NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DiemetriX

No third party games online until 2008

I've already given examples of when official box art has been different to what appears on shelves. There's even been differences between official boxart and the final packaging after the game has been released. If you're going to live by a mantra that once it's a month from release there is no way that there will ever be any differences between the mock-up on the website and the physical box, you'll end up tripping up sooner or later.

I've already given examples of when official box art has been different to what appears on shelves. There's even been differences between official boxart and the final packaging after the game has been released. If you're going to live by a mantra that once it's a month from release there is no way that there will ever be any differences between the mock-up on the website and the physical box, you'll end up tripping up sooner or later.

However the games are being printed. But the thing is with pokemon Trozei, that was Noe stupid pr department at work.

They don't just print out the picture from the website and stick it on the box you know. And everytime someone changes something on the cover they don't immediately call the web designers on the bat phone and get them to go through every single mock-up on their website and change it, only to change it back again the next day.

However the games are being printed. But the thing is with pokemon Trozei, that was Noe stupid pr department at work.

Red Steel was 480p ONLY up till launch day. And that was the in-store boxes.

Ubisoft are useless at boxes.

One thing:

For ESRB ratings, don't things have to have exactly the same content to be submitted as the same game?

Blazing Angels for Wii and PS3 are the same according to ESRB, with a seperate entry for the X-Box, 360 and PC Versions. On the other hand, Tomb Raider Legend on the GameCube, for example, is included in the same entry as all the other console versions, even though it was released much later.

I think we are missing the point of this thread no 3rd parties game online before 2008.

As long as nintendo release some QUALITY online games this year i am happy. When is crystal chronicles out? isnt that online enabled?

I think we are missing the point of this thread no 3rd parties game online before 2008.

The thread is about a throwaway comment from a developer who is more concerened about the Virtual Console than the Wii itself, and is also speculation (the guy himself even said it was a guess).

Anyway seen as Reggie said at DICE they just started sending online dev kits out to developers.

Oh and Crystaal Chronicles is rumoured to be coming out Q2 2008

Anyway seen as Reggie said at DICE they just started sending online dev kits out to developers.
Exactly. That means online games are still doable this year providing the game has some structure for it already (which smart developers would have implemented).

Anyway, I think Nintendo's online offerings with BWii and likely Metroid Prime 3 are enough for most of the year.

I'm not entirely sure if that's irony or not...

Haha, it was meant to be irony/sarcasm, but I suck at it. There is nothing 'cool' about wearing a headset, and it ranks about number 3 on my list of uncool things, right below Footless tights and Arsenal fans.

Oh and Crystaal Chronicles is rumoured to be coming out Q2 2008

Source?

Also found this

Activision's newly acquired Demonware team recently spoke about online Wii plans. CEO Dylan Collins stated: "If you look at our track record, we've always been pretty much the first network guys on any platform coming out." And when pressed further about if Activision has online Wii plans, he simply said: "Yeah, I would say we do."

Source

Exactly. That means online games are still doable this year providing the game has some structure for it already (which smart developers would have implemented).

Anyway, I think Nintendo's online offerings with BWii and likely Metroid Prime 3 are enough for most of the year.

Metroid Prime 3? Reggie in an interview at DICE - he said "online maybe perfect for you" which kinda makes it seem as though they don't want to include it into that game. And do we actually know if their will be dedicated servers or each console hosts a game?? They can't put some structure in if they don't have all the online tools.

Haha, it was meant to be irony/sarcasm, but I suck at it. There is nothing 'cool' about wearing a headset, and it ranks about number 3 on my list of uncool things, right below Footless tights and Arsenal fans.

What speaking in online game is good though? If you didn't have that you can effectively remove all games which have multiple coop online in then.

Metroid Prime 3? Reggie in an interview at DICE - he said "online maybe perfect for you" which kinda makes it seem as though they don't want to include it into that game.

You quote Reggie too much

If Metroid Prime 3 is released in Winter 2007 like everyone suspects I refuse to believe that Retro Studios have spent 3 years (Prime 2: Winter 2004) just making the Single Player.

It's obvious the game is gonna have online, and for the people who don't want it, don't play it for gods sakes, I'm sure the Single Player will hold up well on it's own.

Yea same,they've spent far to long making it to not include online.Online would be a great edition.

Dumdi dum, Sega has announced Pachinko collection for Wii, and it has support for both Wi-Fi and Miis. Coming out 24th of May, 2007.

img10074088126.jpg

screen_4_01.jpg

Two stupid rumours squashed with single stone.

SOURCE

Ah so it is out this year,I was gonna mention that in my above post but I wasn't sure if it was out this year or not.

Ah so it is out this year,I was gonna mention that in my above post but I wasn't sure if it was out this year or not.

Release date is written on fact sheet that is on the bottom of page:

発売日 2007年5月24日

Well whens that coming over here never, if we talk about NA and PAL territories best option is late winter 2007 and worst option is Q1 2008

Well whens that coming over here never, if we talk about NA and PAL territories best option is late winter 2007 and worst option is Q1 2008

Believe me, it is never going to be out here. :p

:D Pachinko is probably the worst possible 3rd party game to go online...

Anyway, it kind of disproves the SNK guy's statement/opinion. Which is no wonder, since they don't make online games.

Believe me, it is never going to be out here. :p

Exactly so the game is irrelevant for us here- the first game probably for us europeans is brawl

Exactly so the game is irrelevant for us here- the first game probably for us europeans is brawl

So now we're not getting BWii, Mario Strikers or Pokemon?

edit: I'm sure Nintendo didn't plan for the first Online DS game in Europe to be Third Party...

Wasn't it said that Pokemon would be first to go online,by Reggie a while ago?

I would think BWii would be out before Brawl

Yes but pokemon will be released after diamond and pearl, Bwii I suspect December. Brawl I hope to be out early december.

Sign in to follow this