NEurope
demonmike04

So, you've sung Karaoke eh?

If there is one thing I hate most in the world, one of the top things would be Kareoke. Thing is, I hate doing myself, its hillarious when your drunk mates do it though.

So, have you ever done it yourself? I sung Dont you want me baby by the Human League infront of 20 of my friends family, and I went red like a baboons arse. It was even more awkward when my mate was singing it with me and was a paranoid idiot and twisted the words incase her boyfriend got jealous.

So, do tell. (Im bored)

One thing I don't miss about my ex-girlfriend is (rant on) those bluddy stupid family get-togethers where they sing kareoke. They've got a machine in their house, and they sing the same bluddy songs over and over and over and over and bluddy hell it annoys me.

I swear to God, if I ever go back there, and they make me sing build me up buttercup anymore, I will do something nasty. Like, refuse to sing, or something.

More happy kareoke memories coming soon.

Changed the thread title to fix the spelling mistake.

I want to do karaoke but nobody else wants to go to a karaoke night. Losers.

I've always been really shy when it comes to singing. But one day I plucked up the courage to sing in front of my family and friends (about 10 of them) and I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it so much that later I went up and sung again. However halfway through the second song my sister arrived, walked in and said, "Why are you singing? You can't sing." Well that really knocked my confidence. God I hate her so much.

Ah, i thought there was something up with my spelling of the word, i dont usually read or write the word.

Ha, thats so mean MoogleViper, this calls for revenge!

I say when we go out on FliNky's N-E pulling night we go to a karaoke bar. We'll all make fools of ourselves. But then there will be one person that can actually sing and instead of acting like a **** sings properly and knows that they can sing. They'll be like, "Oooh did I sound bad?" and we'll be like, "Know you were great (I want to fucking kill you)" and they'll ruin the night and YOU CAN ALL JUST FUCK OFF!!! I'M NOT GOING ANYMORE!!!

*runs into the corner and cries*

I love Karaoke! The first time I did it was for my 19th birthday, about 6 months ago, but I drank a bit too much, woke up in hospital (friends didn't know where else to take me!) and I couldn't remember anything that happened! Fun!

So when I went again I aimed to remember what happened...It was awesome! The trick is to try and sing badly...It gets boring when people can sing well!

Has it not been called Kareoke for everyone else? I'll be damned if I'm using an extra A.

Yes I've done Kareoke a couple of times. Mostly whilst drunk.

In my youth I remember singing "This old man" for a colouring book. Awesome.

Me and a Friend have sung Summer of 69 and Livin' on a prayer at our local Reflex [on the revolving dance floor]

I have sung The Time Warp with my sister, I sung true to the film so screamed like a bitch.

I have sung Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days.

I intend to sing a swearing version of Total Eclipse Of The Heart, as shown in Old School. For more search for The Dan Band Old School Total Eclipse, or as close as on j00t00be.

I've sung "I want it that way" by the backstreet boys plenty of times...well it wasn't strictly Karaoke :heh:

Has it not been called Kareoke for everyone else? I'll be damned if I'm using an extra A.

The most common spelling is without the 'e'. So say Google. And who are we to argue with a search engine?

I've done karaoke a few times, there always seems to be alcohol involved. So far, I've sung I'm Gonna Be by the Proclaimers, Sweet Child of Mine by Guns 'N Roses, Enter Sandman by Metallica, and some Bon Jovi song, don't remember which one. I'm sure I sounded terrible, but it was good fun anyway. Just takes a couple of drinks to get my courage up!

I FUCKING LOVE KARAOKE!!!

Did it a couple months back, Sweet Transvestite from Rocky Horror in a pub on canal st and i loved it!

Weird this being made now, i just got Singstar (80s) today hehe

Just once but it was at the sime time as some friends, so, I never sung Karaoke alone. It's not much of a fad here. That I know of at least.

On U2's Zoo TV tour DVD there's a karaoke version of Numb. It's always a competition to do it as boring as possible.

Coming from a filippino family Karaoke is at every family party, or (filippino) friends party.

When i was younger i wouldn't do it cause i was very shy, i'm not shy anymore and have a nice list of songs that i sing...most of them quite well :heh:

I love Karaoke but only after a few drinks. One of my mates has a machine and it comes out now and again when we are all drunk and having a laugh.

I also sang Hey Jude & Waterloo Sunset when I was in Ibiza last year infront of a packed bar. I got lots a claps and people joining in with the Na na na nananana's in Hey Jude. I felt like a King. :D

Karaoke? Yeah, great idea. 'Cause so often when I'm listening to Sinatra, I'm thinking, 'Wouldn't it be better if I could just take Sinatra's voice out and replace it with the off-key yowling of some drunken conventioneer?

A few beers at a karaoke night and 'Blueberry Hill' is my weapon of choice.

yeh its great! The worst thing i've sung is probably nelly with "its getting hot in here" lol

I have only ever tried doing karaoke once and there was a lot of booze involved because I am quite shy by nature and have a truly terrible voice.

I attempted 'Come On Eileen' by Dexys but for some reason on every chorus I kept singing the Come On part but for the life of me I couldn't seem to remember the Eileen and no amount of trying to read the screen/being reminded my others in the audience could make me remember it.

It was truly woeful but apparently it did provide a very comedic evening.

When I went to Budapest last year, we somehow gatecrashed the University nightclub. Anyway it was Karaoke night and er about 5 of us sung some random Hungarian song.

Note: I may not have been sober during this event.