NEurope
Stocka

The 1up Show/1UpYours

These are legendary shows and deserve a thread.

(I'm not sure if this is the right board for them, Other Consoles may be more suited because it is not pure Wii but as there are more people here I thought it'd be fine...)

Here's a summary of each for those who've never seen/listened to them:

The 1UP Show is a popular video podcast that is updated weekly on the video gaming website, 1UP.com. Like the website, the podcast focuses on various aspects of modern gaming culture. Since its creation in 2005, the show has featured previews and reviews of games, as well as in-house debates and discussions on recent developments in the gaming community.
1UP Yours is a weekly internet radio show that takes the form of a discussion among several editors from the 1UP network. The radio show began October 21, 2005 as a weekly news show hosted by Jane Pinckard.

As with The 1UP Show, the 1UP Yours podcast has recently become a more complex and organized radio show. In its current form, the show's hosts are Garnett Lee, Luke Smith, John Davison, and "special guest" Shane Bettenhausen, along Andrew "Skip" Pfister on the audio board (with other 1Up editors, such as "the real special guest" Mark Macdonald, filling in when one of the regular members are on leave), discussing current topics in the video game world. Topics include press announcements, news from gaming conferences, and discussion of game design.

Both are usually released on friday nights, with the 1upShow usually first.

Here's tonights 1upShow:

[1Up Show 5.6 (Virtua Tennis 3, Wario, Last Hope, Konami Shooter Collection, Forza 2)]

stream: mms://zdmedia.wmod.llnwd.net/a111/o1/1UP/1upshow_0506_320x180.wmv

WMV: http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...06_640x360.zip

PSP: http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1upshow_0506_psp.zip

QT Low - http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...06_320x180.zip

QT High - http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/1...0506_quick.zip

1upyours [02/03/07]

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3?http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/Podcasts/030207.mp3

sponsored by sony. Think they would take the piss more otherwise. But yeah top class. Best format for a tv show. They ought to have it on MTV

sponsored by sony. Think they would take the piss more otherwise

yeah do get that sense about them. I've been downloading the 1up Show since it started and do enjoy it, but do think some of the staff are very bias towards sony...

Links dont work.

Sorry, don't know why. If someone can get links that do work please post them. The stream link works though :smile:

I do enjoy both shows, they are all biased to one platform, Microsoft mostly it seems, but it's interesting none the less.

I always listen to 1upYours. But GFW is much funnier, and generally better.

Wario: Master of Disguise looks awful imo. Virtua Tennis looks incredible graphically but seems ever so uninventive and dull. GTA IV sounds like it's going to face a massive change. They got my interest in Mass Effect back up a bit. Enjoyed the podcast this week but thought the show was pretty bad. Next week should be very good though because of GDC :)

Wario: Master of Disguise looks awful imo. Virtua Tennis looks incredible graphically but seems ever so uninventive and dull. GTA IV sounds like it's going to face a massive change. They got my interest in Mass Effect back up a bit. Enjoyed the podcast this week but thought the show was pretty bad. Next week should be very good though because of GDC :)

Yeah last couple of shows have been pretty poor to be honest. Yeah also Wario looks awful, not at all like the old Wario Land games.

When's the next 1upYours? I thought they recorded every Friday, but one for Friday 2nd isn't up..

I Love 1up yours - It really is great, Shane and Luke crack me up :)

They also really rip in to developers that come on the show - and its always totally relaxed and informal, which makes for a very entertaining podcast. Good stuff.

Didnt enjoy the latest episode so much, not sure why think it was the games they were talking about.

Don't take this the wrong way - But their podcasts are more enjoyable N- Europes have been (Im new just voicing my gripes first and foremost) You guys don't even come close to having the enthusiasm that these guys have - although I know this is due It being there job and this being something your doing alongside studying etc...I loved that way they ripped into that shadow run developer! Thats was hilarious...they're so blunt.

By the way Im a podcast host so i know whats its like...Like I said dont get me wrong.

Don't take this the wrong way - But their podcasts are more enjoyable N- Europes have been (Im new just voicing my gripes first and foremost) You guys don't even come close to having the enthusiasm that these guys have - although I know this is due It being there job and this being something your doing alongside studying etc...I loved that way they ripped into that shadow run developer! Thats was hilarious...they're so blunt.

By the way Im a podcast host so i know whats its like...Like I said dont get me wrong.

If you voice your criticisms constructively, then it's always alright. So, thanks for saying that, and you are right, it's difficult to balance work, life and games. In fact, I think we're due another podcast pretty soon. :heh:

Gah, we should get paid.

Haha - Yeah I hear ya. Im used to getting feeback as well, so I know how annoying it is when people go off on a tangent. I love these forums btw :)

And considering all this juggling you guys are doing a fine job with the site. WE don't even have a site yet! - one day Mani, one day...

Keep sticking at it, as hard work will always pay off. :)

And yes, this has gone off on a slight tangent, so back to the 1up talk.

This week's podcast is fantastic! Was listening to it in my headphones on a long car journey and is without a doubt the best one i've ever listened to. Check it out when you get the chance.

This week's podcast is fantastic! Was listening to it in my headphones on a long car journey and is without a doubt the best one i've ever listened to. Check it out when you get the chance.

Yeah, good show, piss funny as usual. Some good discussion on Home and Little Big Planet.

I'd like to see N'Gai back, and he clearly would like it also.

Yeah he seemed to fit in perfectly. What is he from again?