NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Wait just a few days, as soon as all the pre-orders are filled, GTAIV will be stacked on shelves in all their glorious post-first-week-sales abundance.

Why the fuck didn't I preorder this?

Stupid... Stupid...

Same here. I didn't because of exams. Now i'm kicking myself...:heh:

I'm surprised people are still gonna buy this even though they've got exams....its the only reason why I'm not buying it right now...my A levels are far too important to overlook. But in saying that, some people manage to do things in moderation and not get obsessed by things such as games as I do.

Just away to buy it right now. Got a pal at gamestation to hold me back a copy. Play it for awhile then head into college to get my script torn apart by some guy who's call to fame is he is in talks with writing for the new shameless season.

Huzzah!

I'm worried by the fact that I still can't track and trace my package... :/

I can't wait until we're the ones writing the trashy bullshit while our kids reverse over a prostitute again in a virtual holo-suite.

Hahaha. Inevitable. Also, I hope teh kids of tommorow can do better than virtual holo-suite in terms of controversial new mediums.

Same here. I didn't because of exams. Now i'm kicking myself...:heh:

Your boat. I'm in the same one.

Also, a series of unlucky unevents (i.e everything under the sun breaking and needing repair/replacement, bar my 360 strangely enough) has left me short of cash.

I will enjoy it more post exams. Saying this, if I have the cash in hand and the game is in stock somewhere in the immediate future, the game will be bought so hard and so fast.

For those who didn't pre-order the supermarkets don't take orders and have a considerable amount of stock. Most Tesco and Asda stores are doing a midnight launch, Sainsbury's will be 7am for most of the country. All 3 will have stock until 9am, maybe later.

Ooo if only Zavvi weren't giving me 6 months of Live free, I'd say bollocks to the five pound deposit and I'd be straight over to Asda around the corner to get this right now.

I think you misunderstand me.. i'm only buying it to put on my desk un-wrapped as a cheeky tease/motivator. And yeah don't get this if you're doing your A-levels (i bought windwaker when i was your age and didn't help things). Do you think the shelves will be filled again by Friday?

anyone else got problems connecting to live?

I just got home with my Special Edition GTA IV and the 500 live points + gamerpics thingy and 12 months of live, but I can't seem to get a stable connection to live =/

Could it be that GTA is more than Microsofts servers could handle? O.o

Probably, they've been predicting this for awhile. Half the universe is going to be trying to log in over the next 24hrs.

I just got back from Asda. No GTA for me. Turned up at 11:15 to find at least 150 people there, the guy said they wouldn't have any more left.

Going into town tomorrow morning to try and hunt for a copy. The hit list;

Tesco Metro

WH Smiths

Woolies

Argos

HMV

Game/Gamestation

Haha awesome. You know when your phone rings and you get that interference through your speakers. Thats what happens on GTA when your Cell rings :D

Haha awesome. You know when your phone rings and you get that interference through your speakers. Thats what happens on GTA when your Cell rings :D

Fo rizzle? That's an awesome touch :D

I noticed that in one of the reviews ... but i wasnt sure it was the game!

Got to gamestation at 11.30. Got the game at 12.10.

Excellent, the Gamestations actually in a Blockbuster so they handed out popcorn and drinks, the only bad points were the taxi I booked never showed up and i ran out of cigs.

Now to fire it up and dissapear off the radar for the next month or two.

Lol. Trying to get Rab from Consolevania to play a game of it with me.

Anyone with HMV preorders able to track their parcel?

Nope. Like I said, it won't say anything until you're holding it in your hands. They don't update very well on there. The countless times I've used it and it's just rubbish.

Processing: 28/04/2008

What does ‘Processing’ mean?

We are currently processing payment for your order, which should be completed within 24 hours.

Once payment is complete, we aim to dispatch orders within a further 24 hours.

If we experience problems processing payment we will contact you by email to help you to resolve the problems, if possible.

-play.com

I pre-ordered on saturday. Does this actually mean I'll get the game on wednesday/thursday, or have they just taken my money without having enough stock before I can cancel and buy it somewhere else?

Turns out my local Tesco only had six copies, and we were the sixth in queue!

Haven't played it yet, only glanced at the map.

I noticed that in one of the reviews ... but i wasnt sure it was the game!

Haha, yeah.. All the small details just make this game so awesome. They've thought about ALOT of stuff when sowing this piece together.

Nope. Like I said, it won't say anything until you're holding it in your hands. They don't update very well on there. The countless times I've used it and it's just rubbish.

You've reassured me. Cheers Steffy.

Out of curiosity who's bought it on the 360 and who's got it for the PS3?

360 personally.