Sign in to follow this  
Kakarot

Do you agree with nintendo?

Do you Like the Controller?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like the Controller?

• Yes
    • No

With the new controller just comin out today do you think its a big revolution for gaming and will it help with Nintendos sales and its image.

not sure about sales and image, thats down to marketing, and if they are aggressive form day one, and get it into peoples heads just what the thing does, they could do very well for themselves.

i was always going to take this with a pinch of salt, for one, the design is not finalised, but the idea is amazing.

this is just an example/possible use of the controller, and how it could get me and my dad playing together; golf

now, if these sensors are in every point, so it can detect every twist and turn, imagine how cool that'd be playing golf? (and yes i do play, don't bash it:P) you could play any course, and while its still not like the real thing, it'll be close, and it would replicate your swing exactly.

there could of course be other options, from the swing determining the direction and power, to just flicking it in your hand while laying down.

and you could do it anyday, any time, without the walking (WOO)

this is just off the top of my head, think what a full dev team could do in games

i think nintendo have done themselves good this time, a little bit of work, get the thing out there and the devs working, it could really do something new and exciting for games

(and for anybody interested, what do you think of the golf idea? :grin: )

theirs loads of ideas IGN have a section on it and they come up with some good ideas relating to a number of current games, they suggested pikmin would work well flicking the pikmin at a beastie etc or placing the controller horizontal like a steering wheel for mario kart, that would be class, I like the idea of sword fighting from the conference vid, light sabers anyone? its a great idea but one you have to see working before you can understand it, needs lots of adverts! when it arrives.

I agree with them. The gaming industry needed a new boost, and Nintendo gave it the boost it needed. The new controller opens up a new world full of possibilities. Now let's just hope developers are creative enough to fully optimize this new form of input.

I dont think its going to help its sales or image but I do think its a great controller for faithful fans who dont dismiss it as a gimmick

Its different and innovative, which is why I buy nintendo and a few others i know do for the same reason, but most people are obsessed with graphics and licenses so I say yes I like and no it won't help Nintendo's image and sell to the masses. But then again it looks sleek which helps, as the Ipod sales show. Afterall the Ipod hasn't got much else going for it. :hehe:

So overall, I join the YES party

Controller is great, and I rarely say that about freshly unveiled stuff from Nintendo - but the Revolution will die a rapid, painful death if it doesn't implement everything it has and impress us undoubtedly -

a) The controller is a revolution in gaming - but it must be utilized properly. If used properly with top-notch software, exploring its potential, no one can deny its fun factor.

b) Graphics must be presentable. We are too far into the "game" of gaming to take a step back graphically by sacrificing visual technology; the graphical power must rival that of the other two competitors or mainstream players won't even look. "So what if we have a tilt sensor controller if the graphics are just slightly improved over GameCube's"?

c) Software has to impress. Without quality games and software from first, second and third parties, the Revolution cannot succeed - Dreamcast being a good example of this. If games can be ported onto Revolution from other consoles with ease, Nintendo may have an advantage.

d) Advertise the damn thing well. I was impressed by the quality of the demo clip, but it has to keep up the more mature approach. Gaming is growing up like the rest of us!

Any further thoughts?

theirs loads of ideas IGN have a section on it and they come up with some good ideas relating to a number of current games, they suggested pikmin would work well flicking the pikmin at a beastie etc or placing the controller horizontal like a steering wheel for mario kart, that would be class, I like the idea of sword fighting from the conference vid, light sabers anyone? its a great idea but one you have to see working before you can understand it, needs lots of adverts! when it arrives.

and G4TV too

I probably wasn't going to get the Revolution, but now I probably am, I really like it, I think there could (and will) be some really fun silly games on there which I will probably like :P

I'm saddened that a lot of people are laughing at this - ukresistance.co.uk (best site evar!!11!!) are decidedly far from enthusastic about it...

yeah and tycho at penny-arcade, i thought they wer ebetter then that

i'm not saying they should likie it, but he just dissmissed it out right

What Nintendo needs to do is convince people that this is "cool" and it's the future of video gaming. They need to convince people that the PS3 and XBox 360 are in the past, and the Revolution's control type is the future. Convince Video Gamers that they haven't played a video game until they played a Revolution.

If they can do that Nintendo will be at the top of the market, if they can't, I think this could be the end of Nintendo home systems. It's do or die now, Nintendo has a new product that they have to convince a lot of people on, because at first it does look silly.

Im in total agreement with Nintendo, games have gone a bit stale, time to make them new again.

Every one has ideas floating around in their heads right now about how the controller can be used to enhance the way we play games, and thats exactly the way it should be.

The idea n functions of the controller are amazing. Nintendo has never been short on innovation but lack in advertising and appeal. They could easily still be number one but they dont know how to come across as cool for some reason or other. It's a start to have a system that is gettin ipod compliments in design but it has to go beyond that n into commercials n mag adverts. If ppl remember back in the snes, genesis days sega had it down ppl would mimmick their commercials....."Say it say it SEGA" if anyone remembers that those were the golden years werent they. What im tryin to say is Nintendo lacks the skill to make themselves appeal to main stream gamers. I think Sony learned from Sega for sure cuz thats the only reason theyre number one.. image END OF STORY!

I think it's great. I'm surprised some people still don't like it. Maybe when some games are shown... I can't wait for Smash Bros. Revolution

Image n they boast bout stats that are fibbed big time n most mainstream gamers still think a ps2 is more powerful than a xbox n gamecube. Hahahhaha just remembered when sony said they couldnt release the ps2 in China cuz it was considered a super computer n commi china would use it to launch nukes something or other load of crap. Stuff like that mainstream gamers eat up so they can brag bout their consoles. But little did they know the sale of gamecubes was forbiden in russia cuz the west feared those commis would use the cube as a suitcase to smuggle nuclear warheads into free america like in the cold war. Oh i wish Nintendo ran that story.....

Well, they convinced me so far, I just need some footage from games. I am not interested in Graphics but I want to see the controller in action, or how they think they will use it, try Mario 128 for example :D

And, also, I agree that Nintendo really needs to pull out the advertising machine right now, this is soooo new that alot of gamers will actually be scared of it and they will go to the Xbox360 or say, PS3.

Just pull out 1 billion dollars and run the advertisement! don't think about making profit, if you can win with Revolution, you can win with the NEXT !! :P

What i love that nintendo has now done with the revolution they have slapped sony and M$ in the face with a wet fish, theve revealed the controller and no specs to go with it yet no1 has really cared about the specs of the revo any more as there to busy thinking how much fun they can have

IMO Nintendo have done what there trying to do for games here get rid of the flashy numbers and creat fun

Sign in to follow this