NEurope
DiemetriX

What are you becoming?

My goal in life is to eventually die.

In 10 minutes your goal will the achieved.

*Picks up axe*

I finished my degree in Computer Science last July, after being unemployed for 5 months I got a job on an I.T helpdesk. Although its a great company to work for I know its not something I want to do long term. At the moment I am trying to save up some money to go traveling.

I finished my degree in Computer Science last July, after being unemployed for 5 months I got a job on an I.T helpdesk. Although its a great company to work for I know its not something I want to do long term. At the moment I am trying to save up some money to go traveling.

What grade did you get in Computer Science. And also I could send you some stuff through as if you have quite good programming skills why not create a demo disc and apply for a gameplay programmers job.

Well did my A levels, bummed around for 2 years at WHSmith, got offered a management job after doing a fast track program, decided it wasn't for me, so decided to go to Uni, and train to become a teacher! So currently doing an English Degree now and then doing my PGCE next year to finish stuff off then plan to do a bit of travelling, teaching along the way...

What grade did you get in Computer Science. And also I could send you some stuff through as if you have quite good programming skills why not create a demo disc and apply for a gameplay programmers job.

I got a 2:2 but I hate programming and would rather work in McDonalds then be a computer programmer. But thanks for the offer, basicaly I did the wrong degree and didnt realise until it was to late.

Don't know where my life is heading and panicking like mad because i'm behind in alot of 'life' stuff.

Not very happy.

i don't know where my life my lead me, its scary but exciting. hopefully i'll finish my degree, get a good job, work my way up and spend 30 years prior to retirement doing what i will then know i love.

Currently I am doing my AS-Levels, studying Maths, Computing, History and Politics. Fortunately, I pretty much know exactly what I want to do. I will drop Maths at A2, as it’s not really that interesting, and requires me to really grind my brain to understand it. I will then do my A2, after which I then plan to go to take a gap year in Japan, teaching English to little kids (which is a job I would love to do, but as a guy these opportunities seem limited, well in this country anyway). I then plan to go to university to probably study Japanese, but my love of History has me leaning to a possible dual degree of History and Japanese. I then plan to get the hell out of this stinking country (England) which I believe is going right down the plughole at the moment, and relocate to Japan, where hopefully I can become a teacher, failing that, some kind of English consultant for a company.

Currently taking my A levels (in first year at moment) and doing Psychology, ICT, Law, and Philosophy & Ethics. I plan to drop Law at the end of the year and focus on the other three. Then I want to go to university, not completely sure where or what yet, but i've been considering things like Philosophy, Tourism, Japanese, and Cultural Studies. Can't set my mind on anything just yet though.

One thing is for sure though, I aim to travel, that is probably my main ambition for now, and i'll see where that takes me. I'll probably then end up living in a different country hopefully.

Tourism. Pffff. You should definitely do Japanese with me. :)

Im doing Japanese at Uni, I'm in my first year, and when I am finished I want to go to Japan and do a degree in game design...or something along those lines!

Wow, I would love to pick your brain so to speak on the subject of Japanese at university. Which university do you go to? I'm currently looking at Sheffield, Manchester, or Leeds. Crummy Edinburugh and SOAS require a language at AS :(

I am becoming Daily Mail columnist.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I got a 2:2 but I hate programming and would rather work in McDonalds then be a computer programmer. But thanks for the offer, basicaly I did the wrong degree and didnt realise until it was to late.

I guess it depends on what you like - you see I hate "normal" programming, but love graphics programming slightly more maths but more straight forward in my opinion.

But its ok, I know people who have picked the wrong degree and have managed to get good jobs - don't let it discourage you.

I guess it depends on what you like - you see I hate "normal" programming, but love graphics programming slightly more maths but more straight forward in my opinion.

But its ok, I know people who have picked the wrong degree and have managed to get good jobs - don't let it discourage you.

Just bit the bullet and ordered the books to do an MCSE actualy.

Just bit the bullet and ordered the books to do an MCSE actualy.

I feel a fool to ask this but what is a MCSE?

I'm currently studying a Creative Writing BA in Carlisle. I honestly have no idea where I'm going with this, just trying to find my niche I guess. I'll probably end up in China teaching kids English, or buy a small flat in Cumbria and slowly go mad. Either suits me dandy.

Well, I'm doing English and Creative Writing at Hull. Hopefully I'll get a 2:1 or a first and apply to a Masters course in Creative Writing, possibly bac home in Sheffield. Then marry a rich heiress and use her fortune to finance a period of writing a great novel and watching neighbors.

I find this uncanny.

I'm in my first year at Uni studying mechanical engineering. I'm still not quite sure whether I'll stick with it, there are some subjects I like but quite a few I dislike as well.

There will always be subjects you dislike in whatever course you chose.

Hmmm, I don't have a clue what I'm gonna do once my contract at work runs through... don't have any idea what i want to do, or even what I think I might like doing...

Kinda just take it as it comes, doesn't really bother me!

Oh, I'd like to train chimpanzees in various martial arts styles, so that I have a mini army of Martial Art chimps at my command... then I'll take over the world!

I am a statistician and I really quite enjoy it.

I play with numbers all day and there's normally a bit of a programming challenge thrown in for good measure. I like my colleagues and the work is varied.

I don't care for more responsibility or power, I just want to continue to get raises and live comfortably.

I find this uncanny.

Once again, I remain convinced you are my brain twin. Cept you probably don't have a piece of yours missing...

I feel a fool to ask this but what is a MCSE?

Microsft Certified Systems Engineer. Installing and running servers and networks and shit basically.

Microsft Certified Systems Engineer. Installing and running servers and networks and shit basically.

Actually you can make a fair bit out of that if you play your cards right. You could work in schools maintaining their networks,etc.

I'm happy for you really I am - just 2 more years to do.

Plan to study maths at uni. Dunno what job I'll get, my options are open... video game designer?

Wow, I would love to pick your brain so to speak on the subject of Japanese at university. Which university do you go to? I'm currently looking at Sheffield, Manchester, or Leeds. Crummy Edinburugh and SOAS require a language at AS :(

I looked at Manchester but they didnt do what I wanted.

When I asked a woman who was at this convention I went to I asked about taking Japanese with another subject and she told me that people looking to offer you a job will look at your qualifications and say, he's done half and half of this and this guys done more of this, so lets hire this guy whos done more.

Which kinda put me off learning Japanese at college. Plus this college doesnt do Japanese and another I looked at did it as a Joint course.

Its really quite annoying.

Zell why dont you take a games design course? I am, and I will make it fun for myself.

Plan to study maths at uni. Dunno what job I'll get, my options are open... video game designer?

affraid you need art to be a videogame designer

Perhaps... but I honestly don't know what I want to do, so taking just maths is the logical choice. I can always go into game design from doing a maths course anyway.