NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

How exactly is the next-gen version of Pro Evo going to be all that different from last gen? Slightly improved physics, that's about all I can think of.

"THE MOST REALISTIC FOOTBALL GAME YET"

Wait another six months

"THE MOST REALISTIC FOOTBALL GAME YET!"

Wait some more.

How exactly is the next-gen version of Pro Evo going to be all that different from last gen? Slightly improved physics, that's about all I can think of.

"THE MOST REALISTIC FOOTBALL GAME YET"

Wait another six months

"THE MOST REALISTIC FOOTBALL GAME YET!"

Wait some more.

I agree, I mean gameplay wise what more can you significantly do to the next instalment to warrant a purchase?

Actually, Konami totally revamped the AI for the next one if we're to believe what they said to IGN. Opponents now adapt to your playing style, which is pretty awesome.

Actually, Konami totally revamped the AI for the next one if we're to believe what they said to IGN. Opponents now adapt to your playing style, which is pretty awesome.

Lets hope is more than "If your playing well, the CPU will start using cheap tactics"

Lets hope is more than "If your playing well, the CPU will start using cheap tactics"

I've got a sneaking suspicion thats exactly what it will be, but we shall see.

I really hope people realise how much effort EA are putting into the Wii and see them as a changed company on Wii. Not only are they coming for the dinero but they are actually using the features of the console (Mii integration). This is a far cry from what Konami and the pro evo license would provide. I hope the announcement that Pro Evo isn't for Wii at the moment doesn't reflect on this game as I think it could be a dark horse. Hats off to EA for having the serious footy market all to themselves.

I really hope people realise how much effort EA are putting into the Wii and see them as a changed company on Wii. Not only are they coming for the dinero but they are actually using the features of the console (Mii integration). This is a far cry from what Konami and the pro evo license would provide. I hope the announcement that Pro Evo isn't for Wii at the moment doesn't reflect on this game as I think it could be a dark horse. Hats off to EA for having the serious footy market all to themselves.

Actually alot of companies would put online and Mii intergration in their games but Nintendo arn't giving access to these features. I'll explain the reason if you want, but Nintendo are being very restrictive with these features and won't let anyone have access until 2008.

Also I think Nintendo and EA have struct up a contract over this. If Nintendo need a partner to get the casual market, it's EA, fact. Likewise, EA want a cheap platform to have a huge portion of their fanbase on, so they want to work with the Wii.

I'm happy to give EA credit as they've now got 3 Wii online games lined up (Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods) but it's unfair to be harsh to companies like Konami who are being snubbed by Nintendo.

Jammy you don't know Nintendo are snubbing Konami and have signed a contract with EA - that's ridiculous.

I'll admit it, EA are doing an incredible job on Wii - Madden, SSX, Godfather and to a lesser extent tiger Woods are all great attempts for the Wii and shows real support, thir future line up is also very encouraging. I hate Fifa, so what they are doing here is amazing in my eyes - takeing real risks, changing the game design to work with the wii rather than keeping the same design and shoe horning the wii in. It's great and I hope Fifa Wii turns out to be increible.

As for Konami, I can kind of see where they are coming from, if they don't think the Wii is good for Pro Evo then good on them for not releasing a shit version anyway, you have to applaud that. It's a shame because I love Pro Evo and I really want it on the Wii, but you can't knock Konami; it's a little unambitious and unadventuress but so be it!

Jammy you don't know Nintendo are snubbing Konami and have signed a contract with EA - that's ridiculous.

I'll admit it, EA are doing an incredible job on Wii - Madden, SSX, Godfather and to a lesser extent tiger Woods are all great attempts for the Wii and shows real support, thir future line up is also very encouraging. I hate Fifa, so what they are doing here is amazing in my eyes - takeing real risks, changing the game design to work with the wii rather than keeping the same design and shoe horning the wii in. It's great and I hope Fifa Wii turns out to be increible.

As for Konami, I can kind of see where they are coming from, if they don't think the Wii is good for Pro Evo then good on them for not releasing a shit version anyway, you have to applaud that. It's a shame because I love Pro Evo and I really want it on the Wii, but you can't knock Konami; it's a little unambitious and unadventuress but so be it!

I've spoke to many PR contacts for the website I work for. Midway basically said the reason Mortal Kombat Armeggedon wasn't online was because Nintendo weren't allowing developers to put online in games. Harmonixer, Ignition and SNK all said pretty much the same thing about online and Mii integration, and I see no reason why it's going to be different here.

Konami will develope the next PES for Wii, but there's no point when it's going to be so unappealing to most people when compared to FIFA. I'm not saying Nintendo said to Konami "No PES", I'm just saying they denied them online dev kits and Mii integration which would probably have just made the game look poor when compared to FIFA and hence sell bad and damage the franchise image for when it catches up next year.

Yeah Jammy's probably right, anyways Nintendo are notorious for doing stuff like that. The crap thing is that it means the Wii will have been out for over 6 months before devs start getting the kind of dev support they need. You know how everyone talks about getting screwed over by Nintendo's first party games? Well I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't ready to let anyone see before they got online Nintendo games released in each territory.

I was quite surprised to see Tony Hawks was coming out at the same time as MarioKart on the DS.

Yeah Jammy's probably right, anyways Nintendo are notorious for doing stuff like that. The crap thing is that it means the Wii will have been out for over 6 months before devs start getting the kind of dev support they need. You know how everyone talks about getting screwed over by Nintendo's first party games? Well I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't ready to let anyone see before they got online Nintendo games released in each territory.

I was quite surprised to see Tony Hawks was coming out at the same time as MarioKart on the DS.

It's more that Nintendo are trying to create a way to keep developement cheap and easy for third parties. The online network they're trying to make it one that is very simple for a company to put online in a game and host a server at almost no expense.

Of course, these things take time to set up. 90% of developers completely ignored the Wii due to GameCubes failures, and I think Nintendo are just ensuring third parties don't influx the Wii with a huge range of **** (Well more then there already is).

latest from Konami regarding Japanese release dates.

2007 August 2nd

PlayStation 2 J league winning eleventh 2007 club championship

2007 October

ニンテンドー DS World soccer winning eleventh DS series (temporary subject)

2007 winter

PlayStation 2, PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360 World soccer winning eleventh series (temporary subject)

Undecided

PSP® PlayStation Portable Winning eleventh series (temporary subject)

Undecided

Wii Winning eleventh series (temporary subject)

http://www.konami.jp/we/info/2007/06/2007.html

Hope the graphics get better by final release.
True! It's looking like an early/poor Gamecube game at the moment!

I've got a lot of hope for this one. FIFA07 was a tremendous football game, and I like the sound of how EA are implementing the Wii remote. Hopefully it won't all go pear-shaped and we'll end up with a very kinetic game of footie on the Wii. Which will be especially sweet considering Konami aren't bringing us PES.

Which will be especially sweet considering Konami aren't bringing us PES.

...Until a later date.

This should be good as I will be able to play against my folks due to the family mode. :D

Plus, Sunderland will maybe have a good team lol.

New FIFA08 Wii videos from Leipzig. I think that looks much sweeter than the previous video. They've really improved the pace of the ball this year by the looks of it.

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm almost ashamed to be excited about a FIFA game, but dammit this looks like it's going to be good! :D

That actually looks pretty sweet. it reminds me a lot of Sega Soccer (the camera angle that is). Still, it looks pretty PS2-ish.

That actually looks pretty sweet. it reminds me a lot of Sega Soccer (the camera angle that is). Still, it looks pretty PS2-ish.

It does, but it also looks better than any PS2 football game I've ever seen.

I like the camera angle by the way. It makes more sense from a gameplay perspective than the traditional way.

It does, but it also looks better than any PS2 football game I've ever seen.

I like the camera angle by the way. It makes more sense from a gameplay perspective than the traditional way.

...But lest we forget... YOU CAN CHANGE THE CAMERA ANGLE IN ANY MODERN FOOTBALL GAME!!! Don't be fooled.