NEurope
DiemetriX

Europe to get small PS3 covers?

I work in a game store. And Every week we get inlays for games that are coming out.

But last week we got some thing interesting.

PS3pic1.jpg

Noting special? Just a PS3 inlay? Well... wrong.

Comparing it to a normal DVD case and you'll see the difference.

PS3pic2.jpg

The only reason for that I can think off is that PS3 games in europe will get a small PS1 type cover. I asked the regional manager and he assumed that the PS3 covers will indeed be in this new format. Only seen one PS3 inlay so far. So I'm putting it as a rumor for now. I could ring my contact within Sony Norway later for confirmation.

source: http://diemetrix.blogspot.com/ :P

Personal opinion. I hope I'm wrong. I hate those small covers.

yeah, it sorta messes up dvd storage aswell, if they're designed to fit dvd size cases. otherwise...meh

The ones we got into work are the usual size but with a big black border at the top and a curved edge. I think Dom posted a pic ages ago comparing them. They are smaller and have a rounded edge...kinda like the new Universal (the record company) CDs if you've seen those.

I'm not liking the random hunk of plastic at the top. It just seems pointless.

That's where it says Playstation 3, like on the PS2 cover, but it's actually molded into the plastic instead. Doesn't really bother me now. It's just a cover and they just get piled up on the floor. :)

They're the same as Blu Ray/HD DVD cases right?

Yeah, but instead of having blu-ray disk imprinted on the top of the plastic it has playstation 3, 95% the same though.

Was in GAME yesterday and they had games on show with just the front cover of the case printed off and put on normal dvd cases.

They dont look good on normal cases but I like the look of those Domstercool has posted.

So...they dont fit in DVD tower things?

Nope....and Sony are probably gonna sell Blu-Ray towers:heh:

The Blu Ray cases are FUGLY as hell, and I've always thought so, always will, they look worste with clear plastic too. Sony have never known what good style is.

Nope....and Sony are probably gonna sell Blu-Ray towers:heh:

The Blu Ray cases are FUGLY as hell, and I've always thought so, always will, they look worste with clear plastic too. Sony have never known what good style is.

Its not just sony its HD-DVD to.

is still like them.

I actually like the Blu-Ray/HD DVD/PS3 cases, as they are a nice small sleek size (DVD Cases actually seem kinda chunky now) but the whole storage factors gonna be a bit annoying, huh.