stuwii

graphics chips

wii sd card graphics enhancements  

38 members have voted

1. 1. wii sd card graphics enhancements

• yes
    • no

Nothing is impossible

Try typing up the Bible from memory whilst blindfolded. In German. Whilst holding a polar bear. And balancing on a tightrope. In an hour.

Historically, xpansions never work. Look at all the crap sega produced for the mega drive and the N64 one never caught on neither. Best bet is for a new console. Dont think the wii will have a long life 4-5 years. SO will get a HD fangled console later.

The gamecube had proper expansion ports as nintendo planned future addons from the starts. eg. gameboy player, broadband ... and even origianlly wiimotes were planned for the gamecube

but when M$ takes over nintendo, i expect the wii to plug into the x360 for mutual benefits

Majora's mask, Perfect Dark and Donkey kong 64 made beautifull use of the Expansion Pack and they looked gorgeous. Couldn't be done without it.

But yes, this isn't a poll. It's not an opinion. It's not even an option. And what's with that 'graphics'-related threads popping up lately? It's that time again where the lack of news makes people dig up old discussion as if they were elders talking about their teeth. Or not.

Try typing up the Bible from memory whilst blindfolded. In Hawaiian. Whilst holding a polar bear. And balancing on a tightrope. In an hour.

Fixed that for ya ;)

It's harder to type out the bible in a language for which it has never been translated :p

Try typing up the Bible from memory whilst blindfolded. In German. Whilst holding a polar bear. And balancing on a tightrope. In an hour.

I'll give it a go, now where's my german dictionary.....

as for this thread....avoided it for ages, cos thought grrr graphics won't be interested but looked in and OMG laughed so loud...:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: thanks for giving me this moment of true comedy genius :bowdown:

it's not gonna happen, like people have said the SD card slot will just not be fast enough to do anything like what your saying.. and apart from anything if Nintendo were to release such a device it would go back on everything they have tired to make the wii stand for gameplay over graphics....

I avoided this thread, because you are all very mean people.

It's not like he even claimed it to be possible, he was just asking if it was possible, and still person after person comes in telling him how stupid he is basically, and I think that's just harsh. All right, the point has been made, do every single one of you have to come along and stick it in further?

Also, I don't even think it was that ridiculous of a question. Though the concept of another sort of memory expansion is a shit one, Nintendo should do things right first time round.

Ok so to sum it all up: They (Nintendo) won't (I hope) and can't (I guess from reading this topic) release some kind of expansion pack to enchance the Wii's specs. They didn't do it on the cube, so it was just a thing of the past (N64 era). Am I right?

though remember the usb ports in the back

Nothing on the Wii is fast enough to sustain an external GPU.

USB2, the fastest external ports on the Wii, supports a bandwidth of 60 Mbyte/sec. The GPU in the Wii, considering 1.5x GameCube, needs 4 Gbyte/sec of bandwidth with the main memory at the very least. The USB ports fall short with a factor 70.

Besides that, expansions are generally crap.

ugh the wii will never get a graphics upgrade.It goes against everything nintendo have been talking about for the last few years

ugh the wii will never get a graphics upgrade.It goes against everything nintendo have been talking about for the last few years
The games might (and should) start showing graphics upgrades when the developers get the hang of it.

Nothing on the Wii is fast enough to sustain an external GPU.

USB2, the fastest external ports on the Wii, supports a bandwidth of 60 Mbyte/sec. The GPU in the Wii, considering 1.5x GameCube, needs 4 Gbyte/sec of bandwidth with the main memory at the very least. The USB ports fall short with a factor 70.

Besides that, expansions are generally crap.

slow memory's better than no memory

I did that when i was 2 apparently.

slow memory's better than no memory

Nope, it's not in this case. It's faster to use a portion of the built-in memory than to use an external device. Either way it won't help a bit in making graphics look any better as the built-in or external memory can only be used for storing stuff because it's way too slow for any real gaming stuff to be done on it. At best it will reduce some loading times.