NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Ricky Gervais- Fame

animals and politics are 2 of the funniest things I've ever seen. I'm off to ssee him in birmingham on the 15th, and I really cant wait. I've never gone to see a live comedian before so it should be really good.

i do understand why peopel dont like him though. Cringe comedy is the marmite of comedy imo. Personally i think that his stand up shows is of a very different style to his TV shows, but i think alot fo people who might liek the stand up shows are put off because of the tv shows.

btw the american office, from season 2 onwards in very different to the UK version, and I think its excellent. Its not cringe comedy, and reminds me of seinfeld in its style.

btw the american office, from season 2 onwards in very different to the UK version, and I think its excellent. Its not cringe comedy, and reminds me of seinfeld in its style.

I don't think they could make it as bad as the UK version if they tried..

you wouldn't be saying that if a comedian you liked had won all those awards...

This is why forums are always so annoying because differing opinions generally turn into arguing, when people get defensive when someone slags off something you like. Not saying people are wrong for saying what they say, it's just a natural part of discussion really.

I love Ricky Gervais, I like The Office, Extras, I really like his stand up, and the podcasts are some of the funniest things I've heard (largely down to Karl Pilkington though).

Basically, if you hate him, I don't give 2 fucks.

“You always get the odd person who doesn’t appreciate what you’re doing, shouts silly things.”

“What sort of things?”

“You beardy ****. Pug-nosed gimp. Lard Boy-and I go ‘Yeah what have you ever done on telly? nothing, so don’t...’. Absolutely flabulous.”

This is why forums are always so annoying because differing opinions generally turn into arguing, when people get defensive when someone slags off something you like. Not saying people are wrong for saying what they say, it's just a natural part of discussion really.

I love Ricky Gervais, I like The Office, Extras, I really like his stand up, and the podcasts are some of the funniest things I've heard (largely down to Karl Pilkington though).

couldn't have said it any other way.

and tom agree with you the american office has really developed into a comedy of its own, very different, Steve Carrell doesn't play the Brent character (Micheal Scott) the same as Gervais, much more eccentric rather than someone desperate to be famous like Brent.

I agree but to the opposite. Although if someone likes him, I won't say anything about their opinion, as opposed to not giving two fucks. I think he's an unfunny prat. You don't give 2 fucks. You love him, I'm down with that. See the difference people. That Guy don't because he doesn't give a fuck. Two thereof.

Well I'm going to break the trend and say I do like him, his work is brilliant, the podcasts are hilarious, The Office is incredible, and I'm going to see Fame in Bournemouth next thursday.

Still no Eddie Izzard though..

Sign in to follow this