NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Segas Secret Title...

Sega working on surprise title

Sega has something big in the works, but they aren’t letting on as to what it is. Managing Director Hideki Okamura said that Sega has plans to release a big title that will surprise everyone, and Japan will see it before the end of the year. No information was given on the title, and no specific platform was announced either…so we are left to speculate. A Ristar sequel is what I want, but I don’t think that would be very big!

Let the speculation commence!

Oh god some people are just gonna speculate so much and be convinced it's a Wii title when it will end up being a crappy PS2/3 game >.>

It always happens when there's a secret game.

Like what happened to day. I too forsee the same thing happening again. But still:

Come on Shinobi

(ps2 one was very crap, very crap indeed)

Come on Shinobi.

I would love nothing better than a Shinobi sequel, Wii specific. Would be awesome.

Hideki Okamura

Games Credited

Sonic Riders (2006), SEGA of America, Inc.

Altered Beast (2005), SEGA Europe Ltd.

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005), SEGA of America, Inc.

Sonic Gems Collection (2005), SEGA Corporation

Feel the Magic XY/XX (2004), SEGA Corporation

Puyo Pop Fever (2004), THQ, Inc.

Sonic Advance 3 (2004), THQ, Inc.

Sonic Mega Collection Plus (2004), SEGA of America, Inc.

Sonic Heroes (2003), SEGA Corporation

ChuChu Rocket! (1999), SEGA Enterprises Ltd.

Shenmue (1999), SEGA Corporation

Maybe we should use this as a basis? Im predicting a Feel the Magic sequel.

Hideki Okamura

Maybe we should use this as a basis? Im predicting a Feel the Magic sequel.

you know thats not what its going to be.it has to be a big enough series i feel.nobody gives a crap about feel the magic.i think its very likely to be nights.....but who says its a wii game?

Which narrows the list down to

Sonic Riders (2006), SEGA of America, Inc. - Wouldn't seem logical to be a secret seeing as the first wasn't well received

Altered Beast (2005), SEGA Europe Ltd. - Already on the Virtual Console, this is possible if they want to cash in and make extra VC sales along the way

Shadow the Hedgehog (2005), SEGA of America, Inc. - Received bad reviews, and wouldn't really make sense to keep it a secret

Sonic Gems Collection (2005), SEGA Corporation - There are only so many retro Sonic games, and with the Virtual Console, this really doesn't make sense

Feel the Magic XY/XX (2004), SEGA Corporation - Huge possibility that there will be a Wii sequel, as two games on the DS proved popular and I think the producer made it clear that he would like to experiment with Wii

Puyo Pop Fever (2004), THQ, Inc. - We have this on the Virtual Console already (or it's coming at least), but I wouldn't rule it out

Sonic Advance 3 (2004), THQ, Inc. - It's a GBA game, wouldn't make sense at all

Sonic Mega Collection Plus (2004), SEGA of America, Inc. - This wouldn't make sense either, as there can't be many games left to put into a collection.

Sonic Heroes (2003), SEGA Corporation - Unsure on how this was received, but with a Sonic game coming up already, it would be unwise to announce another game and steal its thunder

ChuChu Rocket! (1999), SEGA Enterprises Ltd. - Sega might want to cash in on Wii's popularity with this one

Shenmue (1999), SEGA Corporation - HUGE possibility, as this has a fanbase of millions and fans have been asking for a threequel for years.

Also altered beast had a poor performance in the ps2 outing it did. So scratch that.

last time sega did this it turned out to be that they got the rights to Matrix Online.

LMBO I remember that.

I hoping its either NiGHTS, Skies of Arcadia 2 or Shenmue 3 so that it will motivate me to play the 2nd one.

you know thats not what its going to be.it has to be a big enough series i feel.nobody gives a crap about feel the magic.i think its very likely to be nights.....but who says its a wii game?

Thing is, it'd be Yuji Naka working on NiGHTS as he has an 'emotional bond' with the title and is very nervous about making a sequel so he tends to not make it.

Your right, it may not be a wii title. My predictions are for each console:

Wii: Feel the Magic (I actually liked the game, aint hoping for a sequel, but they'l try and revive it).

Shinobi (Ninja game for the wii with motion controls? AWESOME)

PS3: Shenmue, I have a feeling they'l wanna have a graphic powerhouse for this title, may be wrong.

XBOX 360: It'd have to be something that was a multiplayer success for any previously released Sega games. Maybe Shenmue for XBOX 360, as I want the PS3 to die.

Then again, im basing my guesses off previously worked on games, but Shenmue has a high probability i do agree.

Well since it's meant to a suprise it's something no one will expect, so scratch Shenmue and Nights off that list boys.

I'm guessing Sonic Shuffle 2.

House of the Dead Wii!!!!! Please SEGA!! I've spent so much on HOTD 4 at my local cinema, and idon't want to make a fool of myself, shaking a toy gun, in public anymore!

I'd like to know what Sega's definition of a 'big' title is.

I don't have much hope for this. How many times have sega said "We're gonna announce something!" and we go "NiGHTs! NIIIIGHTS!!!!"

I have lost hope. Prove me wrong, Sega.

A decent Sonic game!!! Now that would be a surprise! lol

But seriously, my money is on it either being a something and nothing thing, or Nights!

I'd say SEGA would pop any Shenmue sequal on 360.

Since shenmue 2 flopped on the xbox and is the reason for no shenmue 3 yet. I doubt it will be on 360.

SEGA said there will be no Shenmue 3 for atleast 3-5 years since Yu Suzuki is busy with Shenmue Online.

I really want Skies of Arcadia 2!