art (which is shite and a lot of its pointless) or maths (which is hard).

Depends what type of programmer you want to be, mainly you need to be able to get your head around Vectors, Sets and working things out in the Nth term.

...art (which is shite and a lot of its pointless)...

Art rocks. I wouldn't be able to live without it.

:(

The games industry is massive, and pretty much any job you can think of can be found within it, whether it be journalism, marketing, PR, law etc. It's not all about development!

So far I've not eoncoutered anything to maths heavy, though at the minute we're doing basic crap.

What are you becoming?

ReZourcemon...Digivolve to...

....MetalReZourcemon.

I'm currently failing my Physics and Astrophysics degree, I have no idea what I want to do after uni. (I'm thinking of taking some different modules next year)

art (which is shite and a lot of its pointless)

What the hell. No understanding of it obviously.

And you don't need to be absolutely amazing at maths to be a coder, although of course it would help some what. If you just understand java and other OOP languages then you can easily adapt.

The games industry is massive, and pretty much any job you can think of can be found within it, whether it be journalism, marketing, PR, law etc. It's not all about development!

I meant actual development.

What the hell. No understanding of it obviously.

What I meant was as a subject, and a lot of the things are pointless if you're doing the subject for other reasons. If you just wanna draw awesome pictures instead of doing random things then it's stupid. Art as a subject is about doing what others want, rather than what you want, which isn't what art is about.

Precisely. That's why I got a U in GCSE art. They said "paint fruit" and I drew a picture of Michael Winner accepting an award for being a winner.

Which according to my rabbit faced teacher wasn't art.

What I meant was as a subject, and a lot of the things are pointless if you're doing the subject for other reasons. If you just wanna draw awesome pictures instead of doing random things then it's stupid. Art as a subject is about doing what others want, rather than what you want, which isn't what art is about.

Of course, that's bullshit. I'm doing A level Art at the moment, and 2 out of 3 projects/ pieces of coursework, I've determined what I want to do, and I've gone ahead and developed myself. The third was of course the exam, which I'm still doing, but I got to choose it myself out of a selection of questions. You've obviously never done art.

Precisely. That's why I got a U in GCSE art. They said "paint fruit" and I drew a picture of Michael Winner accepting an award for being a winner.

Which according to my rabbit faced teacher wasn't art.

Shit, how did you manage to get a U?...I worked for like the last month and got an A* o_0

I'm currently studying Chemistry, Maths, Physics and geography at AS-level, and want to go on to Uni to do something to do with fuels, game design, game programming, or astrophysics.

The most likely would be game design, but I can't draw anything more than stickmen. Meh.

Of course, that's bullshit. I'm doing A level Art at the moment, and 2 out of 3 projects/ pieces of coursework, I've determined what I want to do, and I've gone ahead and developed myself. The third was of course the exam, which I'm still doing, but I got to choose it myself out of a selection of questions. You've obviously never done art.

I think the point he's making is that as an academic discipline is a waste of time. And he's right.

It's not at all. For that matter I could argue that as an "academic fucking discipline," geography, history, all modern and classical languages, and English are a waste of time (of course, there's no point in doing things like Maths and Physics at all unless it's academically). You clearly talk out your ass. Especially for someone who probably doesn't do A level art. Arsehole.

Art is pointless and shite. Shapes on paper. get over it.

Art is pointless and shite. Shapes on paper. get over it.

There are few times when a man says something that makes me blank out in furious anger. I suppose it's a natural reaction to prevent me from hurting someone/ myself. This was one such time. If there was anything you could have done to prove your stupidity beyond your posts in the "Creationism VS Evolution" thread, this was it. Shapes on paper. All I want to do is find you and beat you into a bloody pulp until you are no more. I shit you not. I think I'm going to bust a nerve if I'm forced to endure you for much longer...You're on a gaming forum and you're saying that Art is pointless. Even the most basic of games, even pong...fuck me, why am I even trying to explain this to such a simpleton. Truly. Beyond. Words.

There are few times when a man says something that makes me blank out in furious anger. I suppose it's a natural reaction to prevent me from hurting someone/ myself. This was one such time. If there was anything you could have done to prove your stupidity beyond your posts in the "Creationism VS Evolution" thread, this was it. Shapes on paper. All I want to do is find you and beat you into a bloody pulp until you are no more. I shit you not. I think I'm going to bust a nerve if I'm forced to endure you for much longer...You're on a gaming forum and you're saying that Art is pointless. Even the most basic of games, even pong...fuck me, why am I even trying to explain this to such a simpleton. Truly. Beyond. Words.

Weights once a week, 2 years exprerience of judo... I'd do the beating against a schoolkid, thank you.

Weights once a week, 2 years exprerience of judo... I'd do the beating against a schoolkid, thank you.

All the martial arts and weight lifting is the world can not match the killing power of a

GUN!

(always wanted to say that)

Looks like The Bard took the bait (again).

aaaaahhhbe3.jpg

Right. Of course theres the fact that I've been doing shoto since I was 11, and the fact that I'm kinda built like a bear, but nevermind, I'm sure some pansy white boy has to pull out the shit sometime or another.

Being a maths and science person, I've always seen art as a subject for the less academic crowd, seeing as art is more about talent and enthusiasm than intelligence. I take no interest in it, yet people have a passion for the subject, just like people have a passion for music and drama, and people who don't have a passion for it never really understand how these people feel. That's what really separates the "arts" from everything else.

aaaaahhhbe3.jpg

Right. Of course theres the fact that I've been doing shoto since I was 11, and the fact that I'm kinda built like a bear, but nevermind, I'm sure some pansy white boy has to pull out the shit sometime or another.

Is that you? And are you being racist? I will deal with you easily, sunshine

Right, of course, I'd like to stay here and make idle threats, but I have better things on my mind. Hows about you piss off and go masturbate some more.