NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

Ahhhh, how I laugh when I see gameplay videos of this compared to PES... And that coming from an ex-Fifa devotee is not to be taken lightly, I assure you that.

Good to see the game in motion in the more common view.

Still looks stale when compared to that other football game though.

Oh, and by the way, the "waggle" to tackle in SMS felt tacky. Could'n get used to it, which led to me trading the game for Zelda (which I adore).

Waggling to use the sword in Zelda was the dumbest thing ever imo.

I thought and still think it's horrible. They should have at least made the direction of the slashes translate. Crippled TP for me.:shakehead

The sword slashing in Twilight Princess:

I personally thought that it was a good way to see how tactile feedback could lend itself in an action RPG environment. 1:1 movement would have been "adored" by everyone I'm sure. No-one would have marked TP %'s lower in their minds all for 1:1 sword slashing.

As the "first" action game to include sword slashing via player movement I felt it was a worthwhile inclusion and (at times) it felt like an astonishing moment in the development of a 'fleeting' virtual reality system. A first step if you will.

I'm sure the holy grail of 1:1 will make us all happier one day. :indeed:

Didn't say I loved the waggling. Just Zelda. The gestures in the game aren't spot-on all the time, but seeing as it is a gamecube title and a release game, I found it refreshing, but not astonishingly awesome. The pointer incorporations were, however :)

All in all, it's my opinion that Zelda made far better use of the Wii's interactive capabilities than Mario Strikers did, mostly because it was put to use more intuitively.

I gonna wait to I read people's impressions before i think about getting this. Pre-ordered the 360 version as it is too damn good!!

Pre-ordered the 360 version as it is too damn good!!

Is it? I haven't had the chance to play it...What's good about it??

I didn't mind it when playing in human form, I liked it especially in the 3rd temple boss battle. But it didn't fit at all in wolf form.

The PS2 version looks ok (similar to last years effort as ever) and seems to have the "pro evo" imitation nailed.

The 360 game has been slaughtered admittedly (by IGN). In regards to teams NOT playing at Wembley for the final...This happens in all previous versions of the game i'm sure. Not just this year's 360 version. But I agree it kills the mood when you get to the final and your playing at a league 2 club ground. God awful. FIFA lol. You never know what you're getting.

The PS2 version looks ok (similar to last years effort as ever) and seems to have the "pro evo" imitation nailed.

The 360 game has been slaughtered admittedly (by IGN). In regards to teams NOT playing at Wembley for the final...This happens in all previous versions of the game i'm sure. Not just this year's 360 version. But I agree it kills the mood when you get to the final and your playing at a league 2 club ground. God awful. FIFA lol. You never know what you're getting.

that review was BS. in manager mode all the cup dates are correct. the review makes no mention of that. he hardly mentions any gameplay issues. Seems he is upset that on FIFA you have to work hard to create chances. read the review on http://www.fifasoccerblog.com

it is a well balanced review. oh and joypad (french) magazine scored PES2008 on PS3 7/10, FIFA 08 8/10. First time they scored FIFA higher.

FIFA VS Pro Evo scores aren't even worth noting anymore because it seems people are tiring of Pro Evo because it only has MINOR updates every year whereas FIFA is working doubly-hard to catch up to Pro Evo's standards. So FIFA gets higher marks yet Pro Evo remains stagnant. (That's my take on it anyhoo).

Pro Evo is still miles ahead of FIFA in the gameplay department but I'm really looking forward to this years FIFA Wii offering due to new features and the fact that the players look like they actually have necks...The "last gen" models could be REALLY hideous! They looked like Quasimodo at times. I don't think it was a good idea to mo-cap all players using Peter Beardsley (The legend that is).

I cant eblieve this is out friday. Im dying to know if its any good. is it me, or have sites and mags NOT even played the normal football game? I havent seen any impressions other than the minigames. This is very worrying!!!

I was going to order it from play but without a review or opinions of any kind I'm not going to risk it, though if it is good I would love to have it!!!

Yeh.. I can't believe there are no opinions on it yet :hmm: I'm really interested to see what sort of reviews this game gets. I have been keeping an eye on it, but I've been firmly in the Pro Evo camp for years now and am more looking forward to it than this.

It's good to see EA are putting in the effort though, and with online I may just be tempted if it plays a good game of football!

I'm not exactly a fan of the sport but if EA had extended the interactive leagues to include The Championship* then I may have considered a purchase. Otherwise I just can't see me wanting to play this long enough to justify a purchase.

* The chances of me using and winning with my favoured team otherwise would be remote to say the least.

I do know that the Wii version does not have manager (career) mode.

No Be a Pro either. I don't mind it. I've pre-ordered Wii and 360 versions and both been dispatched today I'll probably end up sending back the Wii one unless the controls are good.

And also will the PAL version support 480p or not? :confused:

I do know that the Wii version does not have manager (career) mode.

How do you know this? That's really annoying if it's true. Even the GC version of 07 had that. I don't think I would have bought it if I'd known.

So all we get is a bunch of leagues to play through? Back to play.com with this then!

How do you know this? That's really annoying if it's true. Even the GC version of 07 had that. I don't think I would have bought it if I'd known.

So all we get is a bunch of leagues to play through? Back to play.com with this then!

people who got it early have confirmed it.. sucks big time!!

(If this is true) EA are fooking pi$$ing me off! They cry about not supporting the Wii as fully as they should have, then they give us inferior software for no damn reason but ignorance. But this is proof of what happens when all those party games sell like hotcakes; we get MORE! And look now how EA has turned a full blown game into a Wii lite, casual friendly, happy-happy-song sort of game. Whyyy? >(

To be fair to EA they have put a lot of effort into the Wii and really pushed the hardware from a control point of view. If fifas crap its not from a lack of trying.

Instead we get a bunch of silly mini games

You know...I'd rather have the minigames.