NEurope
The Bard

Is Mah Wii Screwing Up?

Whenever I'm playing on my Wii, little black dots start coming up on the screen display, and I mean millions of them, when I was playing it on my LCD, I thought they were dead pixels or something, but then I moved it to my standard def TV and the same things happening. It doesn't seem to happen on Virtual console games though, but when I pause it by pressing the home button, they pop up in their hundreds, all over the display. I noticed this while playing Zelda (again)...I reckon my Wii is well and truly fucked, can ya'll help me out here?

Does it happen only when playing Wii? Could be the composite cables or the Wii itself. Don't know... But it's still covered by warranty, unless you got a little too excited and raped the console.

Whenever I'm playing on my Wii, little black dots start coming up on the screen display, and I mean millions of them, when I was playing it on my LCD, I thought they were dead pixels or something, but then I moved it to my standard def TV and the same things happening. It doesn't seem to happen on Virtual console games though, but when I pause it by pressing the home button, they pop up in their hundreds, all over the display. I noticed this while playing Zelda (again)...I reckon my Wii is well and truly fucked, can ya'll help me out here?
Artifacts?

if your Wii has it's fan with space to work and overheating (and since it's winter much heat is unlikely) it should be a hardware problem, it can be either heatsink/cooling badly applied to the GPU, memory corruption, etc...

Artifacts normally happen in PC's either when you unlock pipelines you shouldn't and are damaged, too much overclock, or cooling deficiencies. It also happened to some X360's when they shipped.

If you have those problems, use your guarantee.

Whenever I'm playing on my Wii, little black dots start coming up on the screen display, and I mean millions of them, when I was playing it on my LCD, I thought they were dead pixels or something, but then I moved it to my standard def TV and the same things happening.

Your Wii's graphics card is broken, so I don't really believe there is anything that you can do.

* I have seen same happening when PC's graphics card malfunctions...

Got a picture? Someone posted about some sort of overheating issue with the wii which causes the GPU to screw up or some such malarky, it was in a thread I made about Wiiconnect24(well, not actually about it, but titled under it).

Aww balls, if I return it, I'm screwed since I've got 4 VC games and 3000 points in my account. Bugger. I'll get a picture up of it soon. Thanks for the info Pedro...

Aww balls, if I return it, I'm screwed since I've got 4 VC games and 3000 points in my account. Bugger. I'll get a picture up of it soon. Thanks for the info Pedro...
Don't worry, even here in Portugal there's cases of defective consoles with VC games and they took like 3 days to solve it. (our assistance should be horrible)

the guy who told me said they only had to associate the new console code to the older one so he could download the same games again.

As for saves and such I don't know though, if you could back them up yourself you might have less to worry about.

Well, I get the same thing. Happens with Zelda and virtual console. Turned the wii back to 50hz and it was fine.

Shame, bought a 50 inch HD tv and it fucking sucks. No component inputs and now seems like its gay at 60hz. Refurbished aswell so I can't even return it.

I think in this instance though its my TV.

http://wiinis.com/Wii_Overheat.htm

This was already discussed in 2 different threads but here is the link again.

I have this problem too and will have to trade my console. Good to know Concentra is doing a decent job. I'll take it to the Concentra shop in Freeport Alcochete. I hope they'r fast.

Also, my wiimote seems to be deffective. In Wii bowling it's impossible to put the ball to roll to the right. It always goes to the left no matter how i twist the wiimote. Does anyone else have this problem?

http://wiinis.com/Wii_Overheat.htm

This was already discussed in 2 different threads but here is the link again.

I have this problem too and will have to trade my console. Good to know Concentra is doing a decent job. I'll take it to the Concentra shop in Freeport Alcochete. I hope they'r fast.

Also, my wiimote seems to be deffective. In Wii bowling it's impossible to put the ball to roll to the right. It always goes to the left no matter how i twist the wiimote. Does anyone else have this problem?

Do they accept consoles for repair there?

Normally you'd go to Lisbon, to Prior Velho/Sacavém that's where their headquarters are.

Try calling them first.

Holy shit, that guy said I only have until Feb 17th to get it sorted. Soooo basically I'm screwed. I'll be phoning Nintendo first thing in the morning.

^ Yeah, poor americans have ridiculous warranty times.:grin:

They pay less for the product though.

Do they accept consoles for repair there?

Normally you'd go to Lisbon, to Prior Velho/Sacavém that's where their headquarters are.

Try calling them first.

I did, they said it's alright. You see, I live in Azeitão. I'm not going to Lisbon for this unless they pay me the car gas. And i find it really bad that i would have to pay the postage if i were to send it through mail. So, as i hang around Freeport Alcochete sometimes (Sushi.. yum...) then i'll drop my Wii and Wiimote there. They said they could send it to Prior Velho.

^ Yeah, poor americans have ridiculous warranty times.:grin:

They pay less for the product though.

hmm? I believe The Bard lives in UK.

Even in US nintendo has above average service since they give 1 year waranty over their consoles.

HARDWARE WARRANTY

Nintendo of America Inc. ("Nintendo") warrants to the original purchaser that the hardware product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this warranty period, Nintendo or a NINTENDO AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER will repair the defective hardware product or component, free of charge. The original purchaser is entitled to this warranty only if the date of purchase is registered at point of sale or the consumer can demonstrate, to Nintendo's satisfaction, that the product was purchased within the last 12 months.

GAME & ACCESSORY WARRANTY

Nintendo warrants to the original purchaser that the product (Game Paks and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of three (3) months from the date of purchase. If a defect covered by this warranty occurs during this three (3) month warranty period, Nintendo or a NINTENDO AUTHORIZED REPAIR CENTER will repair the defective product, free of charge.

Source: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp

Only accessories and game software have a 3 month warranty in US.

On Europe it's two years by law though.

I did, they said it's alright. You see, I live in Azeitão. I'm not going to Lisbon for this unless they pay me the car gas. And i find it really bad that i would have to pay the postage if i were to send it through mail. So, as i hang around Freeport Alcochete sometimes (Sushi.. yum...) then i'll drop my Wii and Wiimote there. They said they could send it to Prior Velho.
Oh, I see... that's cool then.

It's just that... that store is just so crappy, old games in shelves at the price they came out 3 years ago and all; I thought they didn't give off any kind of service.

hmm? I believe The Bard lives in UK.

Even in US nintendo has above average service since they give 1 year waranty over their consoles.

I know that he lives in UK. I was not talking about him, but about the article i linked above and that bard read.

It's just that... that store is just so crappy, old games in shelves at the price they came out 3 years ago and all; I thought they didn't give off any kind of service.

Well, they're not going to repair it. The only service they're going to do is sending the console to their HQ by their own means instead of me wasting my money in transportation. :p

And yes, that store sucks.

I know that he lives in UK. I was not talking about him, but about the article i linked above and that bard read.
Yes, but they still don't have such thing as a February 17th limit, that's the legal limit, Nintendo gives more than that. :)
Well, they're not going to repair it. The only service they're going to do is sending the console to their HQ by their own means instead of me wasting my money in transportation. :p
I know, but that's something already.

Most of the time they seem clueless, incapable of giving any kind of useful info.

one of my remotes keeps tilting to the right?what should i do?(to spare another thread)

Go back to the store and get a replacement if you're sure it's just 1 remote.

Go back to the store and get a replacement if you're sure it's just 1 remote.

yep its the one.thanks ill do that

Hmm...Nintendo's UK contact number doesn't work....:(...0870 6060 247 am I right?

Yeah that's it. You'll be on a while though, I was told I'd be on hold for 33 minutes and 30 seconds when I rang the other week...

I had exactly the same problem. Send it to the nintendo service centre, but put Wii dept on the address. Took me an hour of phone calls to get them to tell me this. Oh - and send it recorded delivery, the address is on nintendo's website.

one of my remotes keeps tilting to the right?what should i do?(to spare another thread)

Stop moving your damn hand.

Uh oh... I had been noticing black spots on the screen when playing Wii Sports (mostly visible during tennis). I just thought it was because we got our new HDTV, but apparently it's the Wii overheating? O.o

That's weird, cause the Wii really does have enough room around it... It's nothing major so far (the black spots so far don't bother me -too- much), but I don't want it to get worse either...

Uh oh... I had been noticing black spots on the screen when playing Wii Sports (mostly visible during tennis). I just thought it was because we got our new HDTV, but apparently it's the Wii overheating? O.o

That's weird, cause the Wii really does have enough room around it... It's nothing major so far (the black spots so far don't bother me -too- much), but I don't want it to get worse either...

[insert joke along the lines of "Of course the Wii is overheating, if you were playing me, I'd definitely overheat" here, than realise it's not really that good an idea].............