NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kirkatronics

games you enjoy, that could embares

Kingdom Hearts. It's alright when you pretend it's a "Final Fantasy spin off" to your friends, until Donald Duck jumps up on the screen and everyone's pissing themselves.

I proudly play Pokemon in the pub, as do at least 4 of my 26-30 year old mates

I idolise you :P

World of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

I only know because it is one of my favourite games ever.

Ah, thats it. Any chance of a VC release, d'ya reckon?

Harvest Moon for the GC and GBA...

and animal crossing..

Heh, I remember last year one of my housemates walked in on me playing Harvest Moon. The conversation went something like:

"What the f*ck is this?"

"Um, it's a..... it's a kind of farming sim, you got to look after this farm and get a wife and stuff." :red:

That got me a look of pity and a shake of the head. But I don't care, I enjoyed it.

Ah, thats it. Any chance of a VC release, d'ya reckon?

If it ever did get released, I'd be the first in line to get it.

But, I don't think so. It was never really a 'big' title. I don't think many people even remember this game, never mind even playing it.

I remember World of Illusion: Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

it was one of the first games i ever played. It was a great game. :D

In my area mentioning you have a nintendo is like some sorta stigma.

Scotlands fulls of Sony fanboys.

The entire population of my country is made of sony fanboys that disregard any game that's not FIFA, Need for Speed or Football Manager or any console that's not a PS2 or PS1. Luckily, this is going to change with the Wii as no one is buying PS3.

Also, did anyone say they played Pokémon in public?

The entire population of my country is made of sony fanboys that disregard any game that's not FIFA, Need for Speed or Football Manager or any console that's not a PS2 or PS1. Luckily, this is going to change with the Wii as no one is buying PS3.

Also, did anyone say they played Pokémon in public?

As the family grows stronger, we will change that!

Hmm, SW: Shadows of the Empire, SW: Ep I Phantom Menace and to some extent MI for N64. Well, at least I liked them when I was a kid, I doubt I could play them now.

I'm not embarassed to play a game I know it's good, I don't give a shit what other think. Hell, I play Nintendogs on the train. I just don't speak to the dog.

I still have a HUGE soft 'spot' for my favourite childhood game ever...Cool Spot. 1994-1997 was a fantastic time for 2D platformers with Aladdin on the Megadrive/SNES. The Earthworm Jim franchises, Sonics and Marios and the Donkey Kong Country games. But somehow, even though I loved all of those games, I hold Cool Spot dear to my heart. The character design and music is something I still love today. Imagining this little spot running around like some sort of borrower created infinate gaming opportunities. Oh well...Cool Spot will never return. Dave Perry (and Virgin games...whatever happened to them!!) are more into their hardcore shooters and ever since MDK it looks like thats the direction Shiny (some remaining staff members of the Cool Spot team) are always going to take.

So yeah, taking the character design from the red spot on a 7UP bottle may seem supid yet Spot was always infinately better than fido dido ever was...And his game was better than fido didos too. So there lol! More golden oldies please...:bouncy:

Yes cool spot was far far better than fido dido i don't know what they changed him:(

I really liked Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for GBA :(

I really liked Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for GBA :(

same! i thought it was har, but then again, it was years ago =/

Anything on the Gamecube that I liked was an embarrassment: my school is full of Gamecube-haters. They hated it for no reason. They all call Wind Waker shit, and have played it a collective total of zero times.

Anything on the Gamecube that I liked was an embarrassment: my school is full of Gamecube-haters. They hated it for no reason. They all call Wind Waker shit, and have played it a collective total of zero times.

My school is too except they are general Nintendo haters . They claimed the Gamecube was rubbish before they had even played it. (same with the Wii)

The consoles they'd get are the ps2 and 3 and the only games they ever by are sports games as if they are the best disregarding many other great games as rubbish.

They are so narrow minded and yet you ask them about some of there favourite gaming experiences and it's all from the N64, Golden eye, Mario Kart 64, super mario 64 and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Yet they still claim that Nintendo are rubbish. MADNESS!!!

Also i thought the Harry Potter gba game was fun. :D

Same here. My friends always loved playing Cube games with me though. Just everybody else hated it... Until Resident Evil 4 came out.:awesome:

When Animal Crossings first came out for the cube I was a little embarrased but it grew on my friends and they love it now.

Same thing with Harvest Moon really. I didn't mention to anybody any just played it quietly and then somebody asked if they could try it, and bam everybody was hooked.

probably the pokemon games, i love them all so much (especially yellow and snap) but i love them quietly.

Sometimes just being a 'gamer' i am quiet about, i mean its not the most attractive thing to say in the world. e.g:

man 1:hello i have a yacht, ha ha ha, sips champagne, and nibbles on caviar

man 2: i still play pokemon, moves to the corner, pulls out gba hand goes in pants, you know the rest

not saying im like that, which im not (shifty eyes) but im sure you know what im saying, from now on i will try to be more proud of my gaming background.

isnt that a childrens game site? as in 5 and below?

yep. But its so....

...yeah

Boobah scare the sh** out of me. They are like alienz or sommat lol. Imagine the meeting in which Boobah were created...There must have been some class A material on the table right there. Pure freaky. But wickedly insane drug enduced website right there. If there had been something like that in 1960 the drugs wouldn't have been needed. All I'm saying is that a dark room and that Boobah website could kill a man.

If you click little guys while they are on the right in the nav screen you get to play a little music game. Its pure genius. Those recorder sounds get me every time!

ive gotta say, most of my mates are cool with the nintendo thing. alot giggled at first when they saw mario party, claiming it was "gay as fuck" which is a fair observation really. then they started playing and loved it. my mate origionaly chuckled at paper mario, then borrowed it for ages with my old n64, noiw all my mates love nintendo.

at uni i was the only one who'd even played a gamecube, brought mario party 5 (best party since 2) in, had an awkward few moments are the game started, then won the title of person who people begged to let them play games.

still, one of my uni mates has terrible choice in games, he recons ps2 is the best console, as it has the best games, yet the only games he has that arnt multi platform are final fantasy X and X-2. he also prefers the new star wars films so i tend to dissregard what he says.

i did have a mate "prove" the gamecube was for kids by holding up a coppy of harry potter on cube, and medal of honer frontline on ps2. i owned frontline on cube so his argument was a little thin.

as for pokemon, played blue and gold with pride, got ruby in shame but to be honest, i found it boring. I bought collesium on the cube, and it was one of the worst games ive ever played, lent it to a mate who loved pokemon and he said it was shite. im not interested in the new pokemon games really, i guess im more into final fantasy these days, i like the more serious feel to the game, its certainly a better story in each game, even ff3, which has a terrible story was more exciting then a pokemon game.

Sign in to follow this