NEurope
stuwii

FIFA 2008

Hopefully EA have improved their directional movement sensing since MoH...

Wow that sounds great. Can't wait to give it a try.

I guess this is built from the PS2 engine right? I not sure about them controls. I would rather use the buttons.

I guess this is built from the PS2 engine right? I not sure about them controls. I would rather use the buttons.

Ditto. Mario Strikers plays great, and that mainly uses buttons.

The Sensible Soccer view looks odd, too. Especially with widescreen TVs.

BUTTON GAMES SIMILAR TO THIS ARE GOOD, THEREFORE THEY SHOULDN'T EXPERIMENT WITH MOTION CONTROLS AND SHOULD STICK TO BUTTONS. ESPECIALLY WITH THEIR TRACK RECORD OF CREATING GREAT MOTION-CONTROLLED SPORTS GAMES.

Gimme a break, this looks awesome.

Gimme a break, this looks awesome.

If they have gotten round the "some people move downwards slightly before they flick up" problem that ruined MoH's nunchuck controls, It'll work. Knowing EA, controls will probably be configurable.

If they have gotten round the "some people move downwards slightly before they flick up" problem that ruined MoH's nunchuck controls, It'll work. Knowing EA, controls will probably be configurable.

Maybe you should get over doing the inputs wrong seeing when you know how they work?

Maybe you should get over doing the inputs wrong seeing when you know how they work?

I don't think of the controller when playing. I just do. Thats how it should be.

wtf mii's in fifa?

why????

For the mini games, what's wrong with that?

It's an additional feature over the other versions!

For the mini games, what's wrong with that?

It's an additional feature over the other versions!

O right, if it just for the mini games it's fine.

Not really impressed at all.

The Motion controls sound a bit tacked on to me, as it seems like the have used motion controls even when it much more effective to press a button.

eg. move controller forward to shoot!?

Here's hoping konami don't mess up, the controls of thier football game.

Well Madden's controls seemed "tacked on" looking at it but apparently they made the game as a whole more immersive and enjoyable.

Well Madden's controls seemed "tacked on" looking at it but apparently they made the game as a whole more immersive and enjoyable.

Well, they didn't to me and I own Madden 07 for Wii so I can tell you first hand that the contols are awesome, excellent in almost every department. But the differences between this and Madden are innumerable.

Im definitely buying Madden 08 but this is going on the keep-an-eye out pile as I really believe the controls just aren't well thought out.

Well, they didn't to me and I own Madden 07 for Wii so I can tell you first hand that the contols are awesome, excellent in almost every department.

Im definitely buying Madden 08.

QFT , and IMO still the best 3rd party use of the Wii controls.

Personally I won't be buying this as I dislike the sport but IF EA manage to achieve the same level of success with the controls as they did with Madden then soccer loving Wii fans will have something to get excited about.

Exactly - "tacked on" doesn't have much of a meaning with Wii if the tacking on is done okay. No matter what, a controller motion is always more natural and immersive than a button press, even though that button press may be simpler to execute. It makes games much more interesting.

Hey fellow ppl, LTRFTW,

I'm getting a sensi soccer vibe from the previews given so far. I dont know if the top-down view will suit me personally but in the context of the controls I think it will work :o. Who knows. Maybe playing is indeed believing!

Anyhoo, the throw ins and free kick scenarios are sounding brilliant (on paper). Lets hope there are some goalkeeper/penalty suprises too (maybe building on strikers charged goalkeeping situations).

The FIFA franchise has been relying on yearly 'gimmicks' for too long now. Relying on ever-increasing button usage, new moves, off the ball controls, new free kick plays...every year this happens...And some people are already saying the Wii version will be gimmicky..hmmm, with this logic hasn't the entire licence been using gimmicks to compete with PES recently? Hopefully this will be the 'gimmick' that really sticks.

Just my two cents...What does everyone else think?

I don't think of the controller when playing. I just do. Thats how it should be.

Lol, okay. You ignore how the game actually works and get annoyed when you can't play it. I bet you get really pissed off at the computer when it doesn't let your king do it's Super Saiyan finishing move in Windows Vista Chess.

Well nice to see them trying something new by using a top down engine, hopefully the gameplay won't suffer as a result. I used to love Sensible Soccer on my Amiga was disappointed by the recent update.

it seems a bit odd having two very different styles (realistic fifa setting and the miis) in the same game.

I'm still hoping Pro Evo will turn up at some point with left to right and a evolved version of mario strikers controls.

This is looking very interesting, espeically the camera view to use the wii controls easily and the online functions.

Could turn out to be a great game.

I used to love Sensible Soccer on my Amiga was disappointed by the recent update.
I had Sensible Soccer on the Amiga aswell; Great game!

Has it been said whether top-down is the only viewpoint for the Wii version (I guess it helps the new control scheme), or will there be other perspectives/camera angles?