NEurope
The Bard

Is Mah Wii Screwing Up?

That's the thing though, because it's on "Connect 24" bullcrap. It's always frikkin warm. It's probably what makes mine the warmest room of the house. (yes i know it's not actually that hot.)

Uh oh... I had been noticing black spots on the screen when playing Wii Sports (mostly visible during tennis). I just thought it was because we got our new HDTV, but apparently it's the Wii overheating? O.o

That's weird, cause the Wii really does have enough room around it... It's nothing major so far (the black spots so far don't bother me -too- much), but I don't want it to get worse either...

Yes, it's because of WiiConect24 as retro said. Those spots will progressively get worse as mine did. It's no use to wait and see if the spots disapear. It's irreversible as far as i know.

Wait, if it's because of the Wii Connect 24 thing, then there's every chance that this will happen to my replacement Wii too. Way to screw up big time, Nintendo.

could my problem be overheating related?

My Wii (oddly enough since the everybody votes update) has taken to just crashing randomly, locking up and making a buzzing noise, and its not just limited to games did it on the mii channel and whilst looking through my address book.

Sometimes it won't do it for a couple of days and I think meh must be over, but then it will resurface, it seem as well that if it crashes once, it will invariably crash again soon afterwards, which is what makes me think it could be overheating, if it does immediatly after.

I've moved my wii away from my laptop on my desk at uni, to the otherside of the room and given it plenty of room to breath!

^ Overheat or not your wii seems to be pretty f*cked up. The faster you send it to nintendo the faster you'll get it back. Better back up your saves to an SD card just to be sure.

Like the bard said, our replacement Wiis can probably overheat again. We'll have to cross our fingers and trade it back as many times it takes to get a good one.

could my problem be overheating related?

My Wii (oddly enough since the everybody votes update) has taken to just crashing randomly, locking up and making a buzzing noise, and its not just limited to games did it on the mii channel and whilst looking through my address book.

Sometimes it won't do it for a couple of days and I think meh must be over, but then it will resurface, it seem as well that if it crashes once, it will invariably crash again soon afterwards, which is what makes me think it could be overheating, if it does immediatly after.

I've moved my wii away from my laptop on my desk at uni, to the otherside of the room and given it plenty of room to breath!

Do you run it standing or flat?

As for trading them back as much as we need, what happens if it happens after the 1 year is up?

Do you run it standing or flat?

As for trading them back as much as we need, what happens if it happens after the 1 year is up?

I have it standing up. If you have problems after the first year, you'd have to pay for it to be replaced.

GRRR really don't wanna send it back! don't want a replacement, cos u can't save all your mii's etc... and all you memo's etc....