NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

Remember to Add me to live if you're up for online tonight :)

Would you mind if i add you, when i get the game? : peace:

The SDF are great deluded little bastards.

Man, i hate fanboys.

Well like i kinda expected mine did not show today. A friend of mine just txt me to say he rung ASDA and they are putting the game on sale at midnight tonight so anyone looking for the game might want to try there nearest ASDA (if its a 24 hr store of course...)

Don't worry, i have never ever seen that. It must be a one off. That cars probably going super fast but the GIF doesn't show it.

Anyways yowza, PS3 version of GTA is 630P and the 360's is 720p.

Wasn't expecting that.

What does that mean exactly? A little ammo for my best mate can't hurt.

Bloody hell...

I was planning on getting this games after my exams end but shit, after seeing the metascore / gamerankings, i seriously don't think i can last out over a month :o

Mental review scores so far!!

My Gameplay.co.uk order didn't show up. Got an email saying they'd posted it Friday, but got another email when i enquired about the special edition being delisted and they said they were being sent today. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow, and my retarded postman a) doesn't steal it b) fits it in the letter box. Otherwise it will be an after uni pick up job or wednesday for me. :(

*wince*

Presuming these are from the 360 version?

Yeah from the 360 version.

Well, mines in the post. Being the tosser I am, it won't be here till at least thursday.

FYI - 365 Games is a great website, but v. v. shoddy. "Can I upgrade my postage?" "no" "It says you can on the website!" "you can't"

I just waltz'd into Blockbuster. I said "Can i pre-order GTA IV for tommorrow please" he went and checked the back room and said yeah we have enough for that :P

GTA IV on release day *Priceless*

I'm hitting the shops in search tomorrow. I'm not sure whether to buy a ps3 or xbox 360...without starting a ruckas, any guidance please? At the mo i'm just on a wii but this game was the turning point for me

Yeah. My sources say Blockies is the place to be tomorrow morning.

:o

They need to fix that bug! Just on trees?

Nope.

Both versions have popups but worse on the xbox360 version.

"The Xbox 360 version seemed capable of achieving a smoother frame rate, peaking higher in certain circumstances, such as in confined spaces or during light traffic, but both versions seemed to regularly run at a similar clip"

"The Xbox 360 version can suffer from some very noticeable texture loading, as things like trees, vehicles and building signs will regularly pop-in as one tools about town. It can be distracting, especially during high speed chases, and the PS3 version isn't entirely immune from it, but it's not a game killing problem."

The two versions are so close to identical, visually, that putting together a comparison was a challenge. Initially, it appeared that the PS3 suffered from more noticeable aliasing than its 360 counterpart, but after eyeballing the final retail copy, they appear to be on par.

If you're looking for more GTA IV, and you may very well be after you've completed the core game, you're going to want the 360 version.

The Xbox 360 version has the requisite list of Achievements exclusive to the platform, creative and challenging goals that sometimes go beyond the regular gaming experience. However, as with other GTA games, stat-tracking for kills, stunt jumps, and the dozens of extras will keep completionists on the PS3 side happy.

The PS3 version has optional SIXAXIS motion controls for piloting helicopters, steering boats and doing motorcycle tricks. You'll probably leave it off, just like I did.

The good news for Grand Theft Auto fans is that whatever platform you have chosen as your own, GTA IV excels on both.

And you can have my 7 month old 360 (Premium) with two controllers and Forza 2 for 130 plus p and p :D

I'm hitting the shops in search tomorrow. I'm not sure whether to buy a ps3 or xbox 360...without starting a ruckas, any guidance please? At the mo i'm just on a wii but this game was the turning point for me

Depends really, if you are interested in the DLC then the 360 one. The PS3 version is slightly better with less pop ups etc.

Basically if you dont care about the DLC then just see which controller you prefer and which console is the one that has the friends you want to play online with.

360 online is just about unbeatable. PS3 for longeivety though as thats set to be around another 6 or 7 years yet. Really depends on preference, i like the 360 controller better, but as a home hub my PS3 is mint, streaming movies from PC to PS3 on my HDTV is flawless but online the PS3 has only 1 game that stands out "Warhawk".

Then theres price.... 360 is cheaper.