NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
darksnowman

A Memory Card Question

Afternoon all, I've a question regarding copying stuff on the 'Cube memory cards:

Last night I played Pokemon Gale o' Darkness for an hour, its been yonks since I played it and it took me ages to find which memory card I have it saved on. Typically it was the last one I checked - a Game branded one. Its on that because at the time of getting the game I had to do a lot of juggling other saves between my other memory cards to find the space to make a Pokemon XD save file.

Anyway, since then, I've bought another memory card (its a third party one too - Gamester I think. Its purple and has a lot of space in it.) So naturally I wanted to copy the save of Pokemon XD over to it to have a back up as I've had problems with the Game memory card in the past. All of this was taking place through the Wii, and the bit of bother I had was that it wouldnt allow me to copy the file to the memory card in the other slot. I tried it with the other smaller file on the card and it would have worked fine if I had allowed it.

Anyone know whats up? Would it work ok if I tried it on the 'Cube instead of the Wii? And yes, there is enough free memory on the card I want to copy it to.

Thanks for your replies! :smile:

Disclaimer: I know there are a few memory card related threads on the first page here, but I thought that this query might get more recognition in a thread of its own. The other thing is that although its to do with the GameCube, it involves the Wii as well so maybe it would be better in the Wii section? Bah, do as you see fit Moddies!

..well, I don't have the game.. and I haven't tried copying data for GC memory cards using the Wii..

..however, it may be that this game doesn't allow you to duplicate the save file onto another card (F-Zero GX for example wouldn't allow it)

..but hopefully someone else will be able to help out, I'm just guessing : peace:

Urgh aye, I never thought of the F-Zero situation. Its likely some scam so that you cant double your Pokemon or something. I hope its not, and that someone else can shed a little light...? ::shrug:

Pokémon & F-Zero don't let you copy data...

I REALLY don't get why they don't let you 'Move' it though :indeed::(

I got tired of not being able to backup or move saves that were locked, so I found a way around the problem, but with a catch.

You need either:

(A) An SD Card+adapter, an Action replay disc, and SDLoad. (Google: sdload)

or:

(B) A modded gamecube that can run a custom built disk. (Google: cubeboot tools)

or:

© A gamecube mod that you can load homebrew dol files with. (Google: mod that cube)

or some combination of the above, plus unlock10.dol. I use a modded gamecube, a built disk of SDLoad, and an SD Card+adapter.

If you can do the above, the unlocker can be found in the forums at gcdev or tehskeen.

-- Acru

I got tired of not being able to backup or move saves that were locked, so I found a way around the problem, but with a catch.

You need either:

(A) An SD Card+adapter, an Action replay disc, and SDLoad. (Google: sdload)

or:

(B) A modded gamecube that can run a custom built disk. (Google: cubeboot tools)

or:

© A gamecube mod that you can load homebrew dol files with. (Google: mod that cube)

or some combination of the above, plus unlock10.dol. I use a modded gamecube, a built disk of SDLoad, and an SD Card+adapter.

If you can do the above, the unlocker can be found in the forums at gcdev or tehskeen.

-- Acru

You are - no doubt in my mind - the sickest person in the world for just figuring that out. A modded cube? haven't heard of it in years - I knew it existed, but I think not even twnety persons have such a thing in the world... And locked saves? I don't see it here, actually, what the hell is a locked save? God. there's so much I don't know, but frankly, I do'nt really care.

You are - no doubt in my mind - the sickest person in the world for just figuring that out.

I don't know how to take that comment, as good or bad, heh. :hmm:

As far I and others are concerned, savegames are owned by the end user.

The GameCube and F-Zero GX manuals don’t have any special license clauses regarding the save game data.

Sign in to follow this