NEurope
Atomic Boo

Do my Penguin for me

Good lord, how did i get a B for Maths?! Glad i dont have to do it anymore, though it was a good 5 years ago now i guess. Still, thought i'd remember still :S

You should always rearrange quadratics so that they are equal to 0, then try and factorise. If you can't factorise them, use the formula (or complete the square, which is effectively the same thing).

This time last year I could do all of those things, but I can't actually even remember how to start doing it anymore..

I'm so glad I don't do maths anymore. :heh:

This time last year I could do all of those things, but I can't actually even remember how to start doing it anymore..

I'm so glad I don't do maths anymore. :heh:

I'm not going to take it for A-level, i don't like maths and the teacher is scary.

'tis a pity for all of you... maths actually becomes an interesting subject at A-level. I found all this rubbish boring as well. In my opinion, they should get rid of ladders leaning against walls and put calculus on the GCSE syllabus.

Anyway, although I'm doing double maths A-level, I'm not actually doing maths at uni, so I don't swear my undying allegiance to it... though it does run the universe. :heh:

You should always rearrange quadratics so that they are equal to 0, then try and factorise. If you can't factorise them, use the formula (or complete the square, which is effectively the same thing).

yeah I realised that after I had posted. I couldn't be bothered to try and factorise so i just used the quadratic equation. I got the question right but then I had to go so I didn't get enough marks. Will have to have another go at it.

yeah I realised that after I had posted. I couldn't be bothered to try and factorise so i just used the quadratic equation. I got the question right but then I had to go so I didn't get enough marks. Will have to have another go at it.

I got 70%, but its still yelow :(

I got 70%, but its still yelow :(

Yeah you have to get over 70%. Just leave it. She won't do anything. Richard Cheshire hasn't done a single one and she hasn't even said anything.

We have to do our maths homework on http://www.mymaths.com. If we get over 70% we get a "green light".

That site looks horrible... all full of popups and the like. I can't even find any maths questions.

That site looks horrible... all full of popups and the like. I can't even find any maths questions.

You need to log in, click on booster packs, a 2 a*, pick a subject then click the online worksheet.

I don't do homework anymore. All I get is exercise questions, when I clearly know how to do those questions and don't need the practice. It just seems like needless chores that are only there for the sake of extra work.

I don't do homework anymore. All I get is exercise questions, when I clearly know how to do those questions and don't need the practice. It just seems like needless chores that are only there for the sake of extra work.

If you can do your homework so easily, find homework you can't do... it's the only way. :heh:

A-level maths is booooooooooooring, im onto trigonometry at the moment and all we are doing is simply what we did at GCSE! WHY

also i found logarithms (sorry forgotten how to spell today) a little difficult.

For those who are taking A-level, have you taken your C1 right? how'd it go?

We have to do our maths homework on http://www.mymaths.com. If we get over 70% we get a "green light".

You linked the wrong site you muppet. Here it is How retarded do those kids look?

What is it is that the teacher is lazy and can't be arsed to mark "real work" but she's quick enough to have a moan when we dont do this. And its flash based so when you refresh you get a whole new set of questions and you cant go back and check them/ or change your answer.

A-level maths is booooooooooooring, im onto trigonometry at the moment and all we are doing is simply what we did at GCSE! WHY

also i found logarithms (sorry forgotten how to spell today) a little difficult.

For those who are taking A-level, have you taken your C1 right? how'd it go?

Yeah, I've taken C1... I got 92.

When I said A-level maths was interesting, I didn't mean C1... it starts to get interesting in C3 and 4... unfortunately, you have to do double maths if you want the really interesting stuff, which most people refuse to do outright.

You linked the wrong site you muppet. Here it is How retarded do those kids look?

What is it is that the teacher is lazy and can't be arsed to mark "real work" but she's quick enough to have a moan when we dont do this. And its flash based so when you refresh you get a whole new set of questions and you cant go back and check them/ or change your answer.

Yeah, after having a look I was about to say that it looks like your maths teacher can't be bothered to set real homework.

A level maths is shite because it just tells you exactly what to do when. So prescriptive. I'm really struggling with the maths part of my course atm because A level really doesn't set you up that well...

I’m doing it on osmosis in potatoes. I’m using distilled water, 0.5m and 1.0m (this is just the pilot). Anyway, the potato piece in the distilled water has an increase in mass (10.5 to 10.8) and the others have a decrease in mass.

I need to work out the percentage change. I get a decrease % for 0.5m and 1.0m, so I get a minus on my calculator. Here’s where I’m confused, I need to do a graph. So, do I put a minus y axis?

Any help would be great. I’m terrible at maths.

I did the exact same experiment, What We did was we calcuated the average increase of size of the potatoes and put it in the graphs....

But I got a C at it....

I’m doing it on osmosis in potatoes. I’m using distilled water, 0.5m and 1.0m (this is just the pilot). Anyway, the potato piece in the distilled water has an increase in mass (10.5 to 10.8) and the others have a decrease in mass.

I need to work out the percentage change. I get a decrease % for 0.5m and 1.0m, so I get a minus on my calculator. Here’s where I’m confused, I need to do a graph. So, do I put a minus y axis?

Yes, you do want a y axis that covers positive and negative, as if something gets lighter, its percentage increase is negative.

Incidentally, when you say "0.5M", do you mean of salt solution?

I have had to pass A-level maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Zoology and Physics to get where I am today. And i still have to stay at uni for five years. With shit loads of studying to do...

Yes, you do want a y axis that covers positive and negative, as if something gets lighter, its percentage increase is negative.

Incidentally, when you say "0.5M", do you mean of salt solution?

Sugar solution.

I have had to pass A-level maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Zoology and Physics to get where I am today. And i still have to stay at uni for five years. With shit loads of studying to do...

Which exam board did you do A-level zoology with...?

What uni course are you on?

I've done that experiment about 4 times. its stupid that i could write out a full practical report now without even looking at anything and just faking some results.