NEurope
Stocka

Your status

Me and ThatGuy are like twins :heh:

Killzone has the biggest bugget ever for a video game, i think its 40 million so i have high hopes.

No, that's not the biggest budget ever. Shenmue was $70m

Nah man, Tekken is better than Soul Calibur, and much deeper. But I agree with the rest. FF13 is probably gonna suck.

100% agree with you there! i have played on all tekkens apart from 5 and they've all been great. particularly tekken 3 and tekken tag! such an awesome game. i really thought the 4th was a step back from the series though, but hopefully they've sorted out the 5th. what i dont like is how they've reduced the amount of the original characters to quite a low number, have they still got Paul, King, Nina etc?

my favourite character from any game is Gun Jack, he is quality. In tekken tag he just kills people.

As for my Status:

dont own any new gen consoles yet, but

im 60% sure about getting a 360

39.5% sure about getting a Wii

0.5% sure about getting a PS3

It is most likely that i will get a 360 at the next price drop, and then in a couple of years buy a wii.

It all depends on whether i get jealous of metroid corruption owners and smash bros/galaxy etc. gears of war, lost planet and GRAW and the table tennis all look mighty fine though having said that.

Lets just say that if i found an incredible deal for either Wii or 360 i would snap it up straight away

Soul Calibur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tekken

Do you play either one of them competitively? Tekken has hugely greated depth. Of course if you only play Tekken casually then I guess I can see where you're coming from. I admit, Soul Calibur looks cooler.

Found a cool Tekken DR match.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mV5tROmy_WM&mode=related&search=

Tbh, I reckon I could give that Baek a good whupping. Mother Puncher is a pretty badass Paul player.

Do you play either one of them competitively? Tekken has hugely greated depth. Of course if you only play Tekken casually then I guess I can see where you're coming from. I admit, Soul Calibur looks cooler.

I agree with That Guy. Soul Calibur is far superior to Tekken. But it's all opinion after all, and we all have different tastes.

I currently only own a Wii, but will be picking a 360 up on Halo 3 launch day hopefully.

Not interested in the PS3. I can't warrant spending that amount of money just for MGS, which will eventually come to the 360 anyway.

Xbox 360 (1day before launch)

Wii (launch)

PS3 (when it goes down in price :P / FF / MGS )

If FFXIII is anything like FFXII it's gonna be awesome <3

In what way is SC superior to Tekken? It has the worst parry system imaginable, you can learn and master all the moves of your chosen characters in a day or two. It lacks depth. But it's fluid and fun to watch and uncomplicated and easy for the average guy to get into.

I've always got 2 consoles per generation (Megadrive + SNES, PS1 + N64, PS2 + Gamecube) so I'll probably stick to that trend again, but now I have a job it might be a little different.

I've got my Wii. And I'm planning to get a 360 sometime this year but don't know when. Despite all the praise and Gears, it's just a few games short of having me gripped. Mainly because of the diversity of games, at the moment I'm only interested in Gears, the best FPS (presumebly Rainbow Six) and Viva Pinata. I will most likely wait till more games come out (ie Halo) and theres no real rush to get one, especially since the PS2 has Okami, FFXII and God Of War 2.

I don't plan to get a PS3, but I will be very tempted for FFXIII, MGS4, Tekken and the like. Now I think about it, theres no real point in getting both a PS3 and a 360 so I'll probably end up waiting anyway to see who ends up with the better library. 360 obviously has the best library now, but we shall see who ends up on top at the end of the year.

Me and ThatGuy are like twins :heh:

Your the evil Gooner twin, and I'm the great Spurs twin :D:awesome:

And yeah Shenmue's budget was massive.

Soul Calibur is a fantastic game, one that takes ages to truely master, although one that is easy to pick up. I'm not saying Tekken is a bad game, far from it, but SC is simply the best beat em up ever.

Soul Calibur is a fantastic game, one that takes ages to truely master, although one that is easy to pick up. I'm not saying Tekken is a bad game, far from it, but SC is simply the best beat em up ever.

Thats simply not the case. The best beat em up is any from the Street Fighter series. SC doesn't take much time to master for a dedicated player, I've been playing it for years, and another unfortunate flaw is the fact that it's incredibly unbalanced, with some characters being totally overpowered. But hey, I'd be glad to give you a whupping at any fighter of your choice...apart from the DOA series...I don't like them :heh:

I have a Wii and Xbox 360. I don't want to pay the money a PS3 is going to cost, but it's looking likely I'll buy one at some point when I have the money.

If anything the PS3 would at least enable me to enjoy some of the PS2 library I've missed out on.

Wii (launch)

360 (couple of weeks before Wii)

The 360 isn't actually mine, I have it while a friend is away working in Austria.

Too be honest I haven't played the 360 since I stayed up all night before the Wii launch trying to get all the achievements on NHL 07 (only need the online game one and I aint spending £50 on a wireless adaptor just for that)! There are games that do interest me (Oblivion and Viva Pinata to name a couple), but the fact that I don't have a steady job at the mo mean I can't go buying games willy nilly and I'm much more excited about Wii stuff at present! I just bought Excite Truck and love it and can't wait for Sonic and also looking forward to SSX Blur.

The Wii has been like a blessing to me - before it came along my love for gaming was starting to dwindle, however the Wii's unique controls (however tacked on they feel) and fun games have totally won me over!

I shall probably get into the 360 more when I get a decent, steady job so have some spare cash (by that time my mate will probably be back which means I'd have to by my own one anyway), but until then it looks like Wii all the way for me (i doubt I'll ever get a PS3 - maybe if they drop to around £200 but I doubt that'll ever happen)!

Got a Wii and a 360.

As it stands I have no personal justification for purchasing a PS3, if it proves itself and comes down to a more reasonable cost I may consider getting one.

Haha, poor Caris. I feel he got a bit ganged up on a bit. :heh:

To be honest, I barely find time for one games console. I made a mistake last generation thinking I had the time and money to focus on 2 systems, because I really don't have either.

So far, I have the Wii, and I'm happy with that and my DS. I still haven't played enough of the DS classics like Phoenix Wright or EBA, so that leaves some food for thought.

For this generation, I wouldn't be surprised if I just focused on the one console. I have thought about the idea of 360ing in the past, but then likes others are feeling with the PS3, my opinion on it changes all the time. Online seems great, but I honestly don't think I have enough time to set aside and just get it on with other gamers.

So, right now, I own the Wii, and it's really the only system I'm interested in at the moment. If I had to get one of the other two systems, at a push, it would probably be the 360.

I know what you mean about the whole time thing. I'm trying to cut down on the number of games I buy to get more out of the ones I own. Having 2 systems and a DS is hard to fit everything in.

I used to like the days of just having my Gamecube and a small pile of games, and I would like to get back to that, unfortunately I like the 360 too much and can't give up the Nintendo games.

There's a Wii and a 360 in my house currently. The PS3 is a vicitim of timing really. Had it came out before the 360, id probably have it instead.

Fortunately i can wait it out a year or two until price drops and Greatest Hits titles emerge.

In the meantime, this will give the Wii a chance to redeem itself and its position in my livingroom

Yeah, its hard owning multiple new consoles, i found i difficult deciding whether i should buy a DS game or a gamecube game. Id sort of lost interest in the PS2 a few years into it and getting the Gamecube and focusing on that after it had a big library was great fun. That was when i really enjoyed my game to the fullest, even though i had much fun on other systems including Gameboys.

when i bought the DS though it was hard to choose between Gamecube and DS games, and it was just as well i wasnt a fan of the DS because everything became much easier once i has sold it.

And the Bard is right btw, Tekken owns, read my last post.

XBOX 360 - Brought in Sept so could get test drive unlimited :D

Wii - Preordered was still waiting middle of Jan :(...but then while my bro was in cardiff at big brother auditions he got one is GAME w00p :)

not gettin a PS3

I know what you mean about the whole time thing. I'm trying to cut down on the number of games I buy to get more out of the ones I own. Having 2 systems and a DS is hard to fit everything in.

I used to like the days of just having my Gamecube and a small pile of games, and I would like to get back to that, unfortunately I like the 360 too much and can't give up the Nintendo games.

I am exactly like that. I had the cube and the GBA, only had about 5 games for my GBA which I hardly played and a small pile of games for my cube. It was easy to choose what games I wanted and I didnt spend a lot of money but now with having 2 systems and a ds, its quite hard to choose, well not hard but hard to decide what games to buy over other games for which system.

When the DS came there were so many great games I bought. The cube was dying so no games werebought, only one games console I had to spend money on. My list of games grew more than my cube games over the 5 years I had it. Then I got a psp, there were no good games for it, I wanted a change from just nintendo. But no games. So then I sold it and got a 360 with 3 games in a bundle, (which now is so crap I lost loads of money). And the games and Live was amazing, I cant imagine how long I will go if I sold my 360/Live. Its so good.

Recently I havnt bought any games for my DS I've only bought for my 360. not many Wii games are out so thats alright, I can spend money on that over time. But the 360 games coming out nearly every week. For the ds I want to get Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright, a load of games. The 360 I still want Crackdown ever after what Diemetrix said. Its crazy.

Wii - Week after euro launch (stupid play.com)

Xbox 360 - May get one... I'm definatley considering it

PS3 - After a major price drop and MGS4

Yar. The days when I had just a Gamecube was amazing(until towards the end of it's life), even if I was a massive fanboy. I seemed to appreciate everything a lot more then, and being my first major console helped a lot.

This gen I just had to get a 360 too, and i don't regret it. Having just a Wii for me wouldn't satisfy me enough, because i'd miss out on so much, especially standard gaming and epic games that wouldn't get released on the Wii.

Hmm. Today i'm in a 'i'm not going to get a ps3' mood. I change everyday lol.

Xbox360 - May '06

Wii - Launch

I would like a PS3 at some point but will most likely never be able to afford it.