NEurope
AshMat

GTA IV

link

Multiplayer screenshots maybe.

medium_2362457144_2f43aa35be_o.jpg

OMG multiplayer sweetness!

They did release Vice city stories on the PS2 also ( which is what I have). As I understand it, its a straght port with the local multiplayer taken out from the PSP version. It came out about a year ago for £20 so it should cost about a tenner now at the most.

Glad to hear about chatterbox the stand up comedy clubs sound really intresting...I wonder what stand up comedians they picked

Yeah I can't wait for this either...read about it in Edge but they wouldn't really elaborate on it...I can see myself spending many an hour in there if its funny.

I have never been this hyped about a GTA game before!

This looks authentic to me, I wonder how he got a hold of somthing like this.

Preview in OXM: * Jeronimo Barrera, a senior developer at Rockstar, says it takes testers playing 4 hours a day "a good 2 weeks to get through the whole single-player game."

* Rockstar's Steve Hahnel says the ambition of GTA IV is the reason the game was delayed. Multiplayer was one of the main things responsible for the delay. Gameplay needed to be balanced, and "an authentic Liberty City had to be created for 16 players to explore and destroy simultaneously."

* In multiplayer, as stated previously, the host gets to decide on a number of options such as weather, vehicle types, spawn location, etc. The host also gets to decide if auto-aim can be used.

* Health, armour and cash pickups are available during multiplayer. The cash determines your online rank - from 0 to 10. Kill people and steal their money to boost your online credibility.

* You can wander anywhere during multiplayer, but if you die you will respawn in the area that the host has set.

* You can't play as Niko during multiplayer, but you can create your own character (male or female) using different clothing.

Has anyone got a New York City map we can compare it too?

Map of New York.

nycareahwyib9.gif

Subway

New-York-Subway-Map-Print-C10116293.jpeg

Map of Liberty City

M20080326163853355.jpg

Subway

M20080326163902792.jpg

This map of GTA looks bigger than New York! How much are you going to fit into the game. I would say the free roaming aspect will just be too much, you could end up driving around for months.

at first itll be overwhelming, but i reckon soon enough, just like all GTA games, youll know the roads better than you know the ones outside your house lol

That would be the case but I think it might take quite a while to learn where stuff is.

If that map has to fit in a game case then you could say each one of the squares is the size of a dvd case. If that's the case it's one big map.

GTA IV Trailer 4 tonight :D

German website Cynamite.de received the trailer beforehand from Rockstar Games in their territory, and while they can't view it until they receive the password for the .rar file until later today, they can inform us that the high definition version captured at 720p is 78 MB in size.

Their trailer has subtitles, presumably in German of course. Earlier today we received word elsewhere that the original version with no subtitles is 76 MB in size ("PEGI 18 - No Subs 2_720p30.wmv"), and the flash .flv version is 27 MB. Looking at previous file sizes of other GTA IV videos, we estimate the length of the trailer to be anywhere between 1:05 - 1:25 minutes long.

Rockstar Games informed us yesterday that they can't give us a confirmed time for when the trailer will debut, but will if and when they're in a position to do so. Elsewhere from a source in Europe we heard it's going to be around 22:00 p.m. GMT / 6 p.m. EDT, but can still change.

New screens.

Anyone seen the new trailer yet?

EDIT. Oops! Loads of others have posted whilst I was still mopping up the drool!!

About the map - it looks smaller than San Andreas, but I'm sure there'll still be plenty to do. I just hope that there'll be rural areas to explore too

On April 29th Rockstar Games will release the most anticipated game of 2008, Grand Theft Auto IV. In addition to the game, the company is launching the Rockstar Social Club, a new website that will extend your experience of Grand Theft Auto IV and all future Rockstar Games titles.

The Rockstar Social Club is more than just a standard gaming site. It features all of the statistical leaderboards that gamers have come to expect, and combines them with performance-based competitions and awards.

Registration for the Rockstar Social Club begins on April 15th and anyone can sign up with their Xbox Gamertag and/or a PlayStation Network ID.

GTA IV, the first game featured on the Rockstar Social Club, has exciting features beyond multiplayer leaderboards, including:

LCPD Police Blotter -- A virtual map and tracker of single-player criminal activity logged in Liberty City from the aggregated data of millions of connected players - showing the most dangerous areas of town, most commonly used weapons and more.

The Story Gang -- This special single-player leaderboard recognizes players who complete Niko Bellic’s main story arc of Grand Theft Auto IV - The leaderboard ranks players according to the total amount of playing time it's taken to complete the story, as well as a historical rank by who has completed it first. Members of this club will receive special online widgets and merit badges marking all of their in-game accomplishments.

The 100% Club -- Watch to see who will be the first to complete 100% of the game. The first ten people to be identified on the Social Club as reaching 100% will be sent an ultra-rare commemorative 'key to the city' to mark their accomplishment. In the future, the 100% Club will then carry a historical leaderboard showing rankings of who has completed 100% of a game in the shortest span of playing hours.

The Hall of Fame -- This area will dynamically recognize those singularly elite players who have reached the top of the hill on various statistical leaderboards, and will also contain a personal awards display of special in-game landmarks and successes in Social Club competitions.

The Liberty City Marathon -- A ranking of special physical milestones achieved in the game - from the amount of miles walked, driven, or swam - to the number of bullets fired and stunt-jumps jumped. There will be additional special marathon-based competitions in the future from this area as well.

The Rockstar Social Club doesn’t stop there. With special competitions, leaderboards and challenges rolling out regularly in the weeks and months following the game’s release, this is just the beginning of an on-going Liberty City experience and is a small taste of what’s to come from Rockstar Games for GTA IV and beyond

Head over to rockstargames.com/socialclub today!

Also Rockstar have added trailer 4 screenshots and Americans players are allowed to buy real-world MP3s of tracks heard over the game's numerous radio stations in a very seamless manner.

2366776229_7a50beb048_o.gif

1970hl6zp4.th.jpg 1971bv8bj0.th.jpg 1972wc2az4.th.jpg 1973ls6ms0.th.jpg

1974on8jg9.th.jpg 1975ei6bw7.th.jpg 1976kr7kc6.th.jpg 1977ia6zt5.th.jpg

1978cf7tt1.th.jpg 1979jv4aw2.th.jpg 1980ea5pq4.th.jpg 1981oo7by5.th.jpg

1982om1ge0.th.jpg 1983vg0nl1.th.jpg 1984eg9hv3.th.jpg 1985nd2gl3.th.jpg

1986sv8ip2.th.jpg 1987my4ae4.th.jpg 1988rz3lr7.th.jpg 1989og3et1.th.jpg

1990hg9qm0.th.jpg

These screens shots where in the trailer ( they whizzed past quickly at the end )

I hope the story in this one is better than San Andreas. I loved GTA3 but really couldn't get on with SA because it was just too big. I'd never see the same place twice and I really couldn't give a crap about some gang war. Bring back the mafia!

Okay I just read Dantes post, that sounds incredible and it sounds groundbreaking.

I don't think it is that groundbreaking to be honest... Whilst yes all its features as a website are groundbreaking and the level of intergration is amazing, I still feel it is a step back having to view such things through your web browser...now if the game was to have Internet Cafe's or if your mobile had internet access for this then that is more ground breaking...otherwise it is just another tracking website with admittedly some very nice bells and whistles on it...

I wonder if they will ever do a MMO style GTA. Players joining gangs and able to have gang wars for territory. Players running shops selling guns etc under the table being hustled for money by obese 14 year old Texans.

I wonder if they will ever do a MMO style GTA. Players joining gangs and able to have gang wars for territory. Players running shops selling guns etc under the table being hustled for money by obese 14 year old Texans.

I like that idea, it'd best be suited for the PC though.

The thing is, if all members of a gang who owned an area of land were offline then anyone could waltz into their area and take it from them.

I like the idea though.