NEurope
KKOB

Kill it, Cook it, Eat it.

I seem to recall seeing something like this before, with a cow. The guy went into the field, chose a cow, and they killed it right in front of him - the poor guy was crying.

He ate it anyway though..

I seem to recall seeing something like this before, with a cow. The guy went into the field, chose a cow, and they killed it right in front of him - the poor guy was crying.

He ate it anyway though..

can't let good meat go to waste - i'm hungry now :(

When I was little I once went fishing and when I pulled the fish out of the water he was still alive and struggling. I was totally shocked as I thought I'd pull him out and he would be dead.

I thought I surely would never be able to eat fish again but I was wrong, ate fish that week.

Now I see it as something natural. Animals hunt other animals, that's how life goes. And we humans do the same or used to as we hold them on farms now so we don't have to hunt them - but I think you'll get my point.

Also I often tell some vegetarian friends that they should be glad I eat meat, because if I didn't the animals would eat the veggies' food and then the veggies would starve :P

I remember seeing some with Gordan Ramsey, where he kept Turkeys (I think this was around Christmas time) for like a week or something and then killed them.

What was horrible was that they actually showed how he killed them. He rigged them up to this electrical stuff, and then eletricuted them. I was watching it with a friend at the time, and we were both gasping and had our mouths wide open, it was really unpleasent to watch. The turkeys would be wriggling around one moment, get pumped with electricity, and then they would jump and go all stiff.

Who in their right mind thought that was good television viewing?

I remember seeing some with Gordan Ramsey, where he kept Turkeys (I think this was around Christmas time) for like a week or something and then killed them.

What was horrible was that they actually showed how he killed them. He rigged them up to this electrical stuff, and then eletricuted them. I was watching it with a friend at the time, and we were both gasping and had our mouths wide open, it was really unpleasent to watch. The turkeys would be wriggling around one moment, get pumped with electricity, and then they would jump and go all stiff.

Who in their right mind thought that was good television viewing?

I remember he kept some piglets once, and his kids got really attached to them - yet he still killed them!

I remember he kept some piglets once, and his kids got really attached to them - yet he still killed them!

The kids got attached to the Turkeys, too. It was horrible stuff to watch.

Thing is though, if me or somebody I knew, (kids, relatives, friends) were keeping animals, then got attached to them, I wouldn't have the heart to kill them or eat them.

Eww.

Not eaten meat for 6 and a half years because a) never really liked it before and b) death is :(

(And I always lement telling people I'm a veggie becaus eof having to answer that question again)

Even if you get attached to them the taste of home reared animal fare is well worth it. seriously I don't know why people are so squirmish about killing things for food. I guess its just a product of mass production and city lifestyles.

I suggest everyone reads the book 'Life of Pi'.

During the story, the boy involved goes from strict vegetarian to eating live turtles and things :D

Eww.

Not eaten meat for 6 and a half years because a) never really liked it before and b) death is :(

(And I always lement telling people I'm a veggie becaus eof having to answer that question again)

Well veggies are living beings to. Can´t to much more than grow bigger and maturer but still

I haven't killed an animal to eat.

But I think I should be able to, because I do eat meat.

One lent (by which time I was already a heavily lapsed Catholic, I did it for the challenge rather than the 'penance'!) gave up meat for 6 weeks, it was hard- AND I allowed myself fish too. Meat fest at easter. It proved to me that I love meat and couldn't really go without it.

My mate works at a nature-reserve thing (basically, his job is to look after the woods) and he has killed animals to eat before (if I didn't have so much work to do last Sunday, I would have been chowing down on a bit of rabbit stew, he'd killed the rabbit earlier) and I'm hoping to go up there and kill and eat something wild. It WILL be hard work for me, but I think it's something I have to do, almost to justify eating meat, or a rite of passage sort of thing.

The main point I am (rather amateurishly) making is that if you eat meat i think that you should be prepared to kill an animal and eat it. Earn your meat-stripes.

Well veggies are living beings to. Can´t to much more than grow bigger and maturer but still

Does that make the opposite of sense to anyone else?

But what if comes alive in your stomach and lays its eggs in you then it and its family eat you out from the inside.

But what if comes alive in your stomach and lays its eggs in you then it and its family eat you out from the inside.

Dude, this isn't Alien.

No its worse its spiders.

You've probably already eaten at least one spider in your life.

In other news, I could murder a bacon sandwich.

While you sleep a spider/moth/other insect might crawl into your mouth and you'll swallow them without knowing. I think you eat 7 insects a year when sleeping.

On topic, I love meat, but I can't witness watching one be killed, actually, I think I might be able to.

The BBC is the biggest brainwashing tool in the UK. They are trying to brainwash people into becoming veggies so then the majority of people will agree with the Muslim's view on meat.

This country is slowly turning into a Islamic state.

The BBC is the biggest brainwashing tool in the UK. They are trying to brainwash people into becoming veggies so then the majority of people will agree with the Muslim's view on meat.

This country is slowly turning into a Islamic state.

Yes, by killing and eating animals on TV and showing cookery programmes of how to prepare meat they are turning everyone vegetarian, just like muslims.

For me people not being able to kill an animal to eat is the same as those prissy people who cant live without their hairdryers or bottled water. Society has helped spoilt people turn into bigger retards than before.

Fact: The human body is DESIGNED to digest meat, fruit and carbohydrates quite well. It is CRAP at digesting any form of vegetation.

That's not a knock on vegetarians, I know plenty of people who just don't like meat. But seriously for those meat eaters out there who enjoy their steak/raost chicken and so on (not to mention eggs for christ sake! Think of the children!) I think it's very important part of life to understand that things die so we can eat them. People do not farm cows/chickens/sheep so they can look pretty in a field and mow the lawn. Hunting/farming/butchering are some of the oldest skills which humans possess and we should be proud of it.

On a seperate note, I don't think that being proud of being able to catch or prepare meat will gradually turn you into some bloodlusting killer as many movies have inferred. Such an association is the same as suggesting that because a person makes love to another person, they are more likely to go out and rape people. Tis hogwash.

P.S. If you cant stomach prep-ing your own food, you dont deserve to buy it in the supermarket you jessie.

Yes, by killing and eating animals on TV and showing cookery programmes of how to prepare meat they are turning everyone vegetarian, just like muslims.

Yeah, they'll make people wear religous dress which we all know derives from the black hoods of animal executioners.