NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

New Wii Games

English developer Data Design Interactive has recieved the license to develop and publish Wii-games from Nintendo, and has decided to celebrate this by porting twelve of their PS2 and PC-efforts over to Wii.

Six of these games will release in Q2, the other half in the second half of 2007.

The first six to appear are:

Billy the Wizard

It’s no fairytale when there’s an evil force around. Use your magical spells to attack evil dragons that have taken over the skies above ‘The Wizards Castle’. Or take part in the sorcerer’s ultimate challenge as you race alongside other wizards in the enchanting Broomstick Grand Prix.

Screens

Myth Makers Super Kart GP

Fantastic friendly fun and mad cartoon racing, rolled into lots of exciting challenges against characters, with unique abilities. Challenge your friends to leagues, cups or time trails or face a solo challenge to try to defeat the evil Mumbra.

Screens

Anubis II

The evil spirit has risen again and taken physical form. A ‘Pharaohs Curse’ has been placed over the fastest, strongest and most poisonous of Egypt’s inhabitants. The Gods have called on the only warrior that could rid the sands of these evil monsters and return peace to Egypt… The mighty Anubis.

Screens

Ninjabread Man

Candy Land is under attack! This once sweet and tasty land has been taken over by hordes of snapping Cup Cakes, Angry Bees and Jelly Monsters. Only one man can stop this evil army of monster cakes. He’s one tough cookie; a guy that won’t crumble under the pressure...... ’Ninjabread Man’ is here!

Screens

Monster Trux Extreme

This is the super-charged turbo-driven world of Monster Trux Extreme - you and your friends will be racing huge V8 powered Monster Trucks around rugged terrain, including islands and volcanoes. Race well and earn prize money, which you can use to unlock extra Trucks, levels and bonus features.

Screens

Elviz: Rock N Roll Adventures

Bash and Trash crazed instruments with Elviz's legendary guitar, or strum those strings for a bolt of Sonic Power to blast away Deadly Drums, Run, Push, Swipe and Jump your way through the massive levels with moving objects, intelligent enemies and hidden rooms! Its time to ROCK N ROLL!

Screens

Stewart Green MD of Data Design Interactive, said:

We have been developers for the past 24 years and we have seen many new consoles but the Nintendo Wii controller is exciting. Rather than just offering faster graphics and more memory this is the first real innovation in hardware, and because of the ease of use and dynamic control we can see both new games and new players being brought into the games market. Our Mythmakers range of titles have sold over half a million units and with their family friendly and cartoon style they are ideally suited to this Nintendo market, but we are not playing safe. Of the 12 titles we have planned for release we also have the 18 rated EARACHE EXTREME METAL RACING. A Death metal music game, which will open up the Wii to a whole new market.

While I don't hold a lot of hope for these, whoever conceived "Ninjabread Man" deserves some kind of freakin' medal.

These all look really shitty.. it'd be great if these were the games matt casamASSina was talking about :p

While I don't hold a lot of hope for these, whoever conceived "Ninjabread Man" deserves some kind of freakin' medal.

Lmfao! Ninjabread Man sounds awesome. I took one look at the boxart and just burst out laughing. :D

screen_big_21_1.jpg

screen_big_24_1.jpg

screen_big_4_1.jpg

Same game, just with a different character and different textures for the levels.

big_21.jpg

That is genius. I would totally pick this up for a tenner.

Hahahahaha! I think the whole forum thinks we're nutters, but I think it looks rather nifty. :red:

What the hell? These publishers should be forbidden by law. By the ****ing United Nations.

Hahahahaha! I think the whole forum thinks we're nutters, but I think it looks rather fun.

Well then we're no more nutters then Steven Segale fans. Lets face it, you don't buy his DVDs for the great character acting. Or well choreographed fight scenes even. You buy it because it's Steven Segale dammit. And I'm going to buy this because it's Ninjabread Man dammit!

English developer Data Design Interactive has recieved the license to develop and publish Wii-games from Nintendo, and has decided to celebrate this by porting twelve of their PS2 and PC-efforts over to Wii.

Come again?

Ninjabread man is the greatest game ever made.

I haven't played it but with a name that great how can the game be bad?

Well then we're no more nutters then Steven Segale fans. Lets face it, you don't buy his DVDs for the great character acting. Or well choreographed fight scenes even. You buy it because it's Steven Segale dammit. And I'm going to buy this because it's Ninjabread Man dammit!

Motherfucking Steven Seagal is a motherfucking legend.

I saw him and his band live a few weeks back. It was so awesome.

Now, seeing as they're ports, why not offer them as budget titles for say, 20 quid? Make a nice profit, sell more games, and be more highly regarded? Nope, stick a full price tag on them and watch them 'fly' off the shelves.

Full list:

Billy the Wizard

Myth Makers Super Kart GP

Anubis II

Ninjabread Man

Monster Trux Extreme

Elviz: Rock N Roll Adventures

Hamster Heroes

Trixie in Toyland

Action Girlz Racing

Mini Desktop Racing

Myth Makers Orbs of Doom

London Taxi: Rushour

Earache - Extreme Metal Racing

From the prices of all their games on all platforms - these will probably be £9.99.

And who wouldn't pay £10 for a game called Ninjabread Man?

although they all look shit i'm sure they'll all be cheap (i'd guess they'll be released for about 20 quid) and overtime they'll probably end up for 6.99 in the supermarket, the wii needs crap like this to succed

But with such awesome titles like Hamster Heroes and Action Girlz Racing what in the world could go wrong? I mean if the game is only half as good as the title suggests you should even be able to divide it by zero.

We have been developers for the past 24 years and we have seen many new consoles but the Nintendo Wii controller is exciting.

How did they manage to be devs for 24 years? I mean do they sell drugs as a part time job to keep their company running or what?

Ninjabread man is a quality title. Shame to waste it on what doesnt seem to be a safe bet of a game really. Nintendo probably gave them developer status on that title alone.

As for the Earache extreme racing thing-a-ma-bob, im only interested if they dare use Napalm Deaths 'From enslavement to obliteration' as part of the soundtrack...

They will have an RRP of £9.99 . You can pre-order some of the Wii games off the site now! These games will be good for the under 10s. Cheap and will last a few weeks for them. Plenty of choice for them on the console now too.

Sign in to follow this