NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

What camera is everyone using now? Once I got good with the controls, I switched it over to Tele, which is a side view camera. It works just as well as the FreeMotion one. In fact I prefer it tbh.

Im using the same. I did like freemotion but there was just something about it that didnt feel right. Now im used to the controls tele view works fine for me :)

Yeah played it till 3 am - on my own! Which is bizarre for a football game with me! Really loving it. I use dynamic cam zoomed in full and lowered full.

I didnt know White Hart Lane wa a stadium in the game - thats made me very happy! And you can buy the lovely Surs third kit in the game :)

Me and my housemates are having a beer and gaming night tonight, think Fifas going to get some serious playtime!

You have played only the wii version or also the ps3 or xbox360?I just heard that the wii version has better gameplay than the others and i wonder if this is just because the wiimote makes it more fun or it makes it more realistic..

You have played only the wii version or also the ps3 or xbox360?I just heard that the wii version has better gameplay than the others and i wonder if this is just because the wiimote makes it more fun or it makes it more realistic..

Well it's both really! I know that doesn't help you, but it's certainly a bit more realistic than last years version, and the remote definitely adds to the fun. I've not played the 360 or PS3 versions, but I haven't found the Wii version lacking from a gameplay point of view. Why not pop into a store and try it out. Do bear in mind though, that it's a bit of a sod at first to get used to the controls.

Took the plunge & got this last night, i'm glad i did, really enjoyin it. Controls are a bugger at first but once you get used to them are really intuitive.Playing it on Tele view, can't get used to the default top view even though i used to play sensi and kick off.

I had a quick go on the extra's. Table football is so realistically frustrating but fun.

Can anyone tell me how to put good crosses in or is the crossing system just a bit shit? I remember the crossing being crap in the old fifas too. Shame as i love wingplay in these games but my crosses are always floaters and the keeper cacthes them - on pro evo (sorry to bring it up) you have 3 great crosses - lofter, whipped in and low; fantastic. Wish Fifa had the equivelant, please tell me it has!

Can anyone tell me how to put good crosses in or is the crossing system just a bit shit? I remember the crossing being crap in the old fifas too. Shame as i love wingplay in these games but my crosses are always floaters and the keeper cacthes them - on pro evo (sorry to bring it up) you have 3 great crosses - lofter, whipped in and low; fantastic. Wish Fifa had the equivelant, please tell me it has!

think it has same problems as past versions in that the ball is too floaty. It is more heavy on 360/PS3 version.

Check out the manual - there's a load of whipped crosses etc. For a good start try A + B for the cross. The longer you hold B down, the faster and further the ball travels, though in practice I always just hold both down for the longer ball since it's a bit more intuitive and produces the same results. The Football Academy tells you all about things like this, and it's worth your time having a go through it.

Well it's both really! I know that doesn't help you, but it's certainly a bit more realistic than last years version, and the remote definitely adds to the fun. I've not played the 360 or PS3 versions, but I haven't found the Wii version lacking from a gameplay point of view. Why not pop into a store and try it out. Do bear in mind though, that it's a bit of a sod at first to get used to the controls.

thanx for the reply..I have to say I am impressed from this positive talk about the wii version of Fifa 08..Everyone says that this is a fun game and many people say this is the best fifa they have played..I guess this is good for the Wii and epsecially for a kind of games(soccer) that we had many doupts at how will appear on this console.

thanx for the reply..I have to say I am impressed from this positive talk about the wii version of Fifa 08..Everyone says that this is a fun game and many people say this is the best fifa they have played..I guess this is good for the Wii and epsecially for a kind of games(soccer) that we had many doupts at how will appear on this console.

if you want pure simulation than the 360/PS3 version is the best. Some people may not like it as it is hard game to master and is a slower paced game. The Wii version is arcady with more end to end football.

got this,, its fun, online is great, will keep me going till every version of pes 2008 is out :)

pes on wii could be something really special, fifa is a good start

Khilfha I think you've got it wrong, to say the 360 version is more simulation is making out it is a GOOD simulation when it isnt, its not slow in a good way. The game is just trying to be like Pro Evo and FAILS heavily! The Wii version is slightly more arcadey (and in football terms i still prefer pro Evo), but its a different gae to pro evo and brilliant in its own way (like i said the best fifa since the first in my eyes). If you want a faster slightly more arcadey feel then get the Wii Fifa, if you want a sim get Pro Evo (or both) either way DO NOT get fifa on 360 or PS3 - Ive only played 360 version but Im guessing both versions are the same.

Anyways, thanks for the help K project, but that IS what im doing, but its just not good enough in my eyes. Oh well. Guess the crossing is just pretty crap again. never mind, a small flaw in otherwise great game is good going.

EDIT.

Finally!!!

I figured it out. A good whipped cross in, when you're in the crossing zone if you flick the wiimote up (to hoof it or shoot normally) then it puts in a good cross in. Im so pleased about this!

I love this game offline and it's even disloged my HEAVILY patched PC pro-evo 6 as my fav footy game!

BUT....

I'm yet to win a game online and it's frustrating. I get the most obscene amount of lag at times and I press pass and it passes a second or two later...Therefore.....

I can't win online as I'm playing like a conference team. Annoying. I've got wireless internet and my room is upstairs so the signal isn't exactly the strongest but I have no problems on the DS and Mario Strikers plays fine. I'm wondernig is it just FIFA or do I need to use a LAN cable?

Indeed Strikers had a turbulent few launch days.

I've found the answer!! I went into a lobby and looked at the connection quality. Now it plays like a d-ream! Perfect. And I can add buddies and play them again and bitch lyrical and talk 'the slap!'. Wow! Blown away by this :)

I'm beginning to think this is AGAIN one of those 'suprise! I'm a good-game' on the Wii. (Ala Excitetruck and The Godfather.)

If anyone wants to add me on EANation I'm 'Tapedeck' - Obviously ;)

I figured it out. A good whipped cross in, when you're in the crossing zone if you flick the wiimote up (to hoof it or shoot normally) then it puts in a good cross in. Im so pleased about this!

Thanks Dazzy, I tried this online, shot from deep right and it took a wicked deflection and went in. Back of the net!!! :D

Hi guys, noob here.

i have got the new fifa and i love it. one problem - i cant connect the 2ed player's wii remote! it says press A but i do and nothing...

in wii sports it never takes more than 5 seconds...

got any ideas? what should i click on? is it in the menus maybe???

please helpp!

and thx in advance...

p.s.

sweet game!

Hi guys, noob here.

i have got the new fifa and i love it. one problem - i cant connect the 2ed player's wii remote! it says press A but i do and nothing...

in wii sports it never takes more than 5 seconds...

got any ideas? what should i click on? is it in the menus maybe???

please helpp!

and thx in advance...

p.s.

sweet game!

Don't own the game, but are the wiimotes paired to the console? If not, do this: press and hold the red button under the front lid, and press the red button in the battery compartment of the wiimote. Repeat for each wiimote you want to have registered. Might do the trick :)

If they're already paired, maybe the batteries are running on empty?

Khilfha I think you've got it wrong, to say the 360 version is more simulation is making out it is a GOOD simulation when it isnt, its not slow in a good way. The game is just trying to be like Pro Evo and FAILS heavily! The Wii version is slightly more arcadey (and in football terms i still prefer pro Evo), but its a different gae to pro evo and brilliant in its own way (like i said the best fifa since the first in my eyes). If you want a faster slightly more arcadey feel then get the Wii Fifa, if you want a sim get Pro Evo (or both) either way DO NOT get fifa on 360 or PS3 - Ive only played 360 version but Im guessing both versions are the same.

Anyways, thanks for the help K project, but that IS what im doing, but its just not good enough in my eyes. Oh well. Guess the crossing is just pretty crap again. never mind, a small flaw in otherwise great game is good going.

EDIT.

Finally!!!

this isnt really the place to argue about it but it is not trying to be like Pro Evo. FIFA makes you look around, take your time and pass the ball looking for openings just like in real life. Please tell me exactly how it is trying to be like Pro Evo?

quote from Euro Gamer review of FIFA 08

The distinction between PES6 and FIFA 08 proved so wide, it was almost hard to believe they were the same sport. And herein lies the age-old conundrum. Which is better, the slow, considered simulation or the madness and mayhem of arcade-inspired action? Well, as with all such decisions, it totally depends on what type of experience you're looking for and how much time you're willing to invest before you master it.

So, to finish off, we come to the inevitable question. PES or FIFA? Well, perhaps the most pertinent point here is that FIFA 08 now feels more like an alternative to PES rather than a direct rival, due to its slower, more considered and realistic approach. The two series feel very much like they're on opposite ends of the spectrum now, with both possessing a host of merits, but ultimately providing two very different experiences. Maybe it's time we stopped torturing ourselves about which is better and started thinking about what kind of footy experience we're looking for, then make our decisions based on that instead. Now there's a thought...

What a cobblers review. I think I just about disagreed with every point made, and it just sounds like a fanboy's love letter to PES. Do these people actually play the games they review? What's all that about last years version being "closer to PES than - frankly - we’d ever imagined it getting"? I don't know about you, but I feel that more than ever before FIFA has become it's own game and not some cheapo, fully licensed knock-off of PES. I used to play both FIFA 07 and PES5 when I had my Xbox, and I have to say they were different enough to warrant owning both, and they both had loads to offer the football fan. I never once thought, "isn't FIFA07 really similar to PES"? Because it isn't remotely.

I've long been a PES/ISS fan, and have also since '99 been playing the FIFA games too. I can't speak for the PS2 version of 08 (which is what they're reviewing here isn't it?) but for me the Wii version is the best FIFA I've ever played.

Hmmm, through further play my whipped cross by flicking up is actually just the player shooting which turns itself into a whipped cross occassionally - DAMN!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried holding the C button down while performing the cross the usual way (A+B)? That's what I've been doing for faster crosses. It sounds a bit complicated, but it's not in practice.

I get the most obscene amount of lag at times and I press pass and it passes a second or two later...Therefore.....

I can't win online as I'm playing like a conference team. Annoying. I've got wireless internet and my room is upstairs so the signal isn't exactly the strongest but I have no problems on the DS and Mario Strikers plays fine. I'm wondernig is it just FIFA or do I need to use a LAN cable?

I appreciate that since that comment you have had a couple of lag free games but I'm wondering if that is down to pure luck rather than connection quality.

I only ask because Madden is also plaqued , and has been since launch , by the same second or two delay problems (amongst others) so I assume this is likely down to problems with EA Nation servers.

There has been a couple of games I have played that were lag free but it honestly feels like luck more than anything else.