NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
THE ganondorflol

how do i use a Datel LAN adapter?

Plug the Usb lead into the Wii, other end into the adapter. Plud ethernet cable into your modem.

Noe said you can only use the nintendo one, after I e-mailed about how I play with a wired connection.

It is a wii LAN adapter. Zeldafreak, do you have a wired connection/ If so, what do you use? The manual is extremely unhelpful, but it does say something about firewall's. I have AVG, would it affect it? I'm sorry, not knowing is depressing me. The ethernet cable is really short, and whenever it tests my wired connection it says 'error code 205050 (or502020 I can't remember) i need online now! (My USB connector didn't work)

Ganondorf you might well need the official one. Or you could invest in a router, I got mine in a sale for 30 quid and it should have cost 70.

It is a wii LAN adapter. Zeldafreak, do you have a wired connection/ If so, what do you use? The manual is extremely unhelpful, but it does say something about firewall's. I have AVG, would it affect it? I'm sorry, not knowing is depressing me. The ethernet cable is really short, and whenever it tests my wired connection it says 'error code 205050 (or502020 I can't remember) i need online now! (My USB connector didn't work)

I tried it with the datel one previsouly so I rang up datel and walked me through the process. It still didn't work so I emailed noe. They basically said only a wireless/usb wifi connector/ nintendo usb lan adapter would work

So basically you have to wait until noe get off their ass to release it in the UK. However you could probably import the japanese one it would probably still work.

P.S. If you have norton's firewall its easier to create rules for letting connections through from foreign devices.

I use the Japanese DATEL one, works perfect. I plug it straight into the modem not the PC, no need for firewall issues etc, works straight away.

have you on windows told it to share the internet connection if you are connecting it throught the pc and not a router, if this is the case i can take you throught how to get to share throught windows xp as ive done the same on my pc to get my xbox 360 and ps2 to work , with my wii i using the usb wifi thng that work fine

have you on windows told it to share the internet connection if you are connecting it throught the pc and not a router, if this is the case i can take you throught how to get to share throught windows xp as ive done the same on my pc to get my xbox 360 and ps2 to work , with my wii i using the usb wifi thng that work fine

Can you please? I haven't told it to share the internet connection. Would this work? I plug it into my modem not a router. Could this still be a problem? Cheers.

the way you get ur internet to share u will need to have your modem plug into ur pc (normal if it a free one ur recived with ur internet it be usb) ,

then you connect ur wii with the Datel LAN adapter into the network card slot in the back of ur pc .

then on window xp you need to go to my computer ,

then once there click on my network places on the tab onthe left,

then once there click on my view network connections on the left tab,

then in there you sould have number of different icon you will need to find the icon that is your internet provider, eg tiscali, once you find that right click on the icon then click on properties ,

that will bring up and window ,

in there click the advance tab at the top of the window.

on the internet connection part now you need to tick the box next to "allow other network users to connect throught this computer's internet connetion".

then click on ok and then it sould work for you all you need to make sure you are connected on the internet on the pc to allow the wii to have interent conection .

i hope this help . if you dont understand any of this please ask and i can give more help

Tried it, doesn't work mate. i think it is something to do with AVG or Zonealarm. How to I disable them, then bring them back when i'm in need? thanks.

ZoneAlarm is pretty bitchy when it comes to stuff like this, then again most firewalls are.

Can't you buy a regular wired router (dirt cheap, 20 quid or something), so that you can connect your Wii permanently to the internet and skip your firewall?

Point 1: Would it come with a ethrenet cable?

Point 2: Ihave no idea whether or not it would work

Point 3: Why waste money when i have a perfct one, but the only thing stopping it is Zonealarm and/or AVG?

Have you tested the connection with ZoneAlarm disabled?

It's not AVG blocking the connection, that's just an antivirus program.

Thanks, DCk mate, you are REALLY helping me out. I am a bit rubbish at PC's, and didn't know what AVG was really, thanks for clearing that up. At least now I know Zonealarm in DEFINETLY the cause. Thanks, pal, I'll do that now.

Sign in to follow this