NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

No, I cannot see anything for this in the instruction booklet. What games currently offer this mode as Pro Evo doesn't (as you stated). How is it better? Isn't it harder to play a pass into space thus hoping a CPU character (before you take manual control) takes you towards the ball? it sounds difficult. I know it can work for long balls but for short passing in the midfield isn't direction passing better?

I'm sure if you hold A longer (ala PES) it plays to the further away player. isn't that similar to gauging the power yourself??

I'm interested, reply in good time :)

older fifa titles allowed for it...

I think theres some confusion, it allows you to play it where you want - you can in pro evo (use the 2nd anologue). Its not a new feature!

Got this today, seems pretty solid, don't want to make my mind up yet though.

Huge problem with the shooting though, when I waggle the remote I normally never get past the first quarter of the power bar. What am I doing wrong? I can still score but it makes it near impossible from outside the area :/.

Got my copy today (should have been here last Wednesday/Thursday).

The controls seem very iffy.

Got this today, seems pretty solid, don't want to make my mind up yet though.

Huge problem with the shooting though, when I waggle the remote I normally never get past the first quarter of the power bar. What am I doing wrong? I can still score but it makes it near impossible from outside the area :/.

Make faster sharper movements with it or swing it harder.

I think theres some confusion, it allows you to play it where you want - you can in pro evo (use the 2nd anologue). Its not a new feature!

but it is very flawed. using the 2nd anologue to pass does not work at all. I do not know one person who thinks this is a good feature.

Tapedeck i find manual passing better as it is my fault when losing the ball if I misjudge the power and direction rather than the CPU. The same with making a successful pass. Trust making a 40 yard pass knowing it was all down to you is a great feeling.

I like manual throughballs as sometimes in past FIFA games and PES I would have two runners and I would aim left for example but the CPU directs the pass right instead. I would find that so annoying! having the ability to direct power and direction really helps.

How do they work in FIFA 08 on Wii?

Manual shooting is hard on FIFA 08 360/PS3 but again when you get it right it feels good. I not sure what the shooting is like in the Wii game but on the old PS2/Xbox games you never felt you were in control of the shots. sometimes it would go wide or hit the net but you never felt it was you actually deciding where the ball goes.

Sorry for all the questions but I can not try out the game as it has not been released in Japan.

I am enjyoing this, but my God what the hell is up with the shot power? I never ever seem to get it above the first quarter, no matter how fast or far I swing the Wii Remote.

What am I doing wrong or is the game just faulty? I've seriously tried everything it just doesn't help.

Where is the love for this game?

I've had it for a few weeks, and I absolutely love it to bits. I was a bit cautious about how the Wii controls would be used, but some of the ideas here are excellent. Using a swipe for a sliding tackle, and flinging the remote up or down for a shot is pretty good.

As far as footie games go, I have to admit that I do find this game to be very enjoyable. There's very little I don't like about it, and there's quite a few neat touches, such as tilting the nunchuk to add spin on the ball for corners and freekicks. Great stuff.

I love it too. I'm on it all the time! Been playing it constantly since launch, and still find it a very satisfying approach to footie on the Wii. There's a couple of things I'd like looking at for the next game, obviously the lack of content being one issue. But I'd like to see a better system for crossing the ball. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, but all my crosses head straight for the keeper. Nine times out of ten. On the subject of crossing, I definitely feel a remote gesture should be used for it next time. There's no need to double up buttons when you have such a multi-faceted controller like the Wii remote and nunchuck combo to make the most of.

But yeah, even without a manager mode of any real sort I'm still loving the football here. It's definitely the best FIFA I've ever played I reckon.

Yeah, I second the positivity this title is receiving. I still feel Pro Evo is the better game due to the close control you have over every individual, yet this is brilliant and it's a great game to play with others. I still think FIFA needs a little work on the "feel" of the players but it's by far a fab game of football and is WAAAAAY better than previous versions.

Exciting, arcade football FTW!

I'm sorry guys...I got this and I returned it the next day. For me, the waggle just over complicates something that should be quick and simple. I thought EA were focusing on some sort of pro skill thing, you know, something different...But equal, but in my opinion this isn't any of the above.

When simplicity is the key, waggle is probably not the best move.