NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

No problem tapedeck ;).

I'm looking forward to going home in an hour, thats for sure.

Niiice. You're in for a treat. Get the popcorn in though..It's like MGS at points :D

Puts so many films to shame. Ive just played this constantly...I don't even know what my sparkling new PS3 does :shakehead

The multiplayer is bloody hilarious. Especially when no one knows where the hell they're driving. Highlight so far is being chased down a street, doing a 360 in the car accidentally backing into an alley :D

Hahah yeah I did that, and called the police to where I was.

Sick.

me too :)

if you're feeling dastardly, that's a free high speed car and shotgun ammo right there.

just playing online in free mode, its so fun.

So we having an NE night on GTA tonight?

Add me : FATROX

Tried out the multiplayer, not spectacular but there is something to be said for sending hapless rivals cartwheeling over the bonnet. Look, listen, live kids.

I think i'll be over with the EDGE forum myself. might pop by though.

Dr Oatker is me, if there's a big game brewing.

Anyone have ANY idea how you hail a cab in the PS3 version...I cannot find details of how to do it anywhere :(

on 360 it's on the LB button, assuming the controls are roughly the same that means L1 should work.

If yuo get it right, Niko yells out, you walk up to the cab and get in to the passenger seat instead of jacking it.

First time I did it, I was pissed off my tits and could barely see out of the window. Brilliant.

on 360 it's on the LB button, assuming the controls are roughly the same that means L1 should work.

If yuo get it right, Niko yells out, you walk up to the cab and get in to the passenger seat instead of jacking it.

First time I did it, I was pissed off my tits and could barely see out of the window. Brilliant.

Nope...none of the L buttons work for me...tried every button. Damn it!! :(

Honestly, I've tried everything and it's supposed to be L1 (from youtube of all places) and yet nothing. The cab IS free too so it's not that. Utterly annoying!!!

Anyway, some more insightful opinions than my last post.

The story is fairly good, but not fantastic and the voice acting is very varied. The city looks lovely - the slightly unrealism to the graphics is brilliantly done. Oh, and it was absolutely amazing when it started raining.

I'm glad they used the triggers for acceleration and breaking, and driving around is easier. One thing really bugs me. When you tip a car over it goes freaky and jumpy and slowly "fixes" itself back to the upright position. How did Rockstar miss that?

And the shooting is pretty decent, too. But I haven't encountered much of it yet. And another thing: the first few hours have the feeling of a tutorial level.

Hopefully the game will speed up soon.

I actually like how little I've used a gun so far. It makes the uses of it feel remarkable and more violent.

andf lets be honest, real gangsters don't actually shoot that many people because they just get caught. I'm getting in to the role a bit :)

hell, i even drive safely. Keep my head down, you know? fresh off the boat...

I do the opposite. I like driving on the side walk because people aren't as hard to push out the way.

Nope...none of the L buttons work for me...tried every button. Damn it!! :(

If you press L1 then Niko hails a cab if there's one nearby. To actually get in it you have to hold Triangle — if you don't keep the button pressed you'll attempt to jack the cab instead.

I hate the royal mail. The special edition was too big for the letterbox. I've now got a mission of getting into town when my old man gets home at 6, to get to the post office collection on a busy main road before 7. Can I make it? Is 'God' against me.. I sure hope not, its been unbearable having two friends talk about it all today because they got it a day early or at minute.

Edit -

WTF Also got an email from GAME, with Live points code and gamerpics code. I ordered with Gameplay (who I know are owned by game) but I thought they weren't running any promo.

The first time I did I was also pissed and with Michelle, instead of hailing the taxi he started yelling "yellow car". I was loling.

I've had quite a few laughs so far, some of the stuff on the radio is great.

If there's a game tonight I'm in; Rednikcam.

EDIT: Ha, my friend pre-ordered the game on 27th of April 2007. His game, from Amazon, did not come today. But it will come mid-June. Poor lad.

well i tracked down the post man at 11:15 and got it. I've been playing this for 7 hours or so and what i've seen is awesome. Although i had a brightness issue when first starting the game, It was much too dark, i fixed that though.

Haven't went on-line yet, i've mostly been doing the story missions. Brucie is the funniest character ever, absolutly nuts.

Best GTA i've played in a long time. I've only played an hour into the game and already got a girl, weapons and a bit of dosh. Also changed my clothes and done a few story missions. I'm still getting used to the car handling, very much different to that of San Andreas.

I also noticed that when you beat up someone, blood can be seen splattering from the person who is getting the beating. Very nice is all i can say to that.

Also, my work had a PS3 copy of the game and were selling it to anyone who wanted it, wish i had bought it would have made a tidy profit on e-bay.

Just got back from post office, mission complete. Now to have a quick whirl before I cook my dinner.

Over at kotaku there saying that tests are showing the ps3 version runs at 630p and the 360 at 720p. WTF !

Gonna be playing this all night tonight. I'm quite annoyed at today. Mp3 player and GTA comes and then the United match is on aswell...damnit.

Everyone...everyone on my list is playing it.