NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

In regards to crossing ....As long as you hold down A button whilst doing a quick "slash" of the wiimote it should be fine. After doing the training modes I find the set-pieces to be brilliant!

Also, about the lag online:

I've had no problems since accepting games with connection qualities of 4/5 bars. I think (fingers crossed) it is ok now :D

Yay, I'm getting a review copy of this :D.

Will see you online in about a week me thinks, hope it's good!

lucky bugger Jammy ;P You'll love this. It's sublime. As previously stated: it's the best FIFA since 1996!!

Im loving it still. Just played a mate online and won 3-0 was a great game!

I just need to learn the skills a bit better and sort out my shooting and I'll be a tough cookie to beat!

I love the cut move (C button, and a move either left or right on the remote when you're jogging). It reminds me of the same move on the old PES3 and 4 games on the PS2, where you did the same but with R2 and a wiggle of the analogue, and it's just as effective.

Still no reviews around the net though. Websites are terrified of reviewing Wii games!

yeah only seen ign's and onm small 1 but even though games trailers have done xbox 360 and ps3 one still no wii one and heard even less about fifa 08 ds

Are player transfers as outdated as in the ds game? eg. Does Chivu still play for Roma?

yeah only seen ign's and onm small 1 but even though games trailers have done xbox 360 and ps3 one still no wii one and heard even less about fifa 08 ds

My brother got Fifa 08 on the DS at the weekend. I have played a few games (a couple with him over single cart multiplay) and, I have to say, I'm quite impressed. Loads of teams and leagues, official kits in many places, different stadiums, different weather conditions, exact pro evolution soccer button layout, online modes, scenarios, creating your own crowd chants (according to my brother- I haven't seen that in action other than the 07 game) and decent commentary from Clive Tyldsley. It also has transfers.

Best DS football game yet, in my opinion. May have to get it myself in future..

It's a shame this isn't being heavily reviewed as it's superb. I may sound obsessed with this but I was just so completely caught off guard by it that it has become my favourite game on the Wii - Just edging out The Godfather. This needs to be played by more people.

I'll have my site's review up by the weekend :lol:.

Provided it arrives tommorow :(.

it that it has become my favourite game on the Wii. This needs to be played by more people.

Agreed 100%

Great game, just pure and simple fun! (and not in an OTT sense like Mario Strikers)

Multiplayer is a great laugh when you have 2 people swinging their arms everywhere!

If anyone is sitting on the fence with this game, hesitate no more and get down to your nearest store!

Agreed 100%

Great game, just pure and simple fun! (and not in an OTT sense like Mario Strikers)

Multiplayer is a great laugh when you have 2 people swinging their arms everywhere!

If anyone is sitting on the fence with this game, hesitate no more and get down to your nearest store!

I wasn't even near the garden, but now I'm on the fence from all the positive feedback on here. It'll have to wait until after MP3 as I don't have my Wii at the moment, and probably wont get it back until near the 25th.

The transfers need to be updated but not dramatically so. It can be easily done though in the dedicated transfer section.

The transfers need to be updated but not dramatically so. It can be easily done though in the dedicated transfer section.

EA said it updated via online...

tbh i dont know if it works at all because Ive saved new squads a few times and when ive put the game on again the players are all back at their old clubs. Maybe someone can help me here. I always save - But players go back.

So after you doa transfer and then SAVE CLUBS it puts the players you moved back again? Well I'll just do it manually then. Though thst pretty stupid!

The game gets even better when you get used to the more advanced controls - the tricks primarily, but also the chipped shot, faked shot etc. The game is simply awesome. How come we havent started having online matches with us lot!?!

Ha hah! Found a review at last. Go here. It's only a small site judging by the forums, but still it's a Wii review! "Less initiative"? I think he means intuitive, but otherwise I agree with it really.

I was standing in a shop the other day with this and SPM in each hand, and opted for SPM. Regretting it now as I'm not enjoying it much.

Is there a career mode at all?

No Stuwii. In tournament mode you can play ANY league or cup competition in the world.

You guys may have just convinced me to buy it tommorow.

Think is Im an avid pro fan. I like my football fluid and realistic and most importantly fun.

Should I still get it tommorow!?