NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

I got asked to update the game to v 1.01 tonight...(PS3 version)

AFTER A BIT OF GOOGLING:

Update: An update for the PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3, X360) is now available for download from the system's online PlayStation Network. Users will be prompted to obtain the patch when they start the game.

According to developer Rockstar, the update "prevents Gamespy's servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up."

Added the company: "We continue to monitor the performance of the game both on and offline and will provide further updates as necessary. We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experiences possible."

VIA SHACKNEWS.

NOTE:

After further reading this doesn't fix the crash bugs some have experienced.

Well I did the boat thing.

First time = awesome cheers guize.

And then the mission after I unlocked the third island - WHIN! The bank mission was fuuuuuuuun (Although failed twice, first time not enough body armor, second time car set on fire when at top speed, so couldnt stop in time. Third time I tried the car set on fire like 200 yards from Packies...I was like NOOOO but thankfully stopped in time. And Packie was on fire but survived.)

Well I did the boat thing.

First time = awesome cheers guize.

And then the mission after I unlocked the third island - WHIN! The bank mission was fuuuuuuuun (Although failed twice, first time not enough body armor, second time car set on fire when at top speed, so couldnt stop in time. Third time I tried the car set on fire like 200 yards from Packies...I was like NOOOO but thankfully stopped in time. And Packie was on fire but survived.)

If you hold Y, at high speed you'll dive out of the car. Also, AI characters which are story essential don't die.

If you hold Y, at high speed you'll dive out of the car. Also, AI characters which are story essential don't die.

Yeah I actually dived out of the car, it went speeding off and then the car exploded with Packie and co in (He did die, as thats why I failed the mission...It said "Packie is dead" PHAIL.)

I think they can die in missions, but not permanently. Packie died with me one the mission before that.

The one with the Mafia guys at the docks and you escape in the boat?

Mission failed - Packie died. Then a cutscene came about with the other guys in the car saying "what the hell are we gonna tell packies brothers," then I got the mission redo text and he was back and healthy.

I'm gonna give the 5 min six star achievement a wack tonight, as well as doing a few odd jobs for Roman and Little John. I also love the fact that you can ride bikes/cars into places like Burger Shot.

Just unlocked the 2nd Island yesterday, some parts of it remind me of GTA III. The bridge to the south that leads into the island reminds me a lot of III with the layout of it.

Algonquin is the best part of the city. I have the third Island but i've not had much motivation to actually go there yet.

Theres not much on the third island, its all urban-y... some nice houses though.

Anyone noticed how pedestrians aren't just walking around? They're going to different places. I followed this one guy, on a bike (because i wanted it) from the middle of the city, back home and then parked it in his garage next to his house. Then he got off the bike and then went in his house.

Three Leaf Clover.

Goddamn.

That kicked my ass over and over, but i loved every minute of it

Got the 'One Man Army' achievement, via the video on Inside Xbox today.

Loving this game so far, enjoying it a fair bit. :smile:

I did it first try with no body armor, was chuffed - very nearly died at the tube station but got to a medkit just as I got shot, would have killed me if I was a split second later :D

Also I have a save right before it, hell yes.

Epic mission.

I didn't like Three Leaf Clover, I know the whole wanted system is the most unrealistic part of the game, but that's ridiculous, you would have the whole country after you, you'd be near the top of America's Most Wanted.

Any good places to blow up ten cars in ten seconds? I tried Star Junction but it's hard to hit all the cars because the area is so flat.

How do you activate it? Ramon just keep calling me to meet him at the church at 10 AM. But what church?

Any good places to blow up ten cars in ten seconds? I tried Star Junction but it's hard to hit all the cars because the area is so flat.

How do you activate it? Ramon just keep calling me to meet him at the church at 10 AM. But what church?

If you go to Star Junction ( is that the place with aload of flashy buildings and a really long straight? ) there should be a bus. Steal that and drive it to the main bridge. Go into the lane with oncoming traffic and tilt the bus sideways to block the lane. Cars will smash into the side of it and just wait for loads to arrive. Climb on the bus and lob a few grenades for your achievement :)

If you go to Star Junction ( is that the place with aload of flashy buildings and a really long straight? ) there should be a bus. Steal that and drive it to the main bridge. Go into the lane with oncoming traffic and tilt the bus sideways to block the lane. Cars will smash into the side of it and just wait for loads to arrive. Climb on the bus and lob a few grenades for your achievement :)

To echo that

I just got it doing that method aswell. Killed myself in the process. Twice.

HoT: I just did it, but without the bus, thanks anyway.

Completed the game just now. 60 hours, 85% and 590 gamerpoints.

Gahhh just completed the game - 31 hours. So irritating, one hour off an achievement that I wasn't trying to get and I know i'll never bother with it again.

Gahhh just completed the game - 31 hours. So irritating, one hour off an achievement that I wasn't trying to get and I know i'll never bother with it again.

loser!!

ha ha.. im taking my sweet time with this game.. ill probably finish it around the 50 hours mark.. I always end up beeing chased by the cops or shoting at cars that run me down.. and the cops dont take kindly to that

So that achievement for finishing the game in 30 hours isn't just being in missions? Man that sucks ass! I've been doing so much random shit outside of the missions that i'm at 28 hours already.

So that achievement for finishing the game in 30 hours isn't just being in missions? Man that sucks ass! I've been doing so much random shit outside of the missions that i'm at 28 hours already.

Yup, afraid so. If you stick to the storyline the game is only 12-15 hours long though.

I'm gunna have to try and cram the last X amount of missions into 2 hours then. Jeeze... >_>

I'm gunna have to try and cram the last X amount of missions into 2 hours then. Jeeze... >_>

Or do what I'm doing and just enjoy the first play through with no pressures, once the first file is done a speedrun on a second file will be so easy. :heh: