NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

To me, the screens we've seen look like they're from a tutorial/training ground mode. Hence why you see that picture telling you how to throw. Maybe that explains the view.

You can normally change it anyway, it's no biggy.

That's true but it has been mentioned by EA that they are using the top down view shown in the picture as the default one.

This could be the beauty of the Wii, having a FIFA which is unique yet offers a Pro Evo game which is more akin to the traditional setup. - Something for everyone.

I don't know if anyone is aware of this but, according to this months NGamer magazine, producer of Pro Evo Shingo "seabass" Takatsuka has, apparently had some trouble mapping the controls to the wii remote. The publication responds with humour stating they are sure he will work it out.

Interesting.

I don't know if anyone is aware of this but, according to this months NGamer magazine, producer of Pro Evo Shingo "seabass" Takatsuka has, apparently had some trouble mapping the controls to the wii remote. The publication responds with humour stating they are sure he will work it out.

Someone give him a copy of Mario Strikers.

..the 'bass could get rid of the sprint button for a start, perhaps? What is the point in it really, can't they just make it so that the analogue stick controls the speed of the player depending on how far you push it?

And then get some motion beat in.. there were some good ideas earlier in another thread..

I just hope it doesn't get to the stage where this becomes an 'excuse' not to release Pro Evolution Soccer, because it would be ridiculous.

Strikers does work extremely well...In the context of its genre. It's more like a brawler with its TACKLE! PASS! SHOOT!! ethos. (Probably in that order!)

Pro Evo's intracies could indeed be difficult to map onto the wii-mote...Yet if 'bassy' is just 'mapping' this insinuates it's merely a port with updated rosters.

Now that the PS3, XBOX 360, VISTA gaming platforms are in swing I'm sure Pro Evo will go "next gen" rather than simply a higher resolution (ala XBOX 360 Pro Evo 6). The Pro Evo engine has been held back by the PS2 version selling like hot cakes for a few years now. Even the PC versions have been held back graphically.

I really think this years version could be the last of the "current gen" versions. IE High Resolution on 360, PS2 version being normal, and Wii version being similar to the PS2 version - Maybe crisper? (Oh, doesn't M$ still have the rights for the Next Gen version of Pro Evo? - Leaving the PS3 version non-existant?)

It will be interesting to see what 'bassy' makes Pro Evo like for Wii. I'm just glad it's being talked about considering we got SHAFTED on the Gamecube having only got Pro Evo (2?). I dont think I'll ever get over that - For that matter I don't think the good ol' cube got over it...In Europe anyhoo.

Oh well, until then...Strikers feeds my footy addiction.

I think a more Acradey ISS style game would better suit the Wii. Why not use the pointer to direct your passes? Hover over another player and press a button to pass to them or direct it into open space for someone to run on to. Could be hand for directing shots too - after you release 'shoot' the direction you point the remote dictates where the shot goes. Players with a higher accuracy rating would hit closer to where you aim as well.

On topic - Hope FIFA 08 plays well, ust in case we never see Pro Evo/ISS on Wii.

The only chance of getting ISS is in one place. The Virtual Console. Yet with old players (Like Konami's Alan Shelia!) I doubt it will happen.

Strikers does work extremely well...In the context of its genre. It's more like a brawler with its TACKLE! PASS! SHOOT!! ethos. (Probably in that order!)

Pro Evo's intracies could indeed be difficult to map onto the wii-mote...Yet if 'bassy' is just 'mapping' this insinuates it's merely a port with updated rosters.

Now that the PS3, XBOX 360, VISTA gaming platforms are in swing I'm sure Pro Evo will go "next gen" rather than simply a higher resolution (ala XBOX 360 Pro Evo 6). The Pro Evo engine has been held back by the PS2 version selling like hot cakes for a few years now. Even the PC versions have been held back graphically.

I really think this years version could be the last of the "current gen" versions. IE High Resolution on 360, PS2 version being normal, and Wii version being similar to the PS2 version - Maybe crisper? (Oh, doesn't M$ still have the rights for the Next Gen version of Pro Evo? - Leaving the PS3 version non-existant?)

It will be interesting to see what 'bassy' makes Pro Evo like for Wii. I'm just glad it's being talked about considering we got SHAFTED on the Gamecube having only got Pro Evo (2?). I dont think I'll ever get over that - For that matter I don't think the good ol' cube got over it...In Europe anyhoo.

Oh well, until then...Strikers feeds my footy addiction.

Well we got WE6 FE which was a much better version of Pro Evo 2. more like Pro Evo 2.5 which never got released in Europe. too be honest Japanese GC owners have themselves too blame. the game sold done horrible sales so Konami decided to drop the GC when it come too winning eleven games.

as for the future it is pretty up in the air at the moment. Winning Eleven J-League + Europe Leagues 06/07 is coming out on PS2 in August. very strange as normally we see Winning Eleven World Soccer (Pro Evo in Europe) out around that time. the J-League games normally come out later in the year after Pro Evo in Europe is released.

Now if Pro Evo 7 comes out in october/november like it normally does when is Winning Eleven 11 suppose to come out? the game always come out in Japan first so have no idea if Pro Evo 7 is gonna be delayed this year? Seabass still not made any mention of WE11 or PES7 (next-gen) on PS3/360 so maybe it won't come out till 2008.

If the Wii gets a version it will be using the PS2 engine so basically good game but getting very stale and predictable.

Genuinely excited for this now. The Eurogamer interview also mentioned that the more traditional viewpoint will be present. (Whoop whoop for old school). The developers also seem genuinely excited to be working with the Wii due to the creative drive the console seems to add to the franchise. I also like the fact they have been taking a leaf out of Nintendo's book by looking at ways of educating the player. Most people will cite the XBox graphics quotes and the fact Strikers includes co-op online yet FIFA won't - But I think they will be missing the point. As a first step onto the Wii...EA have to be applauded for their embrace of the platform and the ideas put into play. If you need to see just how much love the Wii is getting; look at the first FIFA for the XBOX360...

Your move Konami...

Well we got WE6 FE which was a much better version of Pro Evo 2. more like Pro Evo 2.5 which never got released in Europe. too be honest Japanese GC owners have themselves too blame. the game sold done horrible sales so Konami decided to drop the GC when it come too winning eleven games.

This is still twisted logic. The Pro Evo franchise sells extremely well in the UK yet Konami didn't even release it on our shores to see if it would sell here. This is a ridiculous notion when you look at the original XBOX which, sold about 3 systems in Japan. And did Konami release WE on the XBOX? I dont recollect it. But THEY DID eventually release Pro Evo for the XBOX in the UK.

Which is illogical when they had WE6 FE code fully running on the Cube. Were Konami just too boozy, lazy, greedy or possibly all three to convert to PAL?

There are many reasons...I think. (However, I digress. It's still a sore point)! But I'll leave it for someone else to dwell on now. Endex.

Were Konami just too boozy, lazy, greedy or possibly all three to convert to PAL.
The bad sales of WE6FE simply proved the GameCube was a bad market for Pro Evo and they'd be better of spending their money on other things. I hope the Wii will have them reconsider it.

This game should prove a good example, I hope.

I pretty sure by the time WE6FE was released on the GC, Sony had an exclusive deal for Pro Evo in Europe. I think Pro Evo 4 was the first game to be released on the xbox. Maybe Konami lost all confidence in the GC in all regions by then.

...EA have to be applauded for their embrace of the platform and the ideas put into play. If you need to see just how much love the Wii is getting; look at the first FIFA for the XBOX360...

Your move Konami...

Tapedeck, you certainly have to be applauded for this post. I whole-heartedly agree, they've been fantastic!

posting here as couldnt find PES thread. No mention of Wii version

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797221p1.html

UK, June 18, 2007 - Konami has lifted the lid on the first details for the next Pro Evo game and has promised that it will be "the closest simulation of real football to date." Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (working title) will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP and DS later this year and boasts what Konami is calling "a revolution in player artificial intelligence" -- dubbed Teamvision, which enables the opposition to learn your style of player and adapt their tactics accordingly.

posting here as couldnt find PES thread. No mention of Wii version

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797221p1.html

UK, June 18, 2007 - Konami has lifted the lid on the first details for the next Pro Evo game and has promised that it will be "the closest simulation of real football to date." Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (working title) will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP and DS later this year and boasts what Konami is calling "a revolution in player artificial intelligence" -- dubbed Teamvision, which enables the opposition to learn your style of player and adapt their tactics accordingly.

I saw that earlier, but I think this may be because a Wii instalment is maybe getting the individual development it deserves*wishful thinking*, but I would be very surprised if we didn't see a football game from konami this year.

Keep eyes peeled at E3.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Konami don't even make a football game for the Wii.. other than something like Mickey Mouse Soccer or something..

*shakes fist*

The fact that there's a PS2 version raises hope for me, anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if they took PS2 version, add Wii controls and release it.

I wouldn't mind that. It's Pro Evolution Soccer after all. I hope they will add that advanced AI though.

I hate to piss on peoples fire here, but why can't they just issue us a basic concept similar to Wii Sprots but in depth, With teams, bring out a glove and sock and were sorted.

At the end of the day guys...

Fifa 360 + PS3 >>>>>> Fifa Wii

PES 360 + PS3>>>>>>PES Wii...

Don't get me wrong I like the ideas they are showing, but just give me something simple, yet oh so satisfying...

Well, maybe you should try it out before judging. The Wii goes beyond Wii Sports you know.

For one thing, I'm pretty sure that attaching a Wiimote to your foot is not the way to go.

I hate to piss on peoples fire here, but why can't they just issue us a basic concept similar to Wii Sprots but in depth, With teams, bring out a glove and sock and were sorted.

At the end of the day guys...

Fifa 360 + PS3 >>>>>> Fifa Wii

PES 360 + PS3>>>>>>PES Wii...

Don't get me wrong I like the ideas they are showing, but just give me something simple, yet oh so satisfying...

Im sorry but I couldn't disagree with you more.

I don't know what part of that statement to tackle first to be honest.

but I'll go with

1) Judging a game before you've played or even seen it in motion is an unwise thing to do

2) Attaching the Wiimote to the foot is definitely NOT the way to go!

3) New PES 360/PS3 has barely been shown and the Wii one isn't even announced yet.

4) Why would FIFA be like Wii Sports in its Simplicity just because its on wii?

Well, maybe you should try it out before judging. The Wii goes beyond Wii Sports you know.

For one thing, I'm pretty sure that attaching a Wiimote to your foot is not the way to go.

I know but for Multi Console owners, I would much rather have the Next Gen version.

I just can't see it working, however I hope I'm wrong...