NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

A new Wii?!!

You know, if there was another version of the Wii, we still don't know if us europeans would get a look in. Could just be Japan only, like the Panasonic Q.

Hell, it may just be different colours of the system, after all. She didn't actually say it would be anything drastic. Ah, guess we'll find out eventually. I'm more than happy with what I've got at the moment. Nothing really springs to mind as a "damn, the Wii needs..." sorta thing.

If this is anything other than a color change, im gonna be pissed.

The Wii needs ALOT more internal storage and a better Wiimote speaker but those glaring issues should have been corrected before launch.

If this is anything other than a color change, im gonna be pissed.

The Wii needs ALOT more internal storage and a better Wiimote speaker but those glaring issues should have been corrected before launch.

I'm sure the USB will be used for storage and connectivity. The whole operating system needs an overhall. Hate it when it resets and has the read disc every time you quit an app

In my opinion we'll have a Wii lite in about 2 years. It's the perfect business solution for Nintendo, because it can keep up with graphics and be more profitable.

It won't be much. Just what they've delivered on but in a better sense. So the Wiimote will be redesigned, the memory (flash memory) will be bigger or maybe actual HD, etc.

Nothing special... but something I would be willing to wait for. :)

If they do design a new Wii, Id like them to make it so the memory cards and the Gamecube controllers don't stick out the top with the flap open. It looks ugly and I'm not a huge fan of open flaps. Then again I can't see myself forking out another $500 for a new Wii. But thats just my 2 cents worth.

Ah I hate Perrin Kaplan and I now hate Nintendo. What message are you trying to bring out by upgrading every damn console two years in its lifetime?

Ah I hate Perrin Kaplan and I now hate Nintendo. What message are you trying to bring out by upgrading every damn console two years in its lifetime?

Its by far their worst business tactic, but for some reason people eat it up. How about getting it right the first time, eh?

If they do design a new Wii, Id like them to make it so the memory cards and the Gamecube controllers don't stick out the top with the flap open. It looks ugly and I'm not a huge fan of open flaps. Then again I can't see myself forking out another $500 for a new Wii. But thats just my 2 cents worth.

Can't you just take the flaps off? They can easily be taken off and put back on. :wink:

So what if they do, you're only angry because you know you'd want one if they did, otherwise it wouldn't bother you either way and you'd stick with the Wii as it is.

Won't happen in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with the Wii as it is, there's flash cards for more memory anyway and Nintendo arn't fussed about DVD players, let alone HD until its profitable to them. Don't worry, it'll be the colours and Wii-mote upgrade.

Can't you just take the flaps off? They can easily be taken off and put back on. :wink:

Yeah, and put the console horizontally.

There will without a doubt be a better wii.. All those feature that you coulndt understand why they left out plus some new ones will be included. Its the same business model as apple. Be very sad that nintendo make profit on hardware

There's a huge difference in marketing in both. Nintendo won't sell a Wii G2 with extra features as the same console, like Apple does. Nintendo needs to make their console launches great. Now if I remember well the GBA SP, Micro and DS Lite are no real changes except aestethic ones. The business model of Nintendo is very different from that of Apple's. They won't be introducing HD this year, or the year after that. Wii with HD will be like iPod with video: it's next generation and will be marketed like that. But those minor updates like the computer series with Apple are not going to happen. The set-up will not change, be sure of that. They won't introduce HD - they would need to expand in the box and need a new processor-type, cooling and old games would be difficult to play back.

I'm sure that changes will be only aesthetic. Sure of that.

am upgraded wii of some sort is a definate, most likely we'll first see multiple colour choices (in time for this xmas) but then i think a version with larger internal storage and dvd playback is likely (maybe next year though), however most of the likely upgrades could easily be done in software such as dvd (and possibly other media formats), limited HD (if the ps2 can do it theres no way the wii cant) and i'm sure you can think of other things

Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't most consoles gotten upgrades (even if they were minor) in the past? Same is going to happen to Wii too at some point.

But how small were these updates? They were iterations of the same console. The GameCube got some changes, yes, like the digital out (HD out, actually) port that was removed in the later models. But no console has extended the memory capacity yet. Actually, only a few consoles got important updates. I'm sure that Nintendo won't upgrade the internal memory. Becaause they would make us, original Wii owners, buy a new console if they're getting bigger channels loaded on the system. Hardware changes are possible, but not ones that will be important to the consumer. We won't notice. We could be seeing aa smaller version of the Wii - and maybe the next iteration will load the channels some faster. But i'm sure Nintendo won't rip me off in a year from now. If they do, it's a PS3-time for me.

More memory wouldnt necissarily mean taht the new wiis can do stuff the old ones cant , infact i highly doubt that would happen, it would just mean tha tyou could have more VC games and the like on you Wii at teh one time.

Memory upgrade

Colour change

size reduction

maybe more outlandish have it go into a drive bay in your PC. although it wouldn't surprise me if a modder does that shortly on their own, the Wii isn't exactly massive as it is

Sign in to follow this