NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

a place in Helston, if you've been there within the last year or so, you'll know the place. :heh:

Helston eh haha nice to see someone local on here. I've not actually been there ever but I live in Newquay which isn't far off. I've already paid for it from HMV so it's not worth the trip down there, had i'd known earlier though :p

Ok, free play on Live is outstanding. Seeing what Liberty City looks like from a Helicopter is breathtaking. Oh and the Helicopters are fucking awesome too.

Ok, free play on Live is outstanding. Seeing what Liberty City looks like from a Helicopter is breathtaking. Oh and the Helicopters are fucking awesome too.

Quoted For Truth! also have you tried pressing "Y" when the helicopter reaches peak altitude? I did and the result can only be described as "rofl". :heh:

So i've given this about an hour. Yeah it's cool. It'll probably be a lot more impressive online. I don't if it's a ten, graphically it's not perfect, but a lot of fun. More later.

Oh, and I didn't pre-order. Just to rub it in.

Xbox live is going to be rammed on Tuesday methinks.

Really? I would have thought people would be playing more single player...meaning this won't be as rammed as more multiplayer centric games like Halo 3...

I'll be playing the multiplayer but it'll be later in the evening with most of the day spent on the single player

Dear LEWIS SPELLER,

Your order is in the post, and should be with you soon. In case you need them, here are the details:

Qty Format Artist Title Price Estimated Delivery

1 HC XBOX 360 GAME GRAND THEFT AUTO 4: SPECIAL ED £59.99 1-2 days

1-2 day estimate? Could it be..?! :D

You guys havnt had any repercussions from going on LIVE blah blah?

What are the modes like?

Woah!

I ordered yesterday morning and-

'STATUS Packing: 27/04/2008

What does ‘Packing’ mean?

Payment for your order has been successfully processed.

Your order is now being prepared for dispatch.'

So get yourselves on play.com if you haven't preordered! Should get this tuesday if they post it early monday, which they should.

:)

I'm just going to walk into Woolworths at 9 in the morning on tuesday. Reckon I have much chance of getting it?

Well I went into my local one and they said they'd sold out of pre-orders.

But it could be different per store!

I got tons of games to be played and tv-series to be watched but right now I just can't be bothered. It's only 26 hours left...

Read this at Techrader(via Gonintendo); 11 signs you're no longer a hardcore gamer

You've pre-ordered GTA IV but don't mind if it doesn't turn up on launch day

Wednesday's just fine. Really. You're a bit busy at the moment, anyway. In fact, you probably won't get a chance to play GTA IV until the weekend. You're also not bothered by the prospect of downloading the DLC for GTA IV either. You'll never finish the main game anyway.

You guys havnt had any repercussions from going on LIVE blah blah?

What are the modes like?

You do know that they can't do anything to you for buying a game and playing it right?

You don't control when the shops sell it, there's thousands of people with the game already...

Caris is right.. if a shop sells it to you early then its down to the shop.. there the ones likely to get there ass kicked

True enough (although I dont want the shop getting into trouble)

Might pop on later/in a bit.

well mine has been dispatched.. please allow 1-4 weeks for delivery.. hmm.. if its not here by friday i have used gameplay for the first and last time.. even though it saved me 11 bob

Really? I would have thought people would be playing more single player...meaning this won't be as rammed as more multiplayer centric games like Halo 3...

Hmm well it won't be as mad as Halo no. I probably won't be playing multiplayer myself until the evening. Seems like that's the same with most people. To be honest I don't remember having any problems with Halo on launch. Was it a worldwide launch?

I've just got in to viva pinata to stave off the wait. I'd reccomend it. very thraputic for time killing.

A question for those with the game: how similar is the map to the one from GTA3? Any similar places/landmarks, or is it all changed?

Oh my god. Helicopters are amazing. As someone suggested I jumped out at highest point.

My god.

Operation get GTA IV early has been a spectacular failure for me. Been all over Glasgow looking for somewhere which will sell me it earlier to no avail. :(

A question for those with the game: how similar is the map to the one from GTA3? Any similar places/landmarks, or is it all changed?

as far as I know (not got it) it's a totally different map. Before it was a city 'inspired by' New York. this time it's a far more accurate parody of the city complete with the different buroughs and districts being more defined. There's also replica landmarks like times square and the brooklyn bridge.

I got tons of games to be played and tv-series to be watched but right now I just can't be bothered. It's only 26 hours left...

Read this at Techrader(via Gonintendo); 11 signs you're no longer a hardcore gamer

This crap list?

* You prefer playing against the computer

* You only play when your girlfriend is out

* You believe that winning isn't everything

* It's been days, not hours since you last switched on your console

* You're the oldest person trading in games at GameStation

* You like your Xbox 360 and your PS3 equally

* You fondly remember a 'golden age' of gaming

* You avoid playing on the Wii because it's too much effort

* Your FPS experience consists of spawn, run, die... spawn, run, die... spawn...

* You find the idea of videogames based on board games perfectly acceptable

* You've pre-ordered GTA IV but don't mind if it doesn't turn up on launch day