NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
flameboy

Ricky Gervais- Fame

Wondered if anyone else had been to see this, I went last night and it was sooo funny, I'm a massive Gervais fan and just loved finally being able to actually get tickets for his live performances, the enterance, was spectacular to say the least.

Can't say I'm a big fan of his standup. His sitcoms are fairly decent, but he's starting to run out of time on my watch.

I absolutely hate Ricky Gervais i don't find him funny at all, his simpsons one was crap aswell as him overall.

I absolutely hate Ricky Gervais i don't find him funny at all, his simpsons one was crap aswell as him overall.

It's a problem a lot of so called comedians suffer from.

Couldn't agree more.

Why are threads about specific people or bands always filled with posters expressing their hatred of said people? I'm sure I've also done it at some point, so excuse my hypocrisy, but bloody hell, you don't like them; we get it, and we don't care.

Why are threads about specific people or bands always filled with posters expressing their hatred of said people? I'm sure I've also done it at some point, so excuse my hypocrisy, but bloody hell, you don't like them; we get it, and we don't care.

But then he would only have 1 post and isnt it meant to be a an opinion thing?

I'd agree with you if i was i was saying stuff like "You must be a total arse hole to like them/him/her/whoever" but im not, so it seems pretty valid to me.

But I don't understand why you would click on the thread to begin with if you knew you disliked them already. Fair enough that you're entitled to your own opinion but... I don't know, I think I'm just annoyed that so many people dislike someone I find entertaining.

I'd pay good money to watch Bill Bailey beat the smugness out of him with his guitar.

ahh well guess my love for one of the best comedians ever (6 BAFTA's, 2 Golden Globes kinda speak for themselves) isn't shared here, no bother, some people like Lee Evans for example I don't, everyones entitled to their opinion.

That's just it though, isn't it? What exactly did he do to warrant all that mantle piece space filler? Office was decent and Extra's is OK, but six baftas and all that other crap showered upon him by the American gliteratti? Those aren't awards, those are media institutions trying to look like they're "for the people."

I'd pay good money to watch Bill Bailey beat the smugness out of him with his guitar.

I'd pay money to watch anybody beat him up, rather do it myself though.

For what it's worth, I'm not a hater, I actually quite like Ricky Gervais's standup, though I've never been live, but I actually prefer it to The Office.

How can you say that his work is garbage, he's extremely funny/clever and entertaining. His had major success and there is a reason for that.

Maybe you've only seen one episode of his sitcoms or 1 stand up and you didnt like it much, if you give it a go then it is very rewarding.

The Office Christmas Specials and the Daniel Radcliffe Extras episode are some of the funniest and cringeworthy things you could ever watch.

Dislike him yes, say his work is garbage definetly not.

http://rickygervais.co.uk/

go to 'video' and see his comic relief and john cleese stuff

Dislike him yes, say his work is garbage definetly not.

Eat shit. I'll dislike the little assrag and consider his work shite as much as I want.

That's just it though, isn't it? What exactly did he do to warrant all that mantle piece space filler? Office was decent and Extra's is OK, but six baftas and all that other crap showered upon him by the American gliteratti? Those aren't awards, those are media institutions trying to look like they're "for the people."

you wouldn't be saying that if a comedian you liked had won all those awards...

Eat shit. I'll dislike the little assrag and consider his work shite as much as I want.

woah calm down, family boards remember? why swear over something so little, its not like you were insulted.

I'm willing to bet they would get on.

Sign in to follow this