NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

GTA has trounced the Halo 3 numbers, fyi.

thing is, halo is for fps and halo fans, GTA is for everyone who plays games. No single genre game can beat a game as popular, well made and multi diciplined as GTA.

Couldn't agree more, but you will find quite a few fans of GTA who most likely attended the midnight launch of the game. And i can't think of anything that can beat GTA in popularity.

thing is, halo is for fps and halo fans, GTA is for everyone who plays games. No single genre game can beat a game as popular, well made and multi diciplined as GTA.

True, GTA is a casual game.

that achivement for evading police with 6 stars i so much fun.. I almost got it yesterday.. and I do ot the hard way.. think I jumped into 5 different cars when they were shot to shreds.. and finally got wasted under som bridge.. I'll have a go again this evening

Lol, I cheated for that achievement by taking a boat tour around the whole city. Got 3/4's of the way round in the 5 minutes. Holding RT has never been so rewarding.

Lol, I cheated for that achievement by taking a boat tour around the whole city. Got 3/4's of the way round in the 5 minutes. Holding RT has never been so rewarding.

Huh whatsies?

Huh whatsies?

hop in a speed boat and head for part that you havent unlocked yet... soon as you got six stars for going near it just ride that boat around it till you get the achievement

I've been trying to play some multiplayer matches for about an hour now but I just get disconnected every damn minute...There was one 5 minute long deathmatch with 3 people that I got to play.:mad:

hop in a speed boat and head for part that you havent unlocked yet... soon as you got six stars for going near it just ride that boat around it till you get the achievement

Oh right...wont you get shot at?

Yeah but if you make sure you get a fast boat you can out run the cops realy easily

its how i got the achievement anyway

Oh right...wont you get shot at?

The boat I used at least was faster than the choppers and police boats. Only time I got shot at was when turning round a corner of the island and dodging police boats that spawned in front of me, and even then I didn't get hit.

Ssshhweet. Where do I find a fast boat? I havnt ridden any boat whatsoever yet.

Dunno, I just went to some pier or other at the south of Algonquin and went in the first boat I found.

Alternativly, get a chopper from the south of the middle island and fly around the locked island.

really, really should have tried that achievememt before I unlocked the whole city.

oh well, I'll give it a shot once I unlock the RPG. Reckon I can fly to the top of a building, snipe and blow shit up to six stars and then fly away.

btw- is six stars army territory?

Haven't really seen an army yet. All i've seen are N.O.O.S.E I think their the armies replacement or somthing. It would be pretty wierd to see a tank rolling down the street in this game anyway

really, really should have tried that achievememt before I unlocked the whole city.

oh well, I'll give it a shot once I unlock the RPG. Reckon I can fly to the top of a building, snipe and blow shit up to six stars and then fly away.

btw- is six stars army territory?

I found a cool way to get six stars and survive. Go to the Chuckin Bell on the Triangle, not far from the Star Junction. Position yourself against the wall so you can see the door. It's the only entrance and it's very difficult for the police to hit you and the helicopter won't reach you at all. You can shoot bazookas out in the street. I managed to blow up five-six police vehicles on one shot. You can also shoot at the door and cover the entrance with fire and see them burn to death as they try to storm the building. I don't how it happened, but when I ran outside to see if I could run away from the police, I saw a destroyed military helicopter on the ground :P

. .

Haven't really seen an army yet. All i've seen are N.O.O.S.E I think their the armies replacement or somthing. It would be pretty wierd to see a tank rolling down the street in this game anyway

True. I was just hoping that the old school absurdist touch might make a return- not to mention the hilarity that would ensue from tanks + physics.

What's the escalation then? I've seen N.O.O.S.E guys with M16s so far who are pretty tough, but they're far from the six star megadeath extravaganza of Vice City where you had cops, swat, FBI guys with ak 47s, crocket and tubbs with shotguns aaaand the army after you.

GTA IV has sold 6 million copies in one week. Jesus. H. Fucking. Christ.

GTA IV has sold 6 million copies in one week. Jesus. H. Fucking. Christ.

son of a BITCH....

Rockstar must be rolling in it.

I guess no one checked the previous page then? :(

I did but i have just had my tea and now have the fuel to post a reply.

I guess no one checked the previous page then? :(

I'm not getting the game until next month so I'm avoiding reading too much information (though I borrowed San Andreas off a friend since I've only played that once). Plus it came through on a Gamespress email and I just had a little OMG moment and decided to post, so credit goes to you, Adam. :heh: