NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Bren

HDTV : Which ones will work with 360?

Part of me belives it will work as it does have component and vga inputs and can support the resolutions. But they dont harp on about the hd ready for nothing.

A set doesn't need to have the HD ready badge to support HD signals, the best HD plasma you can buy doesn't earn the HD Ready logo in its bog standard form.

Does that mean I can use my 360 with a monitor, as there's no way I can afford a HDTV for the forseeable future.

You'll be fine with a monitor, theres no way they'd take out 4:3 support. The horizontal resolution would be decreased to make it fit but you'd basically be getting 4:3 HD, I think thats pretty much exactly why they're releasing the VGA cable, so that people can use monitors for HD.

You'll be fine with a monitor' date=' theres no way they'd take out 4:3 support. The horizontal resolution would be decreased to make it fit but you'd basically be getting 4:3 HD, I think thats pretty much exactly why they're releasing the VGA cable, so that people can use monitors for HD.[/quote']

Sounds good to me, all I'll need is a cheap surround sound system to go with it and I'll be sorted, much cheaper than even the cheapest HDTV.

i read somewhere you needed 1280x720 for 360, andi hav that set at the moment for my pc, and can set it too more, so meh, dunno, will still work somehow

well, after researchin it, i found out that this tv IS hd ready, though not HDMI or DVI, through the Y, Pb, Pr connections

i also checked behind my tv for the connections, and their are 2 sets of these connections,

picture i found http://columbiaisa.freespaces.com/cabletv_converter_componentvideo.jpg

in the manual it says YPbPr1 amd R/L input :

When connecting to YPbPr(r/L) you can use YPbPr visual signal, For example, DVD player and hi-scale HDTV decorder or satellite receiver obtains the picture with maximum resolution and the sound signal (R/L Connector)

and also,

HDTV video signal that can support 720p, 1080i, 480p and 480i mode.

Nice one, no need to upgrade for the time being then, only trouble your going to have is in HD-DVD and Blu-ray.

I'm finally going to have enough money to upgrade my setup next month. I've got a very nice TV and Surround Sound package all ready for me from work.

Sign in to follow this