NEurope
Retro_Link

Prince of Persia Movie! Disney!

Walt Disney are backing the film, umm, this kinda means they'll market the prince to death but themepark attractions everywhere. And even create characters to walk around the parks. Just like they did with PotC

Hmm, yes it will be interesting to see how this actually works and how it will be done. I'm going to keep my eye on this as it shapes up

By teh power vested in me as mod I pronounce this thread... merged! *waves fairy wand*

The art work looks kinda epic :D have to reserve judgement though. Movies like this are often ruined by using CG over miniatures.

They'll probably make orlando bloom the prince, knowing disney and make russel crowe the evil prince.

As I said in the other thread the words Jerry and Bruckheimer ensure this will be crap.

Really? I love just about all his films.

Im looking forward to seeing the first footage of this, hopefully it will have a PotC feel to it.

Cool, if this film is good then maybe it will translate into a good Kingdom Hearts world. :smile:

Im looking forward to seeing the first footage of this, hopefully it will have a PotC feel to it.

Potc basically the only one ive ever been able to watch all the way through without wanting to gouge my own eyes out. But each to there own.

Er...you do know that he's responsible for Kangaroo Jack, right? :heh:

Cool, if this film is good then maybe it will translate into a good Kingdom Hearts world. :smile:

Maybe a bit difficult seen as ubisoft hold the rights to it, the prince of persia franchise that is.

Maybe a bit difficult seen as ubisoft hold the rights to it, the prince of persia franchise that is.

Meh, there's always ways of getting around these things, one of the worlds in the game doesn't even belong to Disney but it still made it in there.

Still there's far better films that can make it into the next one; Toy Story, The Incredibles and Robin Hood.

Walt Disney are backing the film, umm, this kinda means they'll market the prince to death but themepark attractions everywhere. And even create characters to walk around the parks. Just like they did with PotC

you...err..you do know that POTC was based on a themepark ride, right?

and as for all the fucking Depp reccomendations: the very idea makes me want to hurt puppies. Have you not thought that, oh my god, maybe they should maybe use a Middle Eastern actor for the prince of Persia?

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/795/795147p1.html

Disney sets Prince of Persia release date.

Walt Disney Pictures has set a release date for their big-screen adaptation of the best-selling Ubisoft videogame Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The Jerry Bruckheimer-produced film will hit theaters on July 10, 2009, if all goes according to plan.

The Prince of Persia movie has been in development at Walt Disney Pictures since 2004, with the game's creator Jordan Mechner having penned a script with screenwriter John August supervising.

No actors or director are attached to the project at this time, but official word on talent should start trickling out soon if the film is going to meet the planned 2009 release date.

Frequent Bruckheimer collaborator and Transformers helmer Michael Bay has been rumored to be up for the directing gig.

Really looking forward to this one!

It's not being rushed and there are some great names surrounding it!

you...err..you do know that POTC was based on a themepark ride, right?

and as for all the fucking Depp reccomendations: the very idea makes me want to hurt puppies. Have you not thought that, oh my god, maybe they should maybe use a Middle Eastern actor for the prince of Persia?

Lol. QFT. No offence to anyone on here, but hardcore Johnny Depp fans are pretty obnoxious.

They just say JD should play every person in every film. Yes hes got talent, but sheeeesssh.

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10074

Jake Gyllenhaal Confirmed as Prince of Persia

The lead for the upcoming Prince of Persia film has been confirmed: Jake Gyllenhaal in the Disney adaptation of Ubisoft’s Sands of Time.

The Hollywood Reporter confirms Gyllenhaal playing the young prince Dasta, partnering with a feisty princess Tamina (Gemma Arterton) to prevent an evil nobleman from possessing the Sands of Time.

pop.jpg

The game’s creator Jordan Mechner teamed up with Doug Miro and Carlo Bernard to write the scripts. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing, with Mike Stenson, Chad Oman and Patrick McCormick executive producing.

Production is set to start in July in Morocco and England.

Crap choice!

Not sure it will be in this case though!

If it's anything near as good as the Pirates movies, which it should be considering everyone who's working on it! it really could be awesome!

:) the game's going to be better than the movies lol..THat ain;t convincing me

It's going to be like 300. With a shitload of unnessecary slow motion portions. At least they can blame the Sands Of Time this time.

The least they could do is choose a middle eastern looking person.

Hope there arent as many mistakes/continuity errors in the movie as there are in Pirates of the Caribbean.

the%20comic%20book%20guy%20pondering.gif

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/878/878654p1.html

Prince of Persia Cast Expands

prince-of-persia-20080603031219318.jpg

Ben Kingsley (Sexy Beast)

It's unclear what role Kingsley will have - we're hoping it's the villain.

Alfred Molina (most famous as Dr Octavius in Spider-Man 2)

Molina set to play Sheik Amar - the young prince's mentor.

Not really sure these castings are going so well.

Jake is one of my fav actors. I think he looks like the prince. Awesome choice! and wow, the cast is really good. I didnt expect Alfred Molina on it