Kirkatronics

wii or 360?

which should i get?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. which should i get?

• 360!!
    • Wii
    • a wii60!! (bsically you dont care :()

im actually tipped for the 360, most people in here say that too.. but the wii seems to be winning atm in the poll.

poll = not what most are saying.

I got a 360 last year but ended up getting rid of it within a few months, it has actually become the most disapointing console that ive ever owned.

Saying that though the reason I dont like it is because its no longer what im looking for in gaming, ive spent years playing the racers, FPSs etc and I got very very bored of them. Now I just want nice enjoyment out of my games which is why I stick with Nintendo and will most likely get a PS3 (In a year or so) for any JRPGs I want.

im actually tipped for the 360, most people in here say that too.. but the wii seems to be winning atm in the poll.

Yeah, I feel that more people are saying 360 than are voting for it. AT the moment it's the best console, as it has a great library, and some great exclusives. Personally, with the headstart it has, I think it'll be a tough contest for Sony.

That's because most people who have only voted did so because it's a Nintendo machine.

Listen to what people are saying mate, you'll make the right choice.

wii, innovative and fun with great games already and shedloads in development

360, good (but expensive) online service otherwise no different than whats come before but with shinnier graphics

360, good (but expensive) online service otherwise no different than whats come before but with shinnier graphics

Bullshit.

If anything, the Wii is the same as last gen. Same games, different control scheme. Nothing more.

Live play (Not just playing online. The whole community feel, even the inclusion of a friends list you can view at anytime is a quantum leap forward), free demos, TONS of great games already out and many, many more features are a lot better than that. It's not the same experience. That's an outright lie.

wii, innovative and fun with great games already and shedloads in development

£35 a year is expensive? What are you on about? You missed out that the 360 has an already strong library of games. The Wii's are only "in developement", and we never get updates on them. Nintendo's lips are tighter than a virgin's vagina.

You've also missed out what all those things "similar from before" are. You've got downloadable content, dvd playback, other media functions.

Terry I've seen your bank balance surely you can afford both.

I think he should go for both.

I think he should go for both.

lol, no one talking to u :p i dont wanna waste money on both, id only end up playing 1 or non anyway...

£35 a year is expensive?

Yes.

I can see Microsoft eventually having to make online gaming over Xbox Live free. Even if it's the better online service, the lure of getting something for nothing will tempt people away. The PS3 especially, which now offers very similar gaming experiences to that found on Live, but with no subscription price attached.

Yes.

I can see Microsoft eventually having to make online gaming over Xbox Live free. Even if it's the better online service, the lure of getting something for nothing will tempt people away. The PS3 especially, which now offers very similar gaming experiences to that found on Live, but with no subscription price attached.

Playing on Live it is blatantly obvious why it costs £40 a year. Microsoft actually do recycle a fair bit of that money back into it :)

Live is already leagues ahed of the competition and with additions like IPTV and XNA due its just going to get further and further ahed.

As this topic is comparing the 360 to the Wii though the question is really:

Would i like to pay £40 a year for the worlds best online service or pay nothing and get, well, nothing?

If it was my decision i'd pick the 360. Theres a lot of mis-informed people in this thread calling it 'more expensive'. In a way they are right, but look at bundles + the price of available games and the 360 is a much better buy.

Gamestation had a deal recently where you could get:

Xbox 360 Premium

Gears Of War

Crackdown

Smackdown vs Raw 2007

Project Gotham Racing 3

Xbox Live Arcade

Extra Official Wireless Controller

All for £304.99

Theres a large selection of good titles on the net that are available for less than £20 and extra Wireless Pads (official ones) can be picked up for £20 at Shopto.net

The XBox 360 is a decent enough console and Gears of War looks and plays well but my Wii gets far more use and at the moment, after the huge disappointment that was Crackdown, I'm using my 360 to play my way through Halo 1 & 2 more than any new "HD" game. Thee 360 may be more impressive (powerful, better online etc) but, for me at least, the Wii is far more fun.

I went over to my mate's palce klast night and tried out Resistance on the PS3, that was very impressive indeed. I was blown away. I think we need a new poll including the PS3 lol

the only thing that bugs me about the 360 is the lack of wireless built in and I'm still a bit miffed that the new Elite does not incorporate it, and the fact that it is fairly expensive for the adapter.

I'm still yet to decide which will get my money, once I finish uni and have a job, there is more out for 360 at the moment, but I can't help but feel for the first time that Sony is on the way to creating something good, with some of the fresh ideas they seem to be bringing to the table.

the only thing that bugs me about the 360 is the lack of wireless built in and I'm still a bit miffed that the new Elite does not incorporate it, and the fact that it is fairly expensive for the adapter.

I'm still yet to decide which will get my money, once I finish uni and have a job, there is more out for 360 at the moment, but I can't help but feel for the first time that Sony is on the way to creating something good, with some of the fresh ideas they seem to be bringing to the table.

I still can't decide on which Next Gen console I will pick up, I wasn't even considering a PS3, but after playing Resistance...

I still can't decide on which Next Gen console I will pick up, I wasn't even considering a PS3, but after playing Resistance...
Same! I wasn't considering a PS3 in the slightest!!

However after looking at it more and seeing the potential behind games such a Little Big Planet, White Knights Story etc... I am beginning to wonder!

I've built up a vast list of games that I would want on the 360 should I get one, but looking at the list now I'm realising many of them are on the PS3 aswell, which just leaves the 360 exclusives to consider...

The likes of PGR3/4, Gears of War, Halo 1/2/3, GRAW 1, Alan Wake, Banjo Kazooie, Too Human, Mass Effect.

Hmmm... actually I think I would have to get those games, it would almost defiantely be the 360! ....I think!

Resistance is good but nothing compared to gears of war

Same! I wasn't considering a PS3 in the slightest!!

However after looking at it more and seeing the potential behind games such a Little Big Planet, White Knights Story etc... I am beginning to wonder!

I've built up a vast list of games that I would want on the 360 should I get one, but looking at the list now I'm realising many of them are on the PS3 aswell, which just leaves the 360 exclusives to consider...

The likes of PGR3/4, Gears of War, Halo 1/2/3, GRAW 1, Alan Wake, Banjo Kazooie, Too Human, Mass Effect.

Hmmm... actually I think I would have to get those games, it would almost defiantely be the 360! ....I think!

Yeah all pretty much all those titles (amongest others) you listed are the reason I would find it hard to dismiss the 360 and previously would have gone straight for it.

But the PS3 could have 1st party/2nd Party stuff in the future that will be very bit as good as that. Plus they do have the likes of Resistance (which looks one the best launch games to grace all 3 current consoles), Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, Warhawk etc... The 360 does have its obvious head start, I think I will stick with my Wii for the rest of this year before deciding upon which of the others to get, as I think we simply don't know what the PS3 will have to offer.

I don't think the majority of third party titles will bear as much weight on this generation as companies look more to get their products into as many households as possible, which means both consoles, so whilst there will obviously be some third party exclusives that are crucial, I think we will see more just timed/debuting exclusives (think GTA on PS2 eventually appearing on Xbox) with the 1st Party stuff taking the plaudits....

Is this n-europe?

Or gamefaqs?

Stop with the bad feelings guys...

What's this referring to?