NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

So to my question before, the only person i let die was the first guy who you can shoot of the roof. So am i gonna have to whip through the game again?

Was that Ivan who was hanging off the roof? If it was and you did kill him then yeah you will have to go through the game again.

Was that Ivan who was hanging off the roof? If it was and you did kill him then yeah you will have to go through the game again.

If thats true.. thats pretty shitty

Just completed the main story.

I decided to go for the money, rather than revenge. I think I made the right choice.

Roman is dead, but I've found out that the alternate thing is for Kate to die instead. And I didn't really like Roman anyway. Oh, and you get £250,000.

TOP 40 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS) - Week 18, 2008

01 (__) [360] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

02 (__) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)

03 (01) [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo)

04 (10) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)

05 (02) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)

The biggest All Formats No1 ever ‘Grand Theft Auto IV’ from Rockstar/Take 2 puts a stop to Nintendo’s ‘Wii Fit’ workout, replacing it at the top and outselling it by over 9 to 1.

Released across Xbox 360 and PS3, GTA IV almost breaks the 1m unit barrier in under a week, recording an estimated total market figure of 926,000 (£39.9m) over 5 days. 61.2% of the value of all software sold this week was for GTA IV, which itself is bigger than the total software market figure of every other week so far this year (apart from week 1). After releasing a revised estimated day 1 figure of 609,000 for GTA IV, Chart-Track can now reveal that the actual estimated total market figure based on full EpoS data from all retailers comes to 631,000 units. In under a week GTA IV has sold more units than every other title in 2007, except ‘FIFA 08’, ‘Brain Training’ and ‘Call of Duty 4’.

the amount of money you get off of Packie after doing the bank robbing mission is insane! i went from $35000 to $285000 and i was like NO WAI!

Your over halfway to getting an achievement then. :)

I found a cool way to get six stars and survive. Go to the Chuckin Bell on the Triangle, not far from the Star Junction. Position yourself against the wall so you can see the door. It's the only entrance and it's very difficult for the police to hit you and the helicopter won't reach you at all. You can shoot bazookas out in the street. I managed to blow up five-six police vehicles on one shot. You can also shoot at the door and cover the entrance with fire and see them burn to death as they try to storm the building. I don't how it happened, but when I ran outside to see if I could run away from the police, I saw a destroyed military helicopter on the ground :P

Well thats me done, full 100%. It was touch and go for a second there as I was missing some % but I managed to find out what I had missed.

It feels like I have been playing the game non stop for 4 days. I'm just gonna get 1 more achievement ( win 20 races in single player ) and thats all of the single player achievys obtained. The online sucks so I wont bother with those ones, probably trade it in come Friday.

Wow, how much have you played? And I thought mine 55 hours were a lot. I won't bother with some of the single player achievements like killing all the birds, random characters(unable), 100%, jumps, 20 street races and online. I will get everything else.

Wow, how much have you played? And I thought mine 55 hours were a lot. I won't bother with some of the single player achievements like killing all the birds, random characters(unable), 100%, jumps, 20 street races and online. I will get everything else.

I played 40 hours 55 mins. You have to remember though I used a guide to find all of the jumps, pigeons etc.

I can't be bothered looking at my time, but I think I'm done with the game (as in I don't really want to do anything else in it).

do you get everything for shooting all the birds besides the achievment?

God all these people who are done with the game. I'm only 11 hours in...having had a ton of work stuff to do and my planned marathon on may day in tatters as I to go to a local gala...anyone else in my boots?

I've just started Pakie's missions but I've lost interest in the game tbh.

Played a few hours tonight, and the story is finally unfolding in front of me and the true colors of some of the characters is finally coming through. Haven't found any of the packages as of yet, but am looking around for them.

I've just started Pakie's missions but I've lost interest in the game tbh.

They get great, really ramp up soon. Stick with it.

They get great, really ramp up soon. Stick with it.

Cool, that's good to know. I think I'll give it another blast on the weekend.

do you get everything for shooting all the birds besides the achievment?

You unlock the Anniliator chopper to use.

So I completed the bank robbery mission first time :indeed:

Was expecting it to be harder to escape the cops. Think I got really lucky though, even though Packie and Derrick kept running out into the open they never died and just absorbed the bullets for me.

From Kotaku....

The New York Times, who seem to have got hold of Take-Two's data a little earlier than the rest of us, are reporting that the publisher's going to announce some hard GTA IV sales figures later today. Those figures will reveal the game has already sold 6 million copies, with an astonishing 3.6 million of them going on the first day. This means the game's racked up sales of over $500 million in just one week. Hoo-boy. If the NYT are on the money, expect Take-Two to confirm this later today.

Thats just insane!

They where right to tell EA to piss off now they will be worth more, thing is i dont want EA to get there grubby hands on them because you just know most of the staff will leave if EA get them.

3.6 in one day is just crazy.. theres no other games that could pull that off.

I dont know... how many does Pokemon do on release days?

They where right to tell EA to piss off now they will be worth more, thing is i dont want EA to get there grubby hands on them because you just know most of the staff will leave if EA get them.

Didn't Halo 3 reach something like 2.8 million in just the US?

GTA has trounced the Halo 3 numbers, fyi.

thing is, halo is for fps and halo fans, GTA is for everyone who plays games. No single genre game can beat a game as popular, well made and multi diciplined as GTA.